Author Topic: CARDIO SCALA G9  (Read 1848 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
CARDIO SCALA G9
« on: January 22, 2013, 04:23:00 PM »
Motorcyclist Mag (Jan 2013) puts the Scala G9 above all the competitors it tested for less cable mess, furthest range, best audio, ability to increase volume automatically with ambient noise, 13 hour battery, etc.  I know there's a lot of threads on this matter, but I think this determines which one is going to be my value-play.

On a side note - need a quiet helmet. Went to see my parts man and friend (that now manages the local BMW dealership parts department) to purchase a Schuberth C3 today. We got as far as measuring. Didn't have my preferred size/color, but a shipment is due in there within a few days
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline DGOLD

Re: CARDIO SCALA G9
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 08:18:23 PM »
I have had good results with my G4 but lost one off my helmet somewhere in the Sierra's. I understand that the new G9 will pair with the G4 and the mount has better functionality but when I looked at it at the Long Beach Ca, bike show it did not seem to be a more secure hold between the mount/helmet and unit. With tax it is close to a $300 investment that may fall off without noticing if shut off. :o

Once you get used to no cords and easy switching between music, phone and intercom one appreciates the quiet when you want. I wish it recieved AM for in city traffic reports.
1995 c10(gone), 2001 c10(passed on to son),
2010 c14(current mistress)

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
Re: CARDIO SCALA G9
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 08:25:29 AM »

Once you get used to no cords and easy switching between music, phone and intercom one appreciates the quiet when you want. I wish it recieved AM for in city traffic reports.

I love my G9. My buddy has the g4 and we paired easily and kept the connection over many different rides. G9 has a bit better sound quality than the G4 when we swapped helmets (both have the same helmet) and my SO will not get on the bike without them.

I have used Cardo products for quite a while now with my cells and found their wind technology to be superior to any other (plantronics, Moto, etc)  BT  and earpiece combo.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt