Author Topic: Extended Warranty  (Read 8250 times)

Offline rush2112

• Arena
Re: Extended Warranty
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 11:08:37 AM »
Just got an email back from my dealer (Houston area) and he said that he could sell me the GTPP for $650.  >:(

Think I'll be hitting up y'alls contact soon!!!!!!  :)
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 05:51:15 AM »
I took advantage of the deal VirginiaJim set up with his dealership. About $100 per year is worth it to me for the peace of mind. I will have the bike for at least 6 years total and I average about 15k per year, so it is well worth it in my opinion. Like insurance, I hope I never have to use it.

Actually, that was Rich (MOB) that set it up....thanks go to him.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Spanky

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 01:00:56 PM »
My apologies MOB. It has been a while  :o. Thanks again, it really was appreciated.

Offline Spanky

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 01:49:24 PM »
It is even in the sticky that MOB set it up. My internet shame will live on....

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2013, 01:32:52 PM »
It is even in the sticky that MOB set it up. My internet shame will live on....

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :deadhorse: :chugbeer: :chugbeer:

FYI
I took my 08 in to a "dealership" ( unfortunatly not Ultimate, as I have moved from richmond to Ohio...) this year in Sept., for the second brake lever recall, and also to get TPS sensors replaced (on Kaw...), and asked that dealer about offering a lower price on GTPP. When we were looking at the printout of my bike history and records online there, I looked at the screen,and on thier print out, ind in big bold letters mid page it said:

Customer Qualifies / can take advantage of further GTPP extensions for $312 / 36 mo. plan.

The parts Service folks showed this to me. I had to "go up front" to talk to the sales Dork there in order to worm him into it.... he said he absolutely couldn't sell it for less than $500... ??? ::) ::)

I told him he wasn't gonna sell one to me for that price. And reminded him if he was that concerned with pocketing the $200 commision on that, he wouldn't pocket a $0.01 from comission from a bike sale from me ever....have a nice day.... 60% commision my azzz
Tht'd be like hanging a sign on a C14 asking $24k...
 ::)
I also told him I'd be calling Pete for another extend=o shortly.... ;)

All in all, if Pete earns a 10% commish on his sale, it is completely justified, and seeing as since he began he has litterally sold hundreds of GTTP because he was generous, and we as a group went to him in droves, it makes it a good thing. 8) 8) 8)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2013, 06:30:06 AM »
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :deadhorse: :chugbeer: :chugbeer:

FYI
I took my 08 in to a "dealership" ( unfortunatly not Ultimate, as I have moved from richmond to Ohio...) this year in Sept., for the second brake lever recall, and also to get TPS sensors replaced (on Kaw...), and asked that dealer about offering a lower price on GTPP. When we were looking at the printout of my bike history and records online there, I looked at the screen,and on thier print out, ind in big bold letters mid page it said:

Customer Qualifies / can take advantage of further GTPP extensions for $312 / 36 mo. plan.

The parts Service folks showed this to me. I had to "go up front" to talk to the sales Dork there in order to worm him into it.... he said he absolutely couldn't sell it for less than $500... ??? ::) ::)

I told him he wasn't gonna sell one to me for that price. And reminded him if he was that concerned with pocketing the $200 commision on that, he wouldn't pocket a $0.01 from comission from a bike sale from me ever....have a nice day.... 60% commision my azzz
Tht'd be like hanging a sign on a C14 asking $24k...
 ::)
I also told him I'd be calling Pete for another extend=o shortly.... ;)

All in all, if Pete earns a 10% commish on his sale, it is completely justified, and seeing as since he began he has litterally sold hundreds of GTTP because he was generous, and we as a group went to him in droves, it makes it a good thing. 8) 8) 8)

Rich, are you on your second GTPP now or does the above message refer to your second? I'm on my second now, warranty good till 5/2018. Can I get a third and cover my bike till 2021?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2013, 08:25:43 AM »
I'm not sure that Kwak central would be that silly, Conrad but it's worth a try.  Don't think I'll keep my 08 that long.  I think by the time my second extension goes out I'll be looking at a slightly newer model.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 08:29:05 AM »
I'm not sure that Kwak central would be that silly, Conrad but it's worth a try.  Don't think I'll keep my 08 that long.  I think by the time my second extension goes out I'll be looking at a slightly newer model.

I was just curious more than anything Jim. I'll be ready for something new by then as well.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 12:11:21 PM »
Rich, are you on your second GTPP now or does the above message refer to your second? I'm on my second now, warranty good till 5/2018. Can I get a third and cover my bike till 2021?

I blushingly admit I am only on my first original extension, it is good till July of this year, 2013. I have been hoarding money as of late, being careful till momma returns to work, prolly March.
I'm gonna call pete this week, and re-up pro-actively tho.
And yes, you can purchase another one as soon as you get the paperwork from the one you buy, pretty much you can buy them back to back, a week apart.
I might even do that myself. That would cover me till July 2019...I don't foresee ditching my original "new bike" untill it has 200k on it. Dammit, I sold my 86 with 138k, and I want to get a 200k COG sticker for at least one bike...heheheheheheheh 8)

Offline tjpgi

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2013, 06:39:10 PM »
Just got my GTPP card from Kawasaki for my second extended warranty. My 09 that I purchased in Sept.2008 is warranted until Sept. 2017. I have never had anything that had a 9 year warranty for just $678 extra.
2011 GSXR 1000
2009 Concours ABS
1976 KZ900
1991 Sportster XLH 1200

Offline rush2112

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 10:00:31 AM »
Just got ANOTHER notice from Mama-Kawi that I needed to renew my warranty. This is the third one! They actually came down on the price this time, it's only $731.45 for the 3-year GTPP!!!   :o :o

All I can say is, "All hail Richmond Pete"!!!!!!!!!  :hail: :chugbeer: :hail:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 02:06:16 PM »

as of this morning, I am now on my second extension..... 8) ;)  good till 7/7/2016
talked with Pete and he sends us his gratitude for our patronage, we helped make hime the #8 dealership in the whole USA..... ;)

I updated some info on the original sticky page ;)