Author Topic: New [projector] headlights retrofit  (Read 40175 times)

Offline RBX QB

Re: New headlights retrofit
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2012, 10:35:55 AM »
... but I was hoping to install it in the bike and remove it a few times during the aligning of the auxiliary lights. ...

You could always ride with no plastics like MGValerio was doing! Makes it easy to find your bike in a parking lot.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline Kapernicus

« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2012, 09:17:02 AM »
Any update on this project?  :)

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2012, 09:26:39 AM »
Think the battery on the tractor went dead in all the cold.
Ninjawarrior

Offline TR34

• Today is today. Tomorrow is an another day.
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2012, 02:06:30 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking the same. Did you quit on your project Brian?.
2009 Concours. Area P. Slip on, Flies out, PC V, Quick shifter.
Dual Muzzy someday!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2012, 04:14:56 PM »
Nope, Tractor battery is good.  ;D

I have not touched the headlights in weeks now. The rest of life is getting in the way. I have not abandoned the project though and will get started on it again once some other stuff is done.

Brian

Think the battery on the tractor went dead in all the cold.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Did you quit on your project Brian?.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline TR34

• Today is today. Tomorrow is an another day.
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2012, 06:37:37 PM »
Thanks for not quitting on your project Brian.  Have a happy holidays.
2009 Concours. Area P. Slip on, Flies out, PC V, Quick shifter.
Dual Muzzy someday!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2012, 08:23:21 AM »
Thanks for not quitting on your project Brian.  Have a happy holidays.

Yep, I am still looking forward to seeing the outcome.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2013, 05:48:50 AM »
Bumpity bump!! Any progress mate?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2013, 09:19:40 AM »
Unfortunately, no. The housing sits waiting for a decision and installation of the LEDs :-(

Brian

Bumpity bump!! Any progress mate?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2013, 02:03:33 AM »
Unfortunately, no. The housing sits waiting for a decision and installation of the LEDs :-(

Brian

Thanks Brian, will patiently await further developments!!  ;)

Quinton

Offline BlkBird

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2013, 09:09:28 PM »
Nice project Brian, good luck with the final decisions for LED placement.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2013, 11:23:19 PM »
Whelp, Brian, what say yee?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2013, 06:15:46 AM »
Headlights sitting quietly. Working on web site to flesh out other product explanations, usage, etc.

That said, I am looking at some new and really bright Angel eyes (the white rings around the headlight) as DRL's and possibly turn signal lights. If I can find any in  the right diameter.

Brian

Whelp, Brian, what say yee?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #73 on: September 10, 2013, 03:58:32 PM »
Headlights sitting quietly. Working on web site to flesh out other product explanations, usage, etc.

That said, I am looking at some new and really bright Angel eyes (the white rings around the headlight) as DRL's and possibly turn signal lights. If I can find any in  the right diameter

You have waited so long with your Infiniti G lights that you might have noticed the new Q now uses LED (how the hell are they doing THAT?)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2013, 04:55:12 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2013, 10:22:42 AM »

That said, I am looking at some new and really bright Angel eyes (the white rings around the headlight) as DRL's and possibly turn signal lights. If I can find any in  the right diameter.

Brian

Dammit Brian (and those who keep bumping this post), now you have me wanting this again... http://eshop.ktautopart.com/kawasaki-concours-14-1400gtr-custom-headlight-2008-2012.html

Check out these Angel Eye options... http://www.amazon.com/Kawasaki-97-99-00-01-03-05-07-08-09-10-11-12-13-CCFL-Halo-Eyes/dp/B00CS750FS
2011 Concours 14 ABS

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2013, 01:15:03 PM »
Hey, it's only money, right? Just think how cool your bike would look with a set of those things up front....

I have no idea what they are using for optics or light materials but I bet it is aftermarket (read: Chinese 'close enough' stuff) and no one's OEM. Not sure what they are using for housings either although it would make sense that they are getting OEM housings from somewhere because conjuring those up, even cheap and junky copies, would be a LOT of work and takes lots of tooling. It would be great to see a set before you actually owned them, including the light pattern they produce. Quality lighting is usually not cheap.

Brian

Dammit Brian (and those who keep bumping this post), now you have me wanting this again... http://eshop.ktautopart.com/kawasaki-concours-14-1400gtr-custom-headlight-2008-2012.html

Check out these Angel Eye options... http://www.amazon.com/Kawasaki-97-99-00-01-03-05-07-08-09-10-11-12-13-CCFL-Halo-Eyes/dp/B00CS750FS

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2013, 02:33:43 PM »
Hey, it's only money, right? Just think how cool your bike would look with a set of those things up front....

I have no idea what they are using for optics or light materials but I bet it is aftermarket (read: Chinese 'close enough' stuff) and no one's OEM. Not sure what they are using for housings either although it would make sense that they are getting OEM housings from somewhere because conjuring those up, even cheap and junky copies, would be a LOT of work and takes lots of tooling. It would be great to see a set before you actually owned them, including the light pattern they produce. Quality lighting is usually not cheap.

Brian

Exactly. I'm hoping someone with too much money decides to test this thing for us... ZG?
2011 Concours 14 ABS

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2013, 02:50:15 PM »
<psssst- tell him you heard they are black and he might go for it>

Brian

Exactly. I'm hoping someone with too much money decides to test this thing for us... ZG?

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2013, 04:40:35 PM »
<psssst- tell him you heard they are black GREEN and he might go for it>

Brian

Fixed it for you..
2011 Concours 14 ABS