Author Topic: Post break-in, post upgrades update....  (Read 9228 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Post break-in, post upgrades update....
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 04:35:15 AM »
Understanding can be highly overrated.        Just ask my wife.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 06:09:48 AM »
Not quite apples to apples....shaft drive versus chain, etc.  The "most aggressive sport touring ergonomics" doesn't define the bike and also doesn't provide adjustability.  That's easily remedied, while the general character of the bike can remain the same.  So now you have all you liked and eliminated what you didn't like.  Seems pretty logical.

Bottom line, I wanted a bike that could be comfortable, didn't weigh as much as a Gold Wing, was relatively affordable, good wind protection, could handle well, had shaft drive, and still looked badass.   

I bought what I wanted, and am modding it the way I want, and will ride it the way I want.  Nobody has to understand.

+3  8)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 06:11:04 AM »
Understanding can be highly overrated.        Just ask my wife.

You got that right...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 11:35:51 PM »
I bought what I wanted, and am modding it the way I want, and will ride it the way I want.  Nobody has to understand.

That would make a pretty good forum signature line.  :thumbs:

Offline speed545

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2013, 04:06:19 AM »
great mods. Congrats

does anybody have a stock dyno sheet to post?
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2013, 04:06:28 AM »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline 43616

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2013, 08:22:22 PM »
Like what you did to the bike!  I traded in a 2008 CBR1000RR for my 2012 c14.  I really miss the power of my CBR.  I've really been debating about getting the full areap exhaust and the pcv.  Wasn't sure how the eco mode would work with the pcv.  If you've got all that and can still run the eco mode and get 46MPG, I think I'm sold!  I've also been trying to figure out what to do about the stock seat.  I'm only 5'6" and I don't like having a 700 pound bike underneath me and only being able to touch the ground on my tiptoes!
Present - 2012 C14 , 2009 CRF450R
Past - 2008 CBR 1000RR, 2007 YZ450F, 2005 YZ450F , 2004 CBR 600RR, 1999 CR125R, 1987 Ninja 600RX-B

Offline Cuda

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 08:40:40 PM »
Was at a airport last week, this girl had 7"-8"  platform shoes that were two sizes to big ::)
Sounds like you need to lower the bike and get different boots , I remember someone on here had a pair of boots with extra material added.
In the for sale section somone has 1" lowering links and matching kickstand for $130.00
Corbin seat, You need to talk to Mad Max he is only 5'3"
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 09:04:32 PM »
I've also been trying to figure out what to do about the stock seat.  I'm only 5'6" and I don't like having a 700 pound bike underneath me and only being able to touch the ground on my tiptoes!

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=260.0
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline eng943

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2013, 04:26:57 AM »
You are not alone in your hatred of the linked brakes. Kawasaki should never have let this bike go out the door with the brakes as is. Worst brakes I have ever experienced.

You could unlink them I believe.
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline 43616

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 05:33:30 PM »
You are not alone in your hatred of the linked brakes. Kawasaki should never have let this bike go out the door with the brakes as is. Worst brakes I have ever experienced.

You could unlink them I believe.

I too can't stand them.  I've found if you hold the kact button in for a few seconds it puts the in less than full link mode and it's a little better, but I still feel the brakes grab too hard when I'm getting ready to stop.

As far as the bike height issues goes I'm looking at possibly getting a new seat.  Just haven't figured out which.  I've seen the sargent's, corbin's and the Lamm, but they're all expensive.  I could buy crash guards for the price of a seat and then if the bike falls over, I won't be as worried.   :)  I have also looked into getting platform shoes. lol  I've tried the height increasing insoles and they work but my boots are too tight with them in.  I might try getting some cheap bigger boots to try out and see how well it all works out.

Soo much farkle to do, not enough $$.
Present - 2012 C14 , 2009 CRF450R
Past - 2008 CBR 1000RR, 2007 YZ450F, 2005 YZ450F , 2004 CBR 600RR, 1999 CR125R, 1987 Ninja 600RX-B

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 06:53:29 PM »
As far as the bike height issues goes I'm looking at possibly getting a new seat.  Just haven't figured out which.  I've seen the sargent's, corbin's and the Lamm, but they're all expensive.  I could buy crash guards for the price of a seat and then if the bike falls over, I won't be as worried.   :)  I have also looked into getting platform shoes. lol  I've tried the height increasing insoles and they work but my boots are too tight with them in.  I might try getting some cheap bigger boots to try out and see how well it all works out.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=260.0

Soo much farkle to do, not enough $$.

Yeah, it can get expensive.  But being able to control the bike is paramount.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc