Author Topic: Modified my saddlebags, not in a good way  (Read 13080 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Modified my saddlebags, not in a good way
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2015, 03:18:46 PM »
Mine neither. But I simply grab the inseam of my pants and safely cross the foot over the seat without touching anything. Zero seat or bag scuffs that way ;).

Yes, I have also done it that way- lift my right leg by grabbing the pant leg.  Sounds strange, but it works!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2015, 05:33:55 PM »
I kick my leg over facing the bike too, but sometimes catch the seat. It's a Corbin with glove leather, and I worry about scuffing it up. I just can't win. ::)
The grass isn't always greener.

sailor_chic

« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2015, 06:00:18 PM »
I kick my leg over facing the bike too, but sometimes catch the seat. It's a Corbin with glove leather, and I worry about scuffing it up. I just can't win. ::)

And it sounds like a mix of shoe leather added in for effects!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2015, 06:51:14 AM »

I know exactly what you mean but now after 5 years and 55,000 miles the side case is scuffed and to a lesser extent my Corbin seat. So I no longer worry about it and just ride.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2015, 08:56:33 AM »
Rodger that.

Good one, Chic. 8)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2015, 09:00:51 AM »
Rock chips, scuffs, and dings are part of the aging process for a well used motorcycle. I didn't want the Prom Queen in high school and I don't want one now. Just sayin'...
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline AZ-ZG

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2015, 06:55:22 PM »

Rock chips, scuffs, and dings are part of the aging process for a well used motorcycle. I didn't want the Prom Queen in high school and I don't want one now. Just sayin'...

I got the prom queen!  Her name is Dirty Grrrl, 2009, and we've been together since I took her off the showroom floor, 11/2010   8)

Ain't ashamed of the scuffs, nicks, or the bug guts that have become part of the paint!!    8)

If I can slow her down long enough for a bath she *usually* stays and lets me soothe her scuffs and smear comforting carnauba wax all over.    :)

I live. I ride. I am. ZG14 
IBA#53928

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2015, 09:07:22 PM »
Someone brought up Line-x for the top of the cases, anyone try this route? I saw a few pictures of a Goldwing done up with Line-X around the bottom of the bike and front of the bags and it matched the paint pretty darn close. I don't know if they could do something that would get close enough to the Arabian Candy Red though.
Jarrod
Boone NC
2012 Concours, 2000 Vmax, 2003 XT225

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2015, 09:25:26 AM »
Welcome to the forum Jrod!

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2015, 04:10:05 PM »
A newbie! 8)

I've never heard of them doing anything but bed liners.

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2015, 04:29:33 PM »
>>>SNIP<<< Short of replacing the cases, any easy and effective way to fix these scuffs? Thanks, Matt

Might look on e-bay for replacement lids such as this one: http://goo.gl/rCAs8A
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline Jrodizzle07

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2015, 01:17:23 PM »
Thanks for the welcome guys. Line-x will do a whole lot more than just bed liners though, pretty much anything you take in they will spray if it's plausible. Check out some of the stuff online. I've personally always wanted to just have my whole truck sprayed and say screw you rocks! LOL
Jarrod
Boone NC
2012 Concours, 2000 Vmax, 2003 XT225