Author Topic: MC Enterprises Canyon Cages  (Read 28359 times)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Re: MC Enterprises Canyon Cages
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2013, 08:07:43 PM »
Only nit pick I have, and it's just ME (cuz I'm anal like that) that the rear upper motor mount bar could be of better quality. Similar to
the factory one the was removed. Also the way the bar and welded bolt capture inside the right side cage could have a slightly better
design.....

I still love them and the "nit picks" would not have kept me from purchasing them..............
Excellent points.

Ryan, GEN 2Cages.  ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2013, 09:23:48 PM »
Excellent points.

Ryan, GEN 2Cages.  ;D

Would that be gen2 gen2?  ???

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2013, 08:40:40 AM »
Got them yesterday and installed them today during the 1st engine oil and  gear drive oil service. Other than a small blemish in the powder coat on the right side cage, I am quite happy with them. Installation was simple, and took me about an hour for the front and rear cages (for the bags).

Only nit pick I have, and it's just ME (cuz I'm anal like that) that the rear upper motor mount bar could be of better quality. Similar to the factory one the was removed. Also the way the bar and welded bolt capture inside the right side cage could have a slightly better design.....

But hey, do not flame me!!!  :o

I still love them and the "nit picks" would not have kept me from purchasing them..............

Nice product.

Cheers,
-Mark-    8)

Thanks, Mark! I'm glad to hear you like them!

Excellent points.

Ryan, GEN 2Cages.  ;D

Gen 2 Cages? As in the 2008-2009 C14? We have those...
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2013, 09:02:42 AM »
I probably should of said Version 2.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2013, 11:27:14 AM »
I probably should of said Version 2.

Ohhh you mean a second version of that same guard. Now I get it! At first I thought you were suggesting that we should make a Canyon Cage for a new bike. D'oh!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2013, 12:58:12 PM »
Ya, a new version with the upgrades that RcrBoy suggests. I bet it would just drive the cost up on the cages though.

I will repeat what RcrBoy said, "I still love them and the "nit picks" would not have kept me from purchasing them.............."

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2013, 01:12:11 PM »
Ya, a new version with the upgrades that RcrBoy suggests. I bet it would just drive the cost up on the cages though.

I will repeat what RcrBoy said, "I still love them and the "nit picks" would not have kept me from purchasing them.............."

^ that.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline RcrBoy

« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2013, 01:15:15 PM »

Should you ever decide to have a machinist make a better bolt for that rear upper mount I will buy one.....

-Mark-

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2013, 04:24:05 PM »
Should you ever decide to have a machinist make a better bolt for that rear upper mount I will buy one.....

-Mark-

Forgive me but I'm still a tad confused on which part you're talking about. Are you talking about the long bolt that goes through the entire bike at the rear mount? I guess it was just the "upper" part that threw me off as there is only one rear mount so I wasn't sure if you meant the upper front mount or just the rear mount itself. Unless I'm thinking of the wrong guard altogether. You're talking about the Canyon Cage for the 2010-2014 Concours, correct?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2013, 04:50:07 PM »

I just want some nice plug for the "hole" in the right tube that go through the bike (front set).  They should include some type of cap or plug!!  I am showing rust in that hole now (pic is before the rust)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2013, 04:54:15 PM »
I just want some nice plug for the "hole" in the right tube that go through the bike (front set).  They should include some type of cap or plug!!  I am showing rust in that hole now (pic is before the rust)

Mine came with a plug.
2011 Concours 14 ABS

Offline RcrBoy

« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2013, 05:24:15 PM »
..................... the long bolt that goes through the entire bike at the rear mount?

Yes.

It's three pieces of  $#*/  welded together............

I know it's inside and you can't see it.

But.

It bugs me......................

:o

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2013, 05:41:48 PM »
Mine came with a plug.

My memory is weak.  Either mine did not come with a plug or it came with one that would not fit...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2013, 06:06:28 PM »
My memory is weak.  Either mine did not come with a plug or it came with one that would not fit...

I've never tried installing mine... I recall others stating that it was a (retracted colorful expletive) bear to fit.
2011 Concours 14 ABS

Offline wingrider

« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2013, 07:55:18 PM »
Line the plug up. Carefully smack it with a hard plastic hammer. Goes right in.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2013, 04:30:17 AM »
Mine came with a plug.

+1 for the right side. The left side on the Gen 1 bikes that needs a plug too.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2013, 08:29:11 AM »

I can't remember for sure but I believe there was a reason we couldn't plug that spot. I'll be sure to look into this today. If it can be plugged, I'll PM you for your address and get one sent out to you.

Yes.

It's three pieces of  $#*/  welded together............

I know it's inside and you can't see it.

But.

It bugs me......................

:o

It's actually 3 pieces welded together that NEED to be welded together. I know it's not that pretty but it is inside of the bike and it has to have that hex section welded to it so it'll sink into the saddle and stay stationary. I suppose we could get it powder coated though to make it look a little better. If anyone has an idea as to how to improve that piece of hardware, I'd be more than happy to hear them out.

Line the plug up. Carefully smack it with a hard plastic hammer. Goes right in.

This is how most people tend to install that plug and it seems to work fine. I don't understand why a few people were having such trouble with it unless our supplier accidentally sent us a few different sized plugs mixed in with our order in which case it would make perfect sense. We're always willing to replace pieces at no cost that don't work for people though. All they have to do is ask!

Same as the 2010-2014 Concours Canyon Cage, I believe there was a reason we couldn't plug the left side. I'll definitely check into this today though along with the #1400-410. If it can be plugged, I'll make sure they add that to the kit.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2013, 09:54:10 AM »

Do you really want to know about plugs?  :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2013, 10:15:47 AM »
Do you really want to know about plugs?  :rotflmao:

Knowing you, no.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2013, 10:26:54 AM »
Wise answer, grasshopper.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.