Author Topic: Possibly looking to sell 2010 Connie with ABS  (Read 2639 times)

Offline JMills

Possibly looking to sell 2010 Connie with ABS
« on: March 07, 2013, 11:58:52 AM »
What should be a reasonable sales price for a 2010 Connie with ABS, 11,279 miles, Corbin seat, murph risers and wedges, throttle mister, CeeBaily and Stock windshield.  The bike has extended warranty for 3 more years.  New rear Angel rear tire.  I have some back problems and riding may not be in my future.
2010 Connie ABS

Offline Spanky

Re: Possibly looking to sell 2010 Connie with ABS
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 12:03:50 PM »
Nice looking bike JMills. Sorry to hear about the back issues. GLWS.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 12:04:18 PM »
At least wait until I sell mine. lol.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Yves

• Sexy, 2012
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 12:58:10 PM »
That's sad.. Don't know you but don't give up..

Never, Ever Give Up. Arthur's Inspirational Transformation!
Rationality have no place around bikes.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 02:04:39 PM »
Great video.
 I hope your back problems aren't too bad.
Joel from Maine.

motocopter

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 06:24:37 PM »
What a story! I'm a 20+ year vet and sympathize with the physical issue that soldiers go through. But, their inspirational stories can benefit many. Though I didn't have the huge weight gain, I was told by a flight surgeon that I need never to run again. That was back in 2004. Tried the elliptical trainers, but those hurt. I ended up gaining 16 pounds (5'8" and 178lbs), and used to have roll out of bed in the mornings. I felt great after a four-mile run, but my lower back hated me for it.

A http://www.waterrower.com/ helped me with the lower back, and I now run/walk on a $100 treadmill I got from a yard sale back in August of 2011. I don't have to be so much guarded with any activity anymore, but for the most part my everyday pain has gone away.

To the potential seller, I don't know your situation. Riding motorcycles is positive mental therapy. If you give it up, do you have a replacement? We all need something to motivate us.  ;)

Offline JMills

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2013, 06:29:06 PM »
Thanks for the inspiration.  I have three degenerative disks and about 23 years of pain.  I really enjoy the bike. 
2010 Connie ABS

Son of Pappy

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2013, 07:09:20 PM »
So, 20+ years retired Army.  Many back procedures, one surgery, 2 remaining herniated discs, degenerative bone loss in the neck and lower back.  If I had to give up riding I think I would wake up in the looney bin.  FWIW, I ride street and dirt.  Hit the high speed stuff twice a year, I do single track on the YZ, and ADV rides on the GS.  Although I don't compete I do enter competitions and I work at not exceeding my limitations as it just takes too long to heal.

Don't give up until it's over and don't become addicted to a synthetic lifestyle, you must stay active to maintain flexibility and a drug addled mind leads to inactivity.  Stretch, stretch some more, start swimming, and stay riding.

My .02

Offline wrichstrom

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2013, 07:39:24 PM »
Great video Yves and inspirational words from Pappy. 

My doctor told me to get rid of my gut and I remember telling my wife I would never be able to jog again, and frankly couldn't run a mile.  A year and a half later with 30 lbs. gone (track calories using Livestrong.com) and exercising, I ran my first half-marathon in my life two weeks ago at age 52.

Never give up and find what works for you and keep at it.  Not all exercise is good for everyone, but some exercise is good for all of us.  One day at a time and don't give up!!

Besides you are not going to see another motorcycle as good as your Connie!!  Think long and hard about selling the motorcycle, and if you do replace it with a bicycle!!  Best wishes!
2012 C-14

Offline Yves

• Sexy, 2012
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 09:21:05 AM »
Arthur in the video did all the work, i simply copy and paste the link! I too had discal hernias and i am now in a remission period. I once weighted 325pnds, got down to 195pnds, back up at 250 but i keep hoping and slowly fighting my way down to 200-210 wich would be ideal for me. Try not give up! Slowly exercise everyday. Drink a lot of water, eat as well as you can, stop smoking, pray/meditate, visualize your ideal self and ask him what to do. Change will happen. Ride well!
 :thumbs:
Rationality have no place around bikes.

Offline JMills

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2013, 06:40:57 AM »
I own two bikes, the Connie and a carbon fiber Fuji bicycle. 

I have focused on pain management and have remained drug free. Riding the bicycle (spin class or stationary on cold or rainy days) takes about 90-95% of the pain away.

I would rather not give up either. 

Thanks for your encouragement.  Years of back abuse, USMC for almost ten years, distance running and biking, the last 27 years hauling luggage through airports to catch a flight,  lets not forget gravity, all adds up over time.
2010 Connie ABS