Author Topic: connie insurance  (Read 30010 times)

Offline Rocket Therapy

connie insurance
« on: September 05, 2012, 12:27:58 PM »
At the present I'm paying 220 dollars a year for the O 7 Triumph
Rocket 3 full coverage. Geico wants for 440 a year for the connie
 they said because it's a "sports" bike I tried to convince them it would a "touring" bike but they wouldn't go for it. I know the rocket is older but I didn't expect that much. I know some of you younger guys are probably paying more than that but I'm 50 + with a clean record. Does that sound reasonable to you "more experienced gents"

Offline PH14

Re: connie insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 12:30:35 PM »
If you have State Farm for your auto, go with them, it will be much cheaper. They won't insure your bike though unless you have car insurance with them.

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 12:57:10 PM »
I know State Farm has the bike classified as "sport touring" on my policy, and not in with sport bikes.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 12:58:22 PM »
I just switched my C14 Motorcycle insurance from State Farm to Progressive at lunch today. And I've been an advocate of State Farm forever. Only my motorcycle got changed, not my other vehicles nor pro camera gear.

If in FL it will be very worthwhile to look into it.  I bought mine from the agent at:  eurocyclesoftampabay.com
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline RED121572

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 01:10:04 PM »
www.rider.com (only available in selected states, though)  I pay $160.00 a year to fully cover the FJR.  ;D
06' FJR1300
--------------
"Something is not quite stirring the kool-aid"
-IBA 47245-

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 01:21:04 PM »
I switched my bikes over from State Farm to Progressive last Friday, I had our house, RV, cars, and bikes all with State Farm but I wanted to add addition coverage for accessories and State Farm does not offer that...

I'm really pleased with what I got from Progressive, for $560/yr I have my Gixxer (+ $5k in accessory coverage, which I didn't have with SF) and my Connie (+$15k in accessory coverage) and road side and trip coverage for both (which I didn't have with SF). I was paying $510/yr with SF for just the insurance and no road side assistance or any accessory coverage.

Trust me guys, if you have accessories on your bike make sure to add the additional coverage for them (also includes helmet, gear, etc), otherwise you run the risk of only getting straight up stock book value if your ride gets jacked or totalled...

Thanks to Loren for showing me the way!  :thumbs: :hail: :grouphug: :chugbeer:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 01:37:16 PM »
I've had all my stuff with State Farm for YEARS. When I got my C14 I just went with them without looking around. After a year I checked into other companies because of a thread like this. I ended up switching from State Farm ~$400/year to Allstate ~$200/year for slightly better coverage.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline seajay

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 01:45:22 PM »
I've got the C14 and the wife's ride at Progressive for a total of $424 after all discounts. Since I'm not ZG, I think I should be fine with the $3000 accessory coverage that's included.   ;D
09 C14 ABS, Black

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 02:43:55 PM »
I've had all my stuff with State Farm for YEARS. When I got my C14 I just went with them without looking around. After a year I checked into other companies because of a thread like this. I ended up switching from State Farm ~$400/year to Allstate ~$200/year for slightly better coverage.

I went the opposite direction... Allstate couldn't touch what SF offered... and I had been with Allstate since I was 16. But, I didn't shop much when I went to SF, so I think it's time to make them work for my business.

I think individual agents have some discretion on what they can offer, otherwise my experience and Conrad's would be more similar, and not the complete opposite.

FYI, no accidents or violations when I switched, and I have multi-vehicle and renters.
2011 Concours 14 ABS

Offline Rocket Therapy

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 02:45:03 PM »
www.rider.com (only available in selected states, though)  I pay $160.00 a year to fully cover the FJR.  ;D

Riders Ins, just  quoted , lowest  197.00, and little better than  what i have now with geico, 286.00   and geico wants 440.00????

Offline PH14

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 03:14:26 PM »
I've been loyal to State Farm for bikes since they didn't surcharge sport bikes. My RC51 and my ZX1000R were both simply classified by their displacement. My C14 is only $264 per year with them. Full coverage.

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 03:17:08 PM »
I've been loyal to State Farm for bikes since they didn't surcharge sport bikes. My RC51 and my ZX1000R were both simply classified by their displacement. My C14 is only $264 per year with them. Full coverage.

And mine is about double that... still SF, still full coverage (no violations). That's why I figure there's individual discretion from agent to agent.
2011 Concours 14 ABS

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 03:17:46 PM »

But no accessories coverage P, you'll only get straight up book value in a total loss...

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »
I just checked out Rider Insurance but they are not get available in VA.  Bummer

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 03:31:07 PM »
At the present I'm paying 220 dollars a year for the O 7 Triumph
Rocket 3 full coverage. Geico wants for 440 a year for the connie
 they said because it's a "sports" bike I tried to convince them it would a "touring" bike but they wouldn't go for it. I know the rocket is older but I didn't expect that much. I know some of you younger guys are probably paying more than that but I'm 50 + with a clean record. Does that sound reasonable to you "more experienced gents"

$220 was probably too low.  But $440 is too high.  You don't describe the insurances, your location, or even your bike year, so it is hard for anyone here to compare.

2011 C14, I pay $362 with State Farm Virginia, no record, no accidents; deductibles: $250 collision, $100 other than collision; $100,000/$300,000 liability, $50,000 property.

I don't think it is a GREAT rate, but it is not bad for *good quality* insurance.   Things like "Rider Insurance" might be cheap, but I have never heard of them and have no idea about their coverage, policies, customer service, or quality (not available here anyway).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 03:32:46 PM »
I went the opposite direction... Allstate couldn't touch what SF offered... and I had been with Allstate since I was 16. But, I didn't shop much when I went to SF, so I think it's time to make them work for my business.

I think individual agents have some discretion on what they can offer, otherwise my experience and Conrad's would be more similar, and not the complete opposite.

FYI, no accidents or violations when I switched, and I have multi-vehicle and renters.

It must be different from state to state. My State Farm agent admitted to me that he was surprised that I insured my bike through him. In Illinois they don't offer any discounts for bikes, or didn't then. While Allstate offered me all kinds of discounts, from ABS to taking rider's courses.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 03:33:33 PM »
for the progressive guys, if you don't already, check into the additional towing or something rider policy. its super cheap. also if you skip it off the cliff, it covers fishing and transportation,  ;D.  like roadside assistance.

wish i was smarter and could remember what it was, lol

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 03:33:38 PM »

That is a REALLY low rate for State Farm.  Your bike is several years older than mine, though.  But still.  Makes me wonder what's going on.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 03:38:23 PM »
for the progressive guys, if you don't already, check into the additional towing or something rider policy. its super cheap. also if you skip it off the cliff, it covers fishing and transportation,  ;D .  like roadside assistance.

wish i was smarter and could remember what it was, lol

Yep, I got that. It's $10/yr for the roadside assistance/tow or $15/yr for road side assistance/tow/trip ("trip" is if you're more than 100 miles from home they will credit you back for up to $500 for food, lodging, etc while you wait for any needed parts to arrive)...  :)

Offline Barry

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 03:47:57 PM »
I have Progressive.  I wanna' say I was paying something like $480/year for the C14.  Interesting, Progressive covers ALL accessories on the bike.  They told me that when I was addressing a claim for damages (bike fell over).

Another thing, I got a 06 KTM 525 EXC that I needed to add to my policy (going from 1 street bike to 2).  So I ask them, what is multi bike discount, and what is cost to insure KTM???

The increase on the policy to cover the KTM was like $75, the multi bike discount was like $85.  So Progressive is paying me $10/yr to cover my KTM.

NICE.

Barry
Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Area P full exhaust, PC-V, Autotune, filter, flys out.