Author Topic: Help me with my "fire in my pants" issue  (Read 23364 times)

Offline tonedeaf

Re: Help me with my "fire in my pants" issue
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 02:14:24 AM »
Several of the guys I ride with wear bicycle shorts. They provide some extra padding in the sensitive areas and, in your case, some additional insulation.

Offline koval68

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 06:03:53 AM »
Just spent amazing two weeks in Colorado, Utah and Arizona - our days full of "hard core" riding - and the combination of padded bicycle shorts and Airhawk cushion seems to work really well for me, FYI .
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline TexMic

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2013, 06:38:03 AM »
I'm in love with Push Mountain Rd in north-central Arkansas (south of Mountain Home). From near Norfolk south to near Big Flat. I think it's officially State Hwy 341.

I've been to Arkansas twice on different bikes. Push Mountain is my favorite road in all of Arkansas, at least the top is after they repaved it. The bottom gets kind of rough. It's the first place I accidentally dragged pegs, I was riding my Sprint ST at the time. There's another really sweet road right in the south side of Missouri, but I can't remember the name of it right now. It's like riding the Isle of Man.  ;D

Also on the more delicate subject.. I live in Houston, I use Gold Bond every day to keep the boys cool and comfortable. Don't use the extra strength stuff though, that is a little too powerful. Tried it once and threw away the bottle. When I do a week ride like I do to Arkansas, I just put some extra powder right in the bottom of my undies before I put my riding shorts on. It helps to keep everything dry down there. I also keep a small bottle in the tank bag for rest stops. The other thing I do is wear some sports shorts that are made of a material that will easily slide within my riding pants. This helps to keep things from getting bunched up while moving around on the seat. Gotta keep the boys comfortable man. If the boys ain't happy, I ain't happy. LOL

Offline jayke

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2013, 06:55:47 AM »
If you're wearing bicycle shorts. leave your undies at home.  I asked at the bicycle shop when I bought mine.  That's what the bicycle guys do.

You might try an Airhawk.  I have an Airhawk 2, my ass still goes numb but the the boys are fine.  The Airhawk R would be even better but it's $$

Offline CIG4R

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2013, 08:56:20 AM »
The stock seat crushed my balls to. Had a upholstery shop remove the front horn of the stock seat.
Use the Alaskan Sheepskin seat cover and it helps alot. I use to weld and had a 8" square welders blanket I put under the seat pan to block any transfer of heat from the underside.
Bike shorts and try the Under Armour sports underwear with no seams.

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2013, 05:17:14 PM »
Try a pair of wicking hiking underwear. They get the moisture away from your skin when walking and probably work here, too. When skin gets sweaty and damp, then is hot or rubs against other skin (like a leg or toe to toe in a boot), blister occur. Powder dries it up initially, but ultimately fails.

@ZG: 1?    Really?  Like peppers, different temperatures.... ;-)
2014 C-14 Red

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2013, 05:55:55 PM »
@ZG: 1?    Really?  Like peppers, different temperatures.... ;-)

;D

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 05:10:37 PM »
The bike is a 2012 C14.   I have no idea how to state this other than just saying it outright.  The underside of my "boys" feels like it sets on fire after a while.  I have always sat fairly far forward on almost all my bikes.  I can't see changing my riding position, it's just the way I ride and I always go right back there.

Stock seat basically set the underside of my balls on fire on my trip to Texas.  Sorry, I can't think of a better way to put that, that's where the pain is.  Bought a Sargent seat (standard, not low), took a trip to Iowa this weekend. Took the long way home, my God, I was really suffering, which I find frustrating because I just spent $450 on that sucker.  It's a nice seat but has the same problem.  It's now for sale in the for sale section, btw, pretty good price.  It's about a week old and nearly $100 off.

I tried some LD rider shorts, OMG they burned.   So now I will try some Gold Bond Medicated powder to avoid the sweat? Maybe just baby powder, the Gold Bond has menthol in it and feels cool but not sure if that's good. I got the extra strength and a heavy application of that caused a heat issue just standing there, let alone riding on a bike for hours.

My FZ1 doesn't do that (or not bad enough to where it's torture), my C10 didn't do that either.  This sucks!  I love to ride long distances, we are going to Arkansas leaving Wednesday at noon, will return Sunday and I am taking the FZ1.  I will prolly just go by some baby powder and apply that liberally and pray it helps.  It's gonna be pretty hot too and I will prolly be wearing my vented leather pants, which won't make for a cool scrotal area but I feel like it's important to be protected. '

Sorry for the overly accurate description!

I've decided you should take the simple route and just let everyone know...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 05:19:02 PM »
They let that one slide by, eh?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2013, 05:20:06 PM »
They let that one slide by, eh?

He-he...  Also reserved "BGKAWK"!

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2013, 06:30:18 AM »
I've had just a couple of fire gals on mine that.... nevermind  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2013, 07:18:49 AM »
I've had just a couple of fire gals on mine that.... nevermind  :D

That's what she said...     ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2013, 09:41:22 AM »
Damn this is going to really wreck my already bad reputation here. :-[I have this problem bad. I have done just about every mod suggested to reduce the heat. I ride on beads on top of a sheepskin on the stock seat. My nuts are still cooking on warm days. I have to stand up to give them air every 20 miles or so. I even bought an infra red-thermometer to check the temperature of the seat and tank. It turns out the seat and tank are not getting all that hot. At least not hot enough to be the main cause of my discomfort. I am beginning to think that it may not be the bike but me. I believe that my skin in that area has become overly sensitive as a side affect of some very powerful medication I took for several months to control psoriasis.  Soriatane. This medicine is nasty enough to prohibit giving blood for three years. Mosquitos won't even bite me anymore! And my nether regions tend to chafe in places they never did before. It also made the nails on my right hand fall off. The left hand is fine.
BUT, it cured my psoriasis. The medicine is said to stay in your system for three years if you don't use alcohol. God knows how long it will stay in mine.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline TexMic

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2013, 11:19:09 AM »
Having owned an 06 Sprint GT with the underseat nut roaster exhaust, I can tell you that the C14 seat doesn't get appreciably hot. There were a lot of things I loved about that bike, but the underseat exhaust was one of the reasons I got rid of it. I'll probably never own another bike with an underseat exhaust if I can help it.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2013, 03:26:38 PM »
I am beginning to think that it may not be the bike but me.

Yep
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie1

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2013, 05:55:37 PM »
I tried cutting and sewing zippers into a pair of jeans so that  they would supply ample air supply to the boys when open (most of the time).  The zippers were there for the brief periods that I was off the bike and didn't want a indecent exposure charge.  The only problem with this was the connie doesn't get much airflow down there.
I found that when the boys were cool I felt cool and vice versa so I've even resorted to dumping water on my crotch while riding and standing up to let evaporation do it's thing. 
Hope you find something that works.
Man do I love this bike! Red '09

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2013, 06:08:49 PM »
 :rotflmao:   I'm sorry guys, but I'm finding this thread totally hilarious..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2013, 07:01:55 PM »
I tried cutting and sewing zippers into a pair of jeans so that  they would supply ample air supply to the boys when open (most of the time).  The zippers were there for the brief periods that I was off the bike and didn't want a indecent exposure charge.  The only problem with this was the connie doesn't get much airflow down there.

Maybe you should try wearing a kilt when riding?  :-\

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2013, 07:15:45 PM »
Maybe some of those flexible refreezable ice packs under an Alaskan Sheepskin? Keep a few in the cooler in the top case.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2013, 07:30:52 PM »