Author Topic: Has anyone used this company for lost C14 FOBs?  (Read 20945 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Has anyone used this company for lost C14 FOBs?
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2013, 04:04:44 AM »
Can you remove and disassemble the ignition to get the key?

Offline Locksmith

« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2013, 07:44:02 AM »
My first question is, where are you located?  I can help you with a key for your seat. I am a 30 year journeyman locksmith.

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2013, 03:55:45 PM »
Someone needs to invent an ignition that just uses a key.

Git 'im Steve!!

Offline sycamoredave

« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2013, 06:35:34 PM »
Well, thanks to the nature of the Sargent seat, I was able to get the seat off and the ECU out without a key.  The CPU is boxed and ready to ship to Carmo.  They promise 10 day turn around.  I'll have three keys with chips that will work with my unit.  I should be able to get them cut to match the stove pipe.  Just think, a normal key that goes on a key ring!  No FOB!  No battery issues!  All it takes is $.

By the way, we better be careful with those Sargent seats... ???

Sargent Motorcycle Seat on Kawasaki Concours 14

Ride safe...  :P
Dave

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2013, 09:33:14 PM »
I'll have three keys with chips that will work with my unit.  I should be able to get them cut to match the stove pipe.  Just think, a normal key that goes on a key ring!  No FOB!  No battery issues!

I have had a "normal" key for years, I had a locksmith cut one for me.

But if what you are getting only contains a passive RFID (no battery), you will not be able to start the engine until you hold one of them in contact with the magic spot on the front of the ignition lock neck for up to 10 seconds, every time you want to start the bike.  When the [passive] key is in the ignition, it will be too far away to activate the ignition RFID reader.  Maybe you already know all this, though.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline sycamoredave

« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2013, 09:18:10 PM »
 Well, here is the rest of the story on this company.  The "engineer" called me yesterday and admitted that despite their website listing the C14, he had never worked on a KIPASS system.  They haven't a clue how to make it work.   While I would very much like to rip them, they were very nice to work with, admitted they were wrong, and refunded every penny of my money.  Unfortunately, I am back to square one.   :P

Dave

Offline Conrad

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2013, 04:35:30 AM »
Sorry about that chief.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline firehawk618

« Reply #67 on: May 20, 2013, 11:32:46 PM »
I'd keep scanning ebay for a used kipass ecu with transponder....gotta be worth a shot.
2012 C14 Black

Offline chap

« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2013, 09:08:21 AM »
maybe try contacting this guy on ebay  al_sgarage001. He is in Quebec Canada (I think) he has a 2010 Concours he is dismantling. It is worth a try to see if he has the ECU with transponder.
Good Luck.
2010 Concours ABS = Blue
2003 Concours - Red (sold)

Offline sycamoredave

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2013, 08:22:01 AM »
HAPPY DAY!   ;D

My wife was mowing out by the barn, and saw something reflected in the sunlight.  It was my missing FOB!  Despite having spent from last December to now sitting in the weeds by the driveway, I stuck a new battery in it, hit the stovepipe, the screen lit up, I hit the starter, and the Concours started right up!  Pure bliss.  Back in business.  The dumb thing must have fallen out of my pocket while I was doing some chores, and I never knew it. 

Life is good, and I love my wife.   8)

Dave

Offline Conrad

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2013, 08:24:20 AM »
That's great news Dave!

Now it's time to order a second fob right?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline sycamoredave

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2013, 08:29:01 AM »
Already done!  Live and learn!   ;)

Dave

Offline PH14

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2013, 08:44:11 AM »
HAPPY DAY!   ;D

My wife was mowing out by the barn, and saw something reflected in the sunlight.  It was my missing FOB!  Despite having spent from last December to now sitting in the weeds by the driveway, I stuck a new battery in it, hit the stovepipe, the screen lit up, I hit the starter, and the Concours started right up!  Pure bliss.  Back in business.  The dumb thing must have fallen out of my pocket while I was doing some chores, and I never knew it. 

Life is good, and I love my wife.   8)

Dave

Awesome!  :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2013, 09:08:29 AM »
The dumb thing must have fallen out of my pocket while I was doing some chores, and I never knew it. 

Does having the fob in yer pocket help with doing chores?  ???

I'll have to try that next time, if I put it in my wife's pocket will she be more efficient with her chores?  :-\

Offline Conrad

« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2013, 09:57:56 AM »
Does having the fob in yer pocket help with doing chores?  ???

I'll have to try that next time, if I put it in my wife's pocket will she be more efficient with her chores?  :-\

J, I KNOW that you aren't implying that your wife's efficiency isn't what it should be, right?    :o    ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2013, 10:26:55 AM »
J, I KNOW that you aren't implying that your wife's efficiency isn't what it should be, right?    :o    ;)

:-X ;D

Offline Aegir

• 2012 - Candy Arabian Red
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2013, 11:54:37 AM »
Hello all. Been lurking your site for about a year and finally made the leap and purchased a 2012 with only 220 miles on it a couple weeks ago. Installed my Canyon Cages last week and am REALLY happy made the upgrade.

I do have a noob question about the FOB. I'm guessing they come with two FOBs when new?  Dealer said didn't have the other one, now have said they found the "backup" FOB.  Says it's much smaller than the "main" FOB.  Is that right?  The FOBs are not the same size; i.e. main=big, backup=small?

Thanks

Offline Conrad

« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2013, 12:07:35 PM »
Hello all. Been lurking your site for about a year and finally made the leap and purchased a 2012 with only 220 miles on it a couple weeks ago. Installed my Canyon Cages last week and am REALLY happy made the upgrade.

I do have a noob question about the FOB. I'm guessing they come with two FOBs when new?  Dealer said didn't have the other one, now have said they found the "backup" FOB.  Says it's much smaller than the "main" FOB.  Is that right?  The FOBs are not the same size; i.e. main=big, backup=small?

Thanks

That's correct. 2nd gen C14s come with two different sized fobs. See your owner's manual for more info on the difference between the two. 

Welcome aboard!

Offline Aegir

• 2012 - Candy Arabian Red
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2013, 12:17:53 PM »
Thank you very much, Conrad.  They didn't have the owner's manual either.  Should have a new one in a couple of days.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2013, 12:23:05 PM »
Thank you very much, Conrad.  They didn't have the owner's manual either.  Should have a new one in a couple of days.

Till you get the manual, here's some light reading for ya. It's a bit tedious but you'll get the info.

http://www.kawasaki-techinfo.net/showOM.php?view_lang=EN&spec=US&book_no=99987-1707&lang_code=EN

Click on General Information on the left panel and start reading on page 72.