Author Topic: installing Murph's lowering pegs  (Read 1766 times)

Offline wroman

• 2012 C14
installing Murph's lowering pegs
« on: October 23, 2012, 12:41:39 PM »
  I went to install the lowering pegs but could not get the brake rod to detach.  I eventually took a dremel and ground down the rod while on the bike.  I found some pics that motorcyclelarry.com had on his website to install his lowering brackets but my '12 looks a little different.  Any suggestions getting the rod out?  I need to grind a little more and I would prefer to do it off the bike.
I always wanted to be somebody......I guess I should have been more specific.

Offline wroman

• 2012 C14
Re: installing Murph's lowering pegs
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 07:38:19 AM »
  Well the pegs have been installed and I used a dremmel tool and a 1/2 inch grinding wheel to shave down the brake rod with the rod still in place.  I still can take a little more off if I wanted the brake pedal position below the level of where the foot is if placed flat on peg.  As it stands there is plenty of room for the foot.  I have not spent much time with them but seem to allow a more relaxed riding position and it is really noticeable in my hips.  The foot pegs seem to be less 'in the way ' when stopping.  They seem to be a KEEPER.

Offline McJunkie

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 03:07:33 PM »
Not to a smart alleck, but did you loosen the locking nut?

Offline wroman

• 2012 C14
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 03:56:43 PM »
What locking nut?  I loosened the nut that holds the U at the one end of the rod.  On the other end is a rubber boot but did not peal that boot back. My initial frustration is with a product being sold with not good clear instructions on how to install.  If you can provide help in doing so we would all benefit.