Author Topic: Angel Eye Halo Eye HID Projector HID Light MT5D 55W Super Bright  (Read 5571 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
Re: Angel Eye Halo Eye HID Projector HID Light MT5D 55W Super Bright
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 10:03:00 AM »
They are cool, but not $230 worth of cool  :o

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 10:05:05 AM »
They are cool, but not $230 worth of cool  :o

Says you can get either red or blue demon eyes... The red ones would look like the terminator.  8)

Offline OregonLAN

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 12:38:43 PM »
I don't care for it.

FWIW, it's really easy to add LEDs to a headlamp Assy. Each LED is ~1.5v, so you can wire 8 in a series with a 12v capacitor and connect it directly to a 12V source. The capacitor helps maintain a steady power source so they don't flicker.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2012, 01:11:28 PM »
I don't care for it.

FWIW, it's really easy to add LEDs to a headlamp Assy. Each LED is ~1.5v, so you can wire 8 in a series with a 12v capacitor and connect it directly to a 12V source. The capacitor helps maintain a steady power source so they don't flicker.

wouldn't the cap have to be wired in parallel while the LEDs are in series?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2012, 03:27:44 PM »
Well, it is kinda' for a C-14 or any other bike with a modern headlight bucket. Those lights are not entire headlight assemblies but rather the raw components that you <could>  fit into a C-14 headlight bucket.... after you heated the assembly up and pried the lens off and got to whittlin' inside the headlight bucket. Same thing for the string of LEDs- you could mount them wherever you wanted to once you have the headlight ass'y opened up.

I believe those projectors mount where the original H4 lamps would mount in the reflectors of the vehicle and if so, that is good and bad news. The good news is that it is far easier to mount them that way than it is to fit random projectors in headlight housings. The bad news is that the projector is a lot of weight and that weight is placed well forward of a normal H4 lamp and the combination of those things would put a lot of strain on the bulb mounting flange in my opinion. Also, somewhere along the line the headlight bucket would need a hole punched in it for the solenoid by the looks- not a deal- killer but again, this thing is neither 'Plug 'N Play' or particularly straightforward to install. again in my opinion.

Brian

Hmmm.... I've never seen these before on a C14, but just saw these listed on ebay and it says they're for a C14.  :-\

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-Angel-Eye-Halo-Eye-HID-Projector-HID-Light-MT5D-55W-Super-Bright-/221127163009?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AConcours%7CSubmodel%3A14&hash=item337c34bc81&vxp=mtr
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 03:44:40 PM »
I think there is something about having red lights on the front of a non-emergency vechicle. I don't remember what it was. I'll have to ask a cop.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 03:56:24 PM »
I think there is something about having red lights on the front of a non-emergency vechicle. I don't remember what it was. I'll have to ask a cop.

Yeah, it is the same something about having blue, purple, or green, either......  it is called "illegality" (and potentially unsafe, too).  But that doesn't seem to phase a lot of people (and enforcement seems really hit-and-miss).  Front can have only white and yellow lights.  Rear only red (except for full-time white license plate, momentary white backup lights, and momentary yellow turn signals).

I totally agree with Brian's post, above.  I am also curious as to what one would have to go through to replace the bulb when it burns out.

I wonder if there would ever be a market for a full plug-and-play Concours projector headlight ASSEMBLY?  I bet it would be really expensive.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 04:01:40 PM »

It's only an issue if you operate the vehicle on public roads with them on... but yes, red and blue are severely frowned upon by most LEOs. But it could look cool at a bike show with all the other Hyabusa's!

These would be more interesting to me if I could see these installed on a C-14, or find a manufacturer site that says they fit C14 (not just an ebay listing). I could care less about the halos, but the projectors and LED's are intriguing.

I'm also tracking BDF's thread on his conversion effort.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 04:45:25 PM »
These would be more interesting to me if I could see these installed on a C-14, or find a manufacturer site that says they fit C14 (not just an ebay listing).

See this thread:  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=10248  The seller specifically lists Concours 14. but no photos.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 04:58:58 PM »
See this thread:  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=10248  The seller specifically lists Concours 14. but no photos.

Still no manufacturer listed... so my concern stands.

But now I have a second thread to follow for install updates.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline OregonLAN

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 05:03:22 PM »

wouldn't the cap have to be wired in parallel while the LEDs are in series?

Yes. The capacitor would be part of the LED series, but it would be wired in parallel to the power source.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »
Follow those links all the way to the sales source and read the bullets on the 'kit'- it comes with adapters for H4, 9006, etc., etc. Again, it is a really short- sheet way of mounting projectors in a reflector bucket. But it does include some outstanding verbage.... I believe the base language is Chinglish: "In the middle of high beam shadow, there is a focusing block which can provide brighter and further irradiating distance." I couldn't make that up even if I tried.

Brian

It's only an issue if you operate the vehicle on public roads with them on... but yes, red and blue are severely frowned upon by most LEOs. But it could look cool at a bike show with all the other Hyabusa's!

These would be more interesting to me if I could see these installed on a C-14, or find a manufacturer site that says they fit C14 (not just an ebay listing). I could care less about the halos, but the projectors and LED's are intriguing.

I'm also tracking BDF's thread on his conversion effort.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 05:23:57 PM »
I don't know, it sounds like engineerspeak to me.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 05:38:06 PM »
Nah, engineers are usually pretty careful where and how they use the word 'irradiate' and would never, ever apply it to vehicle lighting.

Brian

I don't know, it sounds like engineerspeak to me.