3 (8.6%)
I ONLY WASH IT WHEN ITS REALLY DIRTY
22 (62.9%)
I NEVER WASH MY BIKE
1 (2.9%)
I WASH OFTEN AND I POLISH MY BIKE
4 (11.4%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: pure water  (Read 14484 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: pure water
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 03:43:59 PM »
If you have condensate coming out of drain tube, it ain't normal.  I've never seen it on my bike in nearly 5 years of ownership with riding in rain storms and washing it once a year whether it needed it or not.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2012, 04:12:58 PM »
I've never washed my wheels, I'm trying  to get them to look like ZG's 8) 8)
No I forgot when I changed my tires they were washed DAMM.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 04:39:40 PM »
I've never washed my wheels, I'm trying  to get them to look like ZG's 8) 8)

:rotflmao: :thumbs: :chugbeer:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 04:41:51 AM »
Good news dear friends, I was at the Kawasaki dealer today, getting the factory recall done with that little piece in breaking, and had the bike checked...No sign of even a drop of water, no leaks, no oil drips...Every fluid level is just right, all the colors are also nice....Service tech was telling me, after washing this specific bike it is normal to see some water coming on to floor after even a week or two, he was pointing out all the intakes intakes and places where water might drip and sit, and then finally find its way to floor....

To answer the question about the engine temp. it is usually on the second level to third level within city, rarely on fourth level, and when it reaches to fourth level the fan does come on.

Thank you all for your knowledgeable responses.

To me those temp readings sound normal.

As for water still dripping off the bike a week or two after you wash it? That sounds pretty dubious.

Unlike Jim, some of us like to ride a clean bike and when I wash mine I always take it for a short spirited ride afterwards to dry her off and keep the rust off the disks. I've been known to have a beer or three while I wash my bike and if that's the case, I use my electric leaf blower to dry Connie off instead of a ride. 

Be sure to pull the seat off after you wash and get the tank dried off under the seat area. Some folks have had issues with rust in the area where the seat mounting tangs are.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jtk1531

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 08:03:34 AM »
start up the engine after washing the bike, warm it up till operating temp. helps evaporate off any water that's trapped around the engine area. i wait till i see steam condensing on the windshield before shutting it off.

i've had corrosion inside spark plug holes (in previous bikes), probably because of water getting in there through washing.

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 08:45:08 AM »
I vote for condensation dropping from the air conditioner condenser.   I'm sure there's one under that plastic..somewhere.

Seriously, after a  humid days riding, I'll get mystery water from my c14 as well.

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 08:45:18 AM »
Maybe a few hours, but water isn't going to be retained in the fairings for a few days.  No way.  Especially if you've ridden it afterwards.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 09:12:29 AM »
I vote for condensation dropping from the air conditioner condenser.   I'm sure there's one under that plastic..somewhere.

Seriously, after a  humid days riding, I'll get mystery water from my c14 as well.

Maybe he has that secret AC option?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 10:03:45 AM »
Maybe he has that secret AC option?
That's not coming out til 2014, along with the secret cruise control option.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 11:09:03 AM »
I am just glad I figured out the potential culprit many posts ago. ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Conrad

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 11:11:09 AM »

Well done Poke, I'm all out of cookies. How's about a beer?   

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 11:13:50 AM »
I'm well stocked with cookies.   Have a cookie, Poke.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2012, 11:14:48 AM »
Well done Poke, I'm all out of cookies. How's about a beer?

I like the good stuff, so don't be a cheap ass please. Come visit the Buckeye state sometime, I will introduce you to some roads that your state is sorely lacking. :chugbeer:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »
I'm well stocked with cookies.   Have a cookie, Poke.

Are they homemade?
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2012, 11:20:00 AM »
Yeah but his guinea pig got loose and those things ain't chocolate chips.

:o

Brian

Are they homemade?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2012, 11:21:40 AM »
Great job! Hey, I got this spot that won't go away.... I will send you a photo and I want you to let me know what it is. The photo is a little dark 'cause there isn't much light shining on the spot so you might have to squint a little....

;D ;D ;D

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2012, 11:23:09 AM »
Great job! Hey, I got this spot that won't go away.... I will send you a photo and I want you to let me know what it is. The photo is a little dark 'cause there isn't much light shining on the spot so you might have to squint a little....

;D ;D ;D

Brian

I have no desire to see any of your birthmarks.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2012, 11:29:19 AM »
Who said anything about a birthmark? Go read that post again Brian.....

:o ;D ;D

Brian

I have no desire to see any of your birthmarks.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2012, 11:38:38 AM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2012, 11:39:42 AM »

I like the good stuff, so don't be a cheap ass please. Come visit the Buckeye state sometime, I will introduce you to some roads that your state is sorely lacking. :chugbeer:

No worries there Pokey, I like the good stuff too. You're right about the roads here, most of em anyways.