Author Topic: Camping with C14 can be tough nowadays  (Read 2788 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Camping with C14 can be tough nowadays
« on: May 29, 2013, 09:33:16 PM »
Seems no matter where I try to stay the  :censored: ing Valet folks can't park a bike.  But kudo's to Marriott Resort Naw'Leens....     (New Orleans Marriott Metairie at Lakeway) they have dedicated in garage Motorcycle parking, right near the elevators. Highly suggest the place for ease of camping during a trip  ;D

And here is my bike all tucked in safe and sound

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

Re: Camping with C14 can be tough nowadays
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 09:54:02 PM »
You have a  :yikes: BLACK bike? ;)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 09:57:45 PM »
You have a  :yikes: BLACK bike? ;)

naw...used a cell phone like ZG's and color is off...I just posted about that cell phone "color quality" in your open forum thread lmfao!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 11:50:11 PM »
naw...used a cell phone like ZG's and color is off...I just posted about that cell phone "color quality" in your open forum thread lmfao!

;D

Gotta do whatcha gotta do, world moves too fast, post up with what ya have handy at the moment!  ;) :chugbeer:

Thanks for sharing Steve, looks good to me bro!  8)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 05:30:11 AM »
;D

Gotta do whatcha gotta do, world moves too fast, post up with what ya have handy at the moment!  ;) :chugbeer:

They say "the best camera is the one you have with you at the time you need it"
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 06:36:49 AM »
Camping?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 06:42:15 AM »
Camping?

yes - I posted like this because the local elderly cajuns I stopped and chatted with in the bayou's told me they keep calling everything camp that we'd call home because in the Cadian (Cajun) language any dwelling whether it be a home, houseboat, temp housing/hotel/ or tent is called a "camp"

I usually fly to my business meetings, but this one bumped next to a 3 day weekend so i took my bike and run the bayou's south of New orleans for 3 days and visited family on the way there.

The toughest part of the trip was meeting locals in the bayous south of New Orleans and digesting all that great spicy cajun food!  I crawled up onto a huge shrimp boat on deepwater leading into a swamp to get to know the local and helped him repair the commercial sized netting.

The food at the local shacks, OMG the food the food the food!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 07:29:45 AM »
That's the way I camp.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 07:41:51 AM »
Camping can be rough. If you need more sustenance I would recommend this place: