Author Topic: Help me with my "fire in my pants" issue  (Read 23363 times)

Offline Cuda

Re: Help me with my "fire in my pants" issue
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2013, 07:43:20 PM »
You need to shower more often, and use SOAP
Try a medicated shampoo like what I use on my dogs
FLEA ASSAULT  should be good for crabs :)

http://youtu.be/o8tnbnU0nHY
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline connie1

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2013, 07:49:16 PM »
Maybe you should try wearing a kilt when riding?  :-\

Great idea!  On local rides I wouldn't even look out of place... there are a lot of Irish around here.

Think of the airflow.  Think of the freedom.  Think of the errant bee that comes flying in at 70 mph.
Man do I love this bike! Red '09

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2013, 08:55:28 PM »
I tried cutting and sewing zippers into a pair of jeans so that  they would supply ample air supply to the boys when open (most of the time).

Um... wow.

The zippers were there for the brief periods that I was off the bike and didn't want a indecent exposure charge.

If showing underwear led to indecent exposure charges, they would be handed out left and right all over the place, yo.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2013, 01:55:58 AM »

Great idea!  On local rides I wouldn't even look out of place... there are a lot of Irish around here.

Think of the airflow.  Think of the freedom.  Think of the errant bee that comes flying in at 70 mph.

The Irish just recently took up the wearing of kilts at the turn of the 20th century so it's probably not a common place thing with them and probably would seem a bit out of place, at least to me.  The Scottish, on the other hand, took up wearing kilts in the 16th century so I think if you have a heavy population of Scots, you would see more of them around.  For instance most people on seeing a gentleman wearing a kilt and playing the bagpipes would immediately assume them as being Scottish and they probably would be right in that case.

Kilts appear to be catching on all over the world.  Kilt wearing locals have been seen in Wales, Cornwall, Isle of Man, Brittany, Galicia Spain, Tras-os-Montes Portugal, Normandy, and parts of northeast England.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2013, 06:55:45 AM »
I'm thinking that someone might need some water cooled underwear...

Google it.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2013, 08:13:28 AM »
Its not a dress.......it's a kilt sicko!!!!!!

2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Jimmy Patriot

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2013, 07:36:03 AM »
I wear these shorts by Ex Officio all the time.  They are always on sale as they are pricey.  I've done a week long rafting trip in the Grand Canyon with one pair of these, one shirt, and one pair of shorts.  Just a little camping soap, wash them in the Colorado River.... wash yourself.....ring them out and put them back on.  Sun has you all dry in 5 min.  I will try those Under Armour shorts also for more support.
http://www.campmor.com/ex-officio-mens-give-n-go-boxer-brief.shtml?source=CI&ci_sku=72115BLKL&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw=
2009 C-14 ABS

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2013, 11:13:39 AM »
I rode for 4 days in MOAR (Missouri/Arkansas) on my FZ1 in hot weather wearing my vented leather pants and had the issue a bit but not as bad. I used the daylights out of Gold Bond Medicated powder, the low strength stuff. Not too bad, not as bad as the C14. Then I did a ton of stuff yesterday outside yesterday and got all sweaty and jumped on the C14 to run to the store and knew it was the bike.  The bike is by nature less smooth/more snatchy in on/off throttle transitions, which puts friction on 'the boys'.  I was in shorts (just running to the store, am normally ATGATT) and my legs were sweaty so I was easily able to grip the tank to prevent the pitching back and forth on throttle transitions. 

I am selling the Sargent seat, I didn't like it. I rode with it last night and it made it 'pitchier'?  Put the stock seat back on and rode to work today, it is less pitchy, am going to put that reflective heat tape on, powder the boys and try some suspension adjustment.

I took the picture below, this was just after riding 341 (aka Push Mountain Road) south to north. We had ridden it north to south the day before.  For the last 3 years, I have set up a road trip to MOAR on my birthday and invited friends, big fun.  Man, the roads are great down there.  The women are another story though, hoo boy. If you are looking for a large lady that smokes and is festooned with inexpensive tattoos, look no further.

2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline PH14

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2013, 01:12:15 PM »
I rode for 4 days in MOAR (Missouri/Arkansas) on my FZ1 in hot weather wearing my vented leather pants and had the issue a bit but not as bad. I used the daylights out of Gold Bond Medicated powder, the low strength stuff. Not too bad, not as bad as the C14. Then I did a ton of stuff yesterday outside yesterday and got all sweaty and jumped on the C14 to run to the store and knew it was the bike.  The bike is by nature less smooth/more snatchy in on/off throttle transitions, which puts friction on 'the boys'.  I was in shorts (just running to the store, am normally ATGATT) and my legs were sweaty so I was easily able to grip the tank to prevent the pitching back and forth on throttle transitions. 

I am selling the Sargent seat, I didn't like it. I rode with it last night and it made it 'pitchier'?  Put the stock seat back on and rode to work today, it is less pitchy, am going to put that reflective heat tape on, powder the boys and try some suspension adjustment.

I took the picture below, this was just after riding 341 (aka Push Mountain Road) south to north. We had ridden it north to south the day before.  For the last 3 years, I have set up a road trip to MOAR on my birthday and invited friends, big fun.  Man, the roads are great down there.  The women are another story though, hoo boy. If you are looking for a large lady that smokes and is festooned with inexpensive tattoos, look no further.

I would give it more than one ride before you decide. The seat is infinitely more comfortable on long rides than the stock seat.  I didn't really experience the "pitchy" feeling you experienced, but any change in ergonomics will make the bike feel different.

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2013, 01:46:16 PM »
I would give it more than one ride before you decide.
I did a 2.5 hour ride up to Iowa and it was ok, but then did a 5 hour ride home and thought my balls were going to burst into flame (not as much fun as it sounds), that's enough for me.  I made this post after riding home that weekend.

The seat is infinitely more comfortable on long rides than the stock seat.
Maybe for your butt, but not for mine.  It's narrow in the front, which makes for a lot of pressure in a small area and if I'm in front, it's taller because there is a rise in the seat near the front. This makes me more tiptoed in a parking lot situation, not something I am fond of on a 700 lb bike which is frequently heavily loaded.  Not saying the Sargent is a bad seat, it just doesn't work for me.

I didn't really experience the "pitchy" feeling you experienced, but any change in ergonomics will make the bike feel different.
It's not something you notice when you are comfortable with or used to the bike, more something that is noticed when you switch from another bike to this one, in my case, my 2005 FZ1, which is chain drive and doesn't pitch forward heavily when rolling off the throttle.  Riding the FZ1 for 1500 miles to MOAR and back, then jumping on the C14 made me aware of pitching, as did a PM from someone.  I have resolved to smooth out the throttle transitions to allay this issue when possible.
2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline Highett

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2013, 06:22:24 PM »
Yes a real problem "Hot Nuts"

But seriously if it is caused by heat,

Wear something like LD comfort riding pants to wick moisture away from the skin, use a bead seat to increase air flow under your butt and try using an air deflector on each side to direct airflow into your groin area - Modified Baker Air Wings as an example.

If the burn is caused by saddle time, then try altering your seated position occasionally, try standing up and doing some squats and change your leg positions, this takes the pressure off and allows some circulation into the area.

For the record I have had the Numb Bum and the Hot Nuts too, finding the right combination is an individual thing.

I have tried -

The stock seat by itself, with an air hawk and with a bead rider,

I changed to a Corbin because I did not like the seat sliding me into the tank, with the Corbin I have done LD on the bare seat, with an Air Hawk and with a Bead Rider.

The Corbin is as hard as concrete as well but you do get used to it.

I use the LD Comfort Shorts and I have settled on the Bead Rider, Simply for the improved air flow, it also lets the water drain out while riding in heavy rain as well.

This works for me, I still find on long days that I will stand in the pegs now and then, I also have Hwy Pegs to stretch  my legs out as well.

Best of luck with finding your own solution, keep trying

Cheers

Paul

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2013, 06:27:58 AM »
In addition, you could try Duluth's Ball Room jeans.  They have more room in the front for the guys and the jeans contain some stretchy material which helps when they get sweat soaked.  They stretch, unlike normal jeans that seem to tighten up.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2013, 07:13:45 AM »
Abercrombie, Ralph Lauren, or Lucky Brand Jeans and a pair of Ralph Lauren britches and I'm good for 1000 mile days  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Mr Orange

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2013, 07:40:53 AM »
Maybe you should try wearing a kilt when riding?  :-\

Offline Conrad

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2013, 08:33:16 AM »
Abercrombie, Ralph Lauren, or Lucky Brand Jeans and a pair of Ralph Lauren britches and I'm good for 1000 mile days  :D

::)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline PH14

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2013, 08:37:44 AM »
I would give it more than one ride before you decide.
I did a 2.5 hour ride up to Iowa and it was ok, but then did a 5 hour ride home and thought my balls were going to burst into flame (not as much fun as it sounds), that's enough for me.  I made this post after riding home that weekend.

The seat is infinitely more comfortable on long rides than the stock seat.
Maybe for your butt, but not for mine.  It's narrow in the front, which makes for a lot of pressure in a small area and if I'm in front, it's taller because there is a rise in the seat near the front. This makes me more tiptoed in a parking lot situation, not something I am fond of on a 700 lb bike which is frequently heavily loaded.  Not saying the Sargent is a bad seat, it just doesn't work for me.

I didn't really experience the "pitchy" feeling you experienced, but any change in ergonomics will make the bike feel different.
It's not something you notice when you are comfortable with or used to the bike, more something that is noticed when you switch from another bike to this one, in my case, my 2005 FZ1, which is chain drive and doesn't pitch forward heavily when rolling off the throttle.  Riding the FZ1 for 1500 miles to MOAR and back, then jumping on the C14 made me aware of pitching, as did a PM from someone.  I have resolved to smooth out the throttle transitions to allay this issue when possible.

My comment about the Sargent being more comfortable than the stock is related to pain, not heat. If I were out near you I would let you try out my Corbin. I almost made it out there this past weekend, I had considered riding to Iowa to see family. The Corbin doesn't make me as hot as either the stock seat or the Sargent, although on very rough roads it can beat you up, something the Sargent doesn't do.

Thanks for explaining what you mean by pitchy, now I get what you are saying.

I truly understand what you are experiencing though. I too feel the heat on long rides in hot weather, it is the main reason I decided to try the Corbin after using the Sargent. I truly love the comfort of the Sargent, I just wanted to see if the Corbin helped with the heat issue.

I have the LD Comfort riding pants and various Underarmour and underwear like them, they all help, to a degree. I usually ride in a pair of AVG Telluride pants and they help insulate me from the bike a bit more than jeans do. I often simply wear a pair of lightweight unpadded mountain bike shorts along with Underarmour underwear, or even regular boxers under them so I can remove the pants and put on a pair of flip flops if I want to be off the bike for a while. I think the riding pants did the most to help combat the heat for me.

I seriously love the comfort of the Sargent although I believe it could be a slight touch firmer than it is. It broke in a bit more than desired. The Corbin is decent on the interstate but on a ride across West Virginia on small back roads and route 50, it had me in serious pain due to the bumps. My wife prefers the Corbin unfortunately since it prevents her form sliding forward. She also ends up with a sore posterior with it though. I will have to take her on a long trip to see if her opinion changes.

Good luck. 

Offline PH14

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2013, 11:59:57 AM »
I will say that fire in the pants is better than fire in the hole!  :yikes:

Offline MGvaleri

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2013, 01:06:50 PM »
Balls in a cool and ankles, now you can turn with flip-flops.

http://youtu.be/3S5p1WcwLaI

MG valerio. :rotflmao:
Centauro ancora a  60 anni,..che non finisca mai!!!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2013, 01:49:09 PM »
I'm not sure that I would ride with flip flops, MG, no matter how cool the bike is....  Besides, his bike is an '11.  He shouldn't be having this issue.

Offline Broz

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2013, 02:00:07 PM »
I recently purchased a pair of Olympia Air Glide 3 Mesh Tech pants.  I really like them they flow the air very well.  I stand up occasionally when I'm hot and it's like having ram air jets to your boys.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/908/38490/ITEM/Olympia-Airglide-3-Mesh-Tech-Over-Pants.aspx
Semper Fi
Broz
2012 C-14.  Black