Author Topic: Wuss with a V Rod has challenged me...  (Read 17438 times)

Offline ugocon

Re: Wuss with a V Rod has challenged me...
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 11:19:08 AM »
120Hp vs. 155Hp and the V-Rod that is heavier.
Need to say more?  ;)

Anyway, I always thought that the V-Rod is one of the most beautiful bikes ever made: a masterpiece of design.

This doesn't mean that it's good to ride though: how can you accelerate comfortably with your feet forward desperately grabbing the handlebar to resist the acceleration in a armchair sitting position???

It's a shame...   ???
Stand out from the crowd: do not buy a BMW !!!

Offline scav8tor

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 12:53:09 PM »
KawiG: We all seem to know the outcome but let us know how it goes anyway.
Any ship can be a minesweeper once.

Offline stlheadake

• Probably not my smartest day...
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 01:49:25 PM »
Is this for real?  I smell bait....  I saw an episode of Pinks where a guy on a V-rod talked crap to a guy on an OLD (80's) GS1100.   They ran the race, guess who has a new bike?  The V-rod jumped out of the box, the GS was a little slow out of the box.  Once the revs came up, the 'zuke got him by like 4 bikes, it wasn't even close!
What do you call those three wheeled Goldwings?....Chicken Wings

08 C14 WOW what a bike!
00 XR650r Hare Scrambler

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 02:07:35 PM »
  Do like ZG does, get to the water box, get out a bottle of polish, buff her out a bit, and then stage :)

:rotflmao:

....get to the other end first, then stop and repeat polish and buffing.  :D

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2012, 02:21:44 PM »
I beat two seperate VRods with my M109R and that bike was an absolute beast from 0-30, but it seems mighty slow in comparison to my C14. 
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2012, 02:23:02 PM »
:rotflmao:

....get to the other end first, then stop and repeat polish and buffing.  :D

;D ;D ;D   :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2012, 02:44:25 PM »
That V Rod will get you out of the hole its up to you to get him on top end.  WFO

It does have the torque to make a good launch, and seconds later, a STOCK C14 will easily pass by it.  The Vrod has far less horsepower.

I wish I was there to watch him pee himself.  I just can't get over these Harley people sometimes.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Spanky

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »
I wonder what comments are being posted on the V-Rod website about the Wuss on the Jap bike   ;D

Offline KawiG

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »
I told him we should go for a ride this weekend...I have my launch down pretty good so I wont be walking off the line..and from that point  ;)
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 03:38:30 PM »
What painkiller said.  I've seen a triumph speed triple beat a CBR 1100.  Guess which bike had the better rider.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline Conrad

« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 03:50:01 PM »
I wonder what comments are being posted on the V-Rod website about the Wuss on the Jap bike   ;D

The first thing the vrod boys will ask, is the bike black? If it is, you got it man. If not, you can hope the C14 misses a gear. 

Manic Mechanic - ZZ Top
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline KawiG

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 04:09:31 PM »
Hardley evidently fell under the whole silver "Urban Legend" thing too, from the looks of the v rod they REALLY believed it! Too bad my bike is black..it wont show up good in the pictures. If it were Silver...it would probably be easier to get more pics. Seeing how both bikes would be in the shot for a longer period of time. :P
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2012, 06:58:45 PM »
I once was thinking about getting a used V rod , I talked to my next door neighbor who runs a Harley shop , he said REAL HD guys don't like the V Rod, right then and there I thought what was I thinking , I like it's  looks and heard they had respectable power, I did not want to join a ...... whatever.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2012, 09:16:48 PM »
I once was thinking about getting a used V rod , I talked to my next door neighbor who runs a Harley shop , he said REAL HD guys don't like the V Rod, right then and there I thought what was I thinking , I like it's  looks and heard they had respectable power, I did not want to join a ...... whatever.

The major harley dealer here has a huge billboard on the interstate near their store where it proudly says "Your lifestyle headquarters"

Lifestyle?  OMG.  At least they are up-front with exactly what it is all about...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rasmith

• Lenexa KS
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2012, 08:11:28 AM »
I just can't get over these Harley people sometimes.

Couldnt agree more..Most are great people but you get the ate up cloners that made it a moral imperative for me to not own one myself. B-In-law didnt mind it too much when I only owned a Meanstreak that was a cruiser and sort a fit in and was a bit lower in power. Now that I added the Connie to the stable I've been excommunicated from his riding circles..Oops..I kinda wandered there..
Anyway, the V-Rod is the HD Rocket and the haunches get up when there's something in the vincinity that can outrun it.
2012 C14 Candy Arabian Red
2007 Vulcan Meanstreak 1600

Offline katata1100

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2012, 02:16:01 PM »
We just saw the conclusion of "Street Vibrations" in Reno. They call it a motorcycle festival  but it really is an excuse for guys to dress up like pirates and for fat chicks to show off their drooping tramp stamps that they got ten years ago.
Anyhow, local HD shop has a "Hall of Fame" for all bikes that are dynoed there putting out 100hp or more. It has the names and the mods( I think they should just put the $ it cost to take them there).
If my c14 dynoed 100hp, I'd think it might have a disconnected spark plug or is in "limp mode". I think the last bike that I owned with less than 110hp was my old '80 gs 550e, a great commuter bike for a starving student.
Uh, all you real HD guys- wouldn't rather have a bike with more power than a 30 year old rice burner???

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2012, 05:07:17 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXsoAdh5P5g&playnext=1&list=PLE84ED16A6CDF3617&feature=results_video

nice video, it proves what most have been saying: a V2 might get you off the line, and that's it. After 100 yards the HD will have a great view of your rear lights.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2012, 05:20:55 PM »
nice video, it proves what most have been saying: a V2 might get you off the line, and that's it. After 100 yards the HD will have a great view of your rear lights.

I think it also shows the danger and stupidity of performing such "racing" on active public streets.

Offline DenverC-14

« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2012, 05:24:34 PM »
V twins, in the right configuration, have the ability to make some decent power, but it comes at very high revs, compared to the typical cruiser motor.  Ducati and KTM make some good power with their motors. My SV1000s makes ok power (103.5 whp), but not nearly as much as my connie.