Author Topic: Omni-Cruise ...... anyone?  (Read 26508 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Omni-Cruise ...... anyone?
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2013, 10:02:47 AM »
Just got to try this piece. Works as advertised and is well made. Actually easier to use than the Throttle Meister.  :thumbs:

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2013, 11:04:38 AM »
I have one on my c10 and actually love it.  (shhhh... don't tell anyone)

I found that by having a throttle rocker on also it makes it MUCH easier to engage and disengage by holding the throttle rocker with my thumb and grabbing the end,  to rotate it, with my pinky and ring finger.

It is a nice piece of equipment and the only one that I'm ever surprised when people tell me they are buying the Omni to replace. Some people say it slips, but I'm don't understand how (mine is solid as a rock), and others have said it didn't work with their grips or heated grips. I don't knock the competition, I believe they all have their place. Personally I think the throttle meister and my omni cruise are the only two I would personally ever use after having used everything in the market except that (AWESOME LOOKING)  break away. I have gone though the "crap mounted to my grip taking up an inch" and will never do it again.
I use the exact same method with my TM, but would love to try your product as well. Looks like a very well made, simple yet effective devise, plus I don't mind supporting a new business. Are you still offering a discount for us Concours guys?

On a side note...You should totally think about going on the ABC show, shark tank, to get some capital to help your new business grow, so you don't have to do it all and work yourself to death. Just a thought  :)
1998 Honda Magna--->Sold | 2003 Yamaha FZ1--->Sold | 2003 Honda VFR800--->Sold | 2010 Honda VFR1200--->Sold | Kawasaki C14--->SOLD | 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000--->Current | 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300ES--->Current

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2013, 12:35:45 PM »
I use the exact same method with my TM, but would love to try your product as well. Looks like a very well made, simple yet effective devise, plus I don't mind supporting a new business. Are you still offering a discount for us Concours guys?

Wondering the same and any other feedback?  Thanks

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2013, 12:42:20 PM »
Someone might reach out to Brian at omni-cruise and see if he would throw one to the forum for a traveling sample like the windshield thread.

Offline WOTdesigns

• maker of OMNI-CRUISE
    • Omni-Cruise Universal Motorcycle Throttle Lock
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2013, 06:53:51 PM »
I did set up a discount for the site, but haven't posted it as I'm going to be back ordered again in a few weeks. The discount is ZGGTR44 and knocks off 12% still with free shipping to US and $5 worldwide.

It would be nice to have a big fat investor but I would rather  only sell 2 a day than give up half of my company to anyone. I should be able to buy a second cnc dedicated just to omni cruise soon and then I will be cracking them out.
Brian Carmicheal
maker of the OMNI-CRUISE universal throttle lock
www.omni-cruise.com  info@omni-cruise.com
ZGGTR discount of 12% available by PM - Response is usually instantish.

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2013, 07:57:02 PM »
I did set up a discount for the site, but haven't posted it as I'm going to be back ordered again in a few weeks. The discount is ZGGTR44 and knocks off 12% still with free shipping to US and $5 worldwide.

It would be nice to have a big fat investor but I would rather  only sell 2 a day than give up half of my company to anyone. I should be able to buy a second cnc dedicated just to omni cruise soon and then I will be cracking them out.
Yeah I don't blame ya. It would be hard to give up everything you've worked soo hard to build, for a big pay day...or not ;) ;D Especially when you have such a passion for it. Good luck with getting that 2nd CNC machine.

Thanks for the discount code, i just put my order in for one. Cant wait to test it out!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 08:30:18 PM by CADMAN97 »
1998 Honda Magna--->Sold | 2003 Yamaha FZ1--->Sold | 2003 Honda VFR800--->Sold | 2010 Honda VFR1200--->Sold | Kawasaki C14--->SOLD | 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000--->Current | 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300ES--->Current

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2013, 08:29:14 PM »
Got the Omni-Cruise today. Thanks for the fast shipping. CA to OH in 3 days, sweet!

Looks like a very well thought out, well designed product. Ill test it out as soon as spring decides to arrive. Yeah first day of spring, 35 with flurries >:( , 25 as i type this  >:( >:(

Offline danl

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2013, 07:41:03 AM »
I just ordered one. I had the Go Cruise, and it snapped the 1st time I tried to remove it from the bike. I like the concept. I don't really want an electronic cruise (unless it came from the factory), this type of throttle lock is perfect for giving your hand a couple minutes of rest every hour or so.

Hopefully this comes fast, I'm leaving from DE to ride to Charleston SC on Tuesday and it'd be great to have it for the trip!

Offline danl

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2013, 07:29:06 AM »
Good news, my Omni Cruise arrive today, what great service from Brian! The install is so simple and it's pretty easy to operate. I experimented with a couple different tension settings and found the sweet spot pretty fast.

Now if it would stop snowing, I might actually get to leave for my trip as scheduled tomorrow. The way it looks now, even if it stops snowing overnight, the roads won't be in good condition tomorrow, so I may end up leaving Wednesday.

Offline WOTdesigns

• maker of OMNI-CRUISE
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2013, 08:01:50 PM »
Glad you like it danl!!

Just a note for everyone: I AM OUT OF STOCK! SO... I knocked 10% off the price and the ZGGTR discount code ZGGTR44 takes an additional 12% off of that price.

I SHOULD BE SHIPPING AGAIN BY APRIL 5th

18 hours a day of machining just isn't enough!  I should have everything machined and tumbled by Sunday and then off to powdercoat and then laser. Great deal for anyone buried in the snow still though  :)
Brian Carmicheal

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2013, 10:54:06 AM »
Haha! Wow, that's awesome! I love seeing small businesses start strong like that. Hope it continues for Ya, Brian!
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline WOTdesigns

• maker of OMNI-CRUISE
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2013, 11:31:17 AM »
Thanks, I think it will. (it better since I quit my job)

The trick will be to get a bigger machine and do batches of a few thousand so its more efficient. I'm still around an hour and fifteen minutes a piece which after material, powder coat, laser, packaging, shipping, electric, tooling, and supplemental machining costs I'm making about what I did just working full time. This is more fun though  8)

After I get back in stock I'm going to add $3 flat s/h too the orders too. I just looked at how much I have paid for "free shipping" since November and got sick.
Brian Carmicheal

Offline PlaynInPeoria

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2013, 02:27:02 PM »
You should totally raise the price to account for shipping.  We pay nearly 14k for a new bike (or 8k for a used bike), we can afford to pay for shipping.  Your price seems fair.

2012 "root beer" C14 - unlinked brakes, reflash, LED headlights, Walmart orange city lights, LOUD horn, Laam seat, radar detector for ahem, reasons.
2013 Aprilia Tuono, 2009 CRF-150F

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2013, 06:17:35 PM »
You should totally raise the price to account for shipping.  We pay nearly 14k for a new bike (or 8k for a used bike), we can afford to pay for shipping.  Your price seems fair.

It is true we are on a rather expensive bike, but he is marketing this to all bike types :)

That said, it is not an unreasonable price.  For a small item like this, the USPS is probably extremely competitive when it is weighed out and shipped regular first class.  Still, shipping can really eat into pricing, especially if the item is heavy or large and shipping prices have gotten higher and higher over the years (mostly due to increases in fuel costs).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2013, 06:20:42 PM »
I would have to agree with this too. Add shipping into the overall price of your product, and then advertise free shipping.

Sounds like you need that 2nd CNC machine sooner than later. I think that's totally cool you quit your job to start your own small business, and do something you really enjoy...good for you!

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2013, 06:30:52 PM »
Here is a question Brian. Do you have any ideas for other stuff? Not asking You to give any secrets away, but just curious.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline WOTdesigns

• maker of OMNI-CRUISE
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2013, 06:31:40 PM »
Time will tell. The response thus far is MUCH better than I ever thought it would be, but I still have a lot of stream lining to do in the machining process to get the time below what I am charging. I just think $59 sounds like a lot, but that or $69 is what I SHOULD be charging based on cost and time, but I figure as long as I keep the middle men out I can afford $49.99.

I might even just add $2 shipping as that is the actual cost through USPS including the 000 padded envelopes in bulk. Adding it to the product would break that magical $50 number... I think that might be worse.
Brian Carmicheal

Offline WOTdesigns

• maker of OMNI-CRUISE
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2013, 06:39:20 PM »
Time will tell. The response thus far is MUCH better than I ever thought it would be, but I still have a lot of stream lining to do in the machining process to get the time below what I am charging. I just think $59 sounds like a lot, but that or $69 is what I SHOULD be charging based on cost and time, but I figure as long as I keep the middle men out I can afford $49.99.

I might even just add $2 shipping as that is the actual cost through USPS including the 000 padded envelopes in bulk. Adding it to the product would break that magical $50 number... I think that might be worse.

I do. I actually have three other projects I was working on when this idea hit me early last year. Most of the others are going to be "cool" add on crap you don't need, but I think every bike should be unique. I figure once I get a good laser and better powder coating set up I can do one off custom stuff fairly cheap and let Omni pay most of the bills.

Other things I have done are not all for bikes; people still email, call and ask for but I don't have time. Like Yakima rack adapter for Chevy avalanche. I made a bulletproof set up for a buddy and he gets requests all the time, but I don't have time to nail everything down to where I would feel safe selling them. That's the other hard part: make 10, get sued, BIG OVERALL LOSS. With something like the Omni I should sell enough to justify product liability and have enough cash on hand to sue the pants, shirts and underwear off the first idiot that tries to violate my patent (currently pending). I already had a guy approach a buddy telling him he was going to copy these until he realized how much machining goes in to them and gave up. That was another reason for keeping them at $50: you would be VERY VERY hard pressed to get 1000 of these at a time made for that. China would probably run $30 or more on 5000 at a time; not a lot of room for profit AND a law suit at that price
Brian Carmicheal

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2013, 06:59:52 PM »
WOT- are you agreeing with yourself in that post?  :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline WOTdesigns

• maker of OMNI-CRUISE
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2013, 07:03:18 PM »
Well... someone has to.  LOL.  Meant to quote:

Here is a question Brian. Do you have any ideas for other stuff? Not asking You to give any secrets away, but just curious.
Brian Carmicheal