Author Topic: C14 - Let's play dodge the deer  (Read 12169 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: C14 - Let's play dodge the deer
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2013, 03:10:44 PM »

ZX-11 vs Deer.

Deer was dead, bike was rideable but pretty torn up.

I was just joking about the run them over part, I strongly recommend against this. This guy got caught up under the bike for quite a while, damn near cut it in half.

I'm all about running them over with bikes and cages....   unless one drives a DODGE  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2013, 05:10:58 AM »
I drive a Dodge!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2013, 06:16:29 AM »
I drive a Dodge!

And i'm sure you don't take my posts all too serious by now either
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2013, 06:21:22 AM »
 :)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »
I drive a Dodge!

I don't just drive a Dodge. Crew Cab with the Hemi for me. Got me to Buffalo in spite of deer, ice and blizzard.

I use deer whistles on all vehicles. I dunno if they work but if I forget to put the horseshoe and 4 leaf clover up my backside before I leave they have been there over 450K miles on the last 7 vehicles I have owned for sure and probably a few more before that.

Cheap and in my experience thus far....effective. last deer I came in contact with was in 97 in a 93 Ford Probe Gt....damn thing slid right over the drivers side quarter without leaving a mark, my first experience with ABS. No whistles for the record.

lately I have been cautiously sticking to the interstate and following big vehicles if I am in an area and time of year the deer are running....otherwise all state and US highways for me.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline Conrad

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2013, 09:30:40 AM »
I don't just drive a Dodge. Crew Cab with the Hemi for me. Got me to Buffalo in spite of deer, ice and blizzard.

I use deer whistles on all vehicles. I dunno if they work but if I forget to put the horseshoe and 4 leaf clover up my backside before I leave they have been there over 450K miles on the last 7 vehicles I have owned for sure and probably a few more before that.

Cheap and in my experience thus far....effective. last deer I came in contact with was in 97 in a 93 Ford Probe Gt....damn thing slid right over the drivers side quarter without leaving a mark, my first experience with ABS. No whistles for the record.

lately I have been cautiously sticking to the interstate and following big vehicles if I am in an area and time of year the deer are running....otherwise all state and US highways for me.

If you drive with the horseshoe and 4 leaf clover up your backside does that offer additional protection?    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2013, 09:53:52 AM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2013, 10:58:35 AM »
If a deer was sitting tight in the ditch, would one of these whistles potentialy spook it into action resulting in a suicide attempt?

A spooked deer will (most of the time) go back in a direction in which it came.
If that direction takes it back into the roadway, ummmm.......  ::)
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2013, 11:12:12 AM »
Kind nice deer will jump slam over a bike. Youtube videos galore of it  :D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2013, 11:17:34 AM »
Kind nice deer will jump slam over a bike. Youtube videos galore of it  :D

What do the unkind mean deer do?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2013, 11:43:00 AM »
What do the unkind mean deer do?

crack our bikes up, and some even generate fatality reports I hear

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2013, 04:10:46 PM »
If you drive with the horseshoe and 4 leaf clover up your backside does that offer additional protection?    :o
Kind of a personal ki p ass

Offline Cheesecake

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2013, 06:12:49 PM »
Some jets have been equipped with sharp blades that would protect the windshield of the cockpit by slicing the bird into two separate pieces. The same concept could easily protect motorcycles if you mounted a blade along the front edge of the bike. This would not work on Harley Davidsons, as the speed is too low and they ride too close together. In the future, motorcycles will be equipped with a laser that will slice the deer before you impact it. Unless peta prevents it.
2008 C-14

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2013, 07:50:37 AM »
Some jets have been equipped with sharp blades that would protect the windshield of the cockpit by slicing the bird into two separate pieces. The same concept could easily protect motorcycles if you mounted a blade along the front edge of the bike. This would not work on Harley Davidsons, as the speed is too low and they ride too close together. In the future, motorcycles will be equipped with a laser that will slice the deer before you impact it. Unless peta prevents it.