Author Topic: Electric License Plate for C-14, whelen brake lights  (Read 5447 times)

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
Electric License Plate for C-14, whelen brake lights
« on: December 17, 2012, 02:53:08 PM »
Anyone have one of these???

Just push the button, and down it goes.....push it again....back in position!

If you want to see the most awesome brake lights mounted herein, send me your e mail address for the video...stills just don't do it justice.

Ninja
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 08:37:16 AM by ninjawarrior1400 »
Ninjawarrior

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Electric License Plate for C-14
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 03:07:31 PM »
I use to have manual pull cable ones on my bikes when I was younger, came in handy more than a few times...  ;) ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 03:25:03 PM »
What's the purpose of this?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 03:39:12 PM »

If you have to ask...
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Flathead

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 03:40:23 PM »
I believe the manufacturer claims it as a "place to store a spare key" (or fob in our case) ;)

Offline ninjawarrior1400

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »
Jim...

Am surprised you asked that question.......obviously it is to hide your spare key!

Of course, if you don't have any change on a toll booth.......it could work for you....but everyone uses it to conceal a spare key or a key fob......!  No one would EVER use it to bust a tool booth.........or would they?
Ninjawarrior

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 03:50:28 PM »
Also helpful when performing a stoppie... keeps your plate pointed in the right direction.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 03:52:46 PM »
Jim...

Am surprised you asked that question.......obviously it is to hide your spare key!

Of course, if you don't have any change on a toll booth.......it could work for you....but everyone uses it to conceal a spare key or a key fob......!  No one would EVER use it to bust a tool booth.........or would they?

That thing is obviously illegal when used as intended  :)  If caught using it by a cop, I am sure they would slap all kinds of interesting charges on the person....

But I will say that it is stupid to charge a toll on two wheeled vehicles anyway.  It is a disaster to try and deal with tolls on a bike, when the rider is wearing proper safety equipment.  And the stupid electronic passes are hard to find a place to mount, an invasion of privacy, easy stolen or damaged, and often WAY more expensive for casual use.  Bikes reduce traffic on the road, reduce emissions and gas use, and cause essentially ZERO wear on the road.

Here bikes are allowed to use HOV lanes no matter if 1 rider or two.  Toll-free would be an excellent next step...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 04:27:39 PM »
HOV anywhere in the US if FedGov highway funds were used.  It can only be denied for safety reasons.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline ninjawarrior1400

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2012, 05:18:37 PM »
It was purchased with federal funds...so there should be no issues....was real concerned about that.
Ninjawarrior

Son of Pappy

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 05:23:23 PM »
It was purchased with federal funds...so there should be no issues....was real concerned about that.
???

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 05:49:25 PM »
Yeah, my oh my, what could it be used for?

During prohibition one item available for sale was a 'wine brick', and the instructions said it all: (quoted from Wikipedia) The Volstead Act specifically allowed individual farmers to make certain wines "on the legal fiction that it was a non-intoxicating fruit-juice for home consumption",[82] and many people did so. Enterprising grape farmers produced liquid and semi-solid grape concentrates, often called "wine bricks" or "wine blocks".[83] This demand led California grape growers to increase their land under cultivation by about 700% in the first five years of prohibition. The grape concentrate was sold with a warning: "After dissolving the brick in a gallon of water, do not place the liquid in a jug away in the cupboard for twenty days, because then it would turn into wine."

I think the same instructions could be applied to this moveable license plate..... something like- "Do not use this device to make the license place on your motorcycle from the view of any officials such as law enforcement officers, tax agents or other revenue collectors".

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2012, 06:42:50 PM »
My fob and janitor keys stay with me so I wouldn't use it for that.  I think if you kept a fob in there then someone could start the bike conceivably if all the stars aligned correctly.  Not so sure it would be a farkle that I would use for any reason but what the hey...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline koval68

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2012, 08:56:54 PM »
Anyone have one of these???

Just push the button, and down it goes.....push it again....back in position!

Ninja
Can I have a link to where you got yours from.Thx.
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline crawfcj

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 05:12:40 AM »
I'm interested in the bracket holding the four TIR3 lights.
Charlie

2011 Concours 14, 2012 BMW R1200RT, 2004 BMW R1150RS

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 05:56:43 AM »
Interesting concept.  Thankfully there are no toll roads anywhere near where I live or ride.  I don't even ride on the "Freeways" unless necessary to cross a river or get from one back road to another.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline ninjawarrior1400

Re: Electric License Plate for C-14, whelen brake lights
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 02:54:57 PM »
To order your electric license plate flip down gadget......

www.007LicensePlate.com

$129.00

Chicago, Illinois

Get 10% off today if you ask for it....

Can order one for your car too.....if you feel the need for speed.....

And of course if you want to have tag stealth technology......just spray your tag many coats of:  Photo Blocker.  Makes you invisible to photo cameras, hides your plate from red light cameras.  Denver Police dept did a test two years ago and said it was effective! Per the Washington Post!

So you can fix your Kawa with extra stealth technology and become a true Ninjawarrior!

Ninja
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 04:14:37 PM by ninjawarrior1400 »
Ninjawarrior

Offline Gsun

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »
The new toll crossings don't use a flash.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 08:45:45 AM »
And of course if you want to have tag stealth technology......just spray your tag many coats of:  Photo Blocker.  Makes you invisible to photo cameras, hides your plate from red light cameras.  Denver Police dept did a test two years ago and said it was effective! Per the Washington Post!

Mythbusters showed it was completely ineffective.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 09:04:16 AM »
Sounds like a job for the crash test dummies...