Author Topic: auxillary mirrrors ? anyone using?  (Read 10139 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: auxillary mirrrors ? anyone using?
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2012, 04:52:49 AM »

Spot mirrors should be to the very most left of mirror. ;)

No they shouldn't. The very left most part of the left mirror (and right most part of the right mirror) are actually useful. The locations where I placed my spot mirrors are normally filled with a reflection of my side bags. I know how those look, don't need to see them in my mirrors.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline leyenda30

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2012, 06:17:51 AM »
Well it's nice to see the bags when they fall off.  ;))
08 Kawasaki Concours
05 Honda VTX
07 Husky SM610 sold

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 07:51:40 AM »
No they shouldn't. The very left most part of the left mirror (and right most part of the right mirror) are actually useful.

I basicilly agree, but I placed mine in the upper inner corners.
Then again, my bike is a 2010 and newer one. So the bag viewing wasn't an issue.
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2012, 07:59:37 AM »
Well it's nice to see the bags when they fall off.  ;))

Trudat.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2012, 08:00:58 AM »
I basicilly agree, but I placed mine in the upper inner corners.
Then again, my bike is a 2010 and newer one. So the bag viewing wasn't an issue.

Those lil convex mirrors that I have are adjustable. In their location I can see my blind spots perfectly.

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 08:40:24 AM »
I have no problem with the visibility of the mirrors, I have a problem with them being too WIDE!!!!

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 08:58:22 AM »
I have no problem with the visibility of the mirrors, I have a problem with them being too WIDE!!!!

That's to protect the shiny bar end weights that some have.  ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 09:03:03 AM »
That's to protect the shiny bar end weights that some have.  ;)

:battle:

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 09:51:41 AM »
Those lil convex mirrors that I have are adjustable. In their location I can see my blind spots perfectly.

Mine are too! It was that just that the inner and upper location worked the best for me. If I were on an 08/09, I most likely would have located them at the same spot as you.
The Pope

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Bert

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2012, 09:54:34 AM »
i like my views. No blind spots. Wide angles on the top view and adjust spots to see cars in the lanes beside me.

That looks pretty slick.  Do you have pictures from the front so we can see the back side of the mirrors?

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2012, 10:36:24 AM »

That looks pretty slick.  Do you have pictures from the front so we can see the back side of the mirrors?

AHhhhhh...that is the back side.  ::)

(sorry Bert, but you left the door open, so I just...see Conrad's post above.)

The front side is black, curved/convex, and on my bike usually covered in dried bug guts.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2012, 01:02:28 PM »
The stock mirrors on my '08 work well for me other than the blind spots on either side of me. Not really a fault of the mirrors. I added a set of wide- angle mirrors to the tops of my stock mirrors and they work very well- I can see cars next to me with my peripheral vision and in the mirrors at the same time (no more blind spot).

I originally bought them at Pep Boys for something like $6 but have not seen them is a long time now; a gentleman I know in CT wanted a set and I have stopped by the store several times since he asked where I got mine and have not seen them since I purchased mine.

Brian

I can't stand these mirrors on my 09 . Anyone found something else that works ? I'm thinking of trying some sort of bar end mirror possibly . Anything has got to help , thanks
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2012, 04:46:18 PM »
In response .....If you dont mind the bugs I can leave work and go home and take a set...otherwise gonna have to wait till I get a chance to slow down and warsh it..as we Hoosier born folk say it.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2012, 05:04:16 PM »
No they shouldn't. The very left most part of the left mirror (and right most part of the right mirror) are actually useful. The locations where I placed my spot mirrors are normally filled with a reflection of my side bags. I know how those look, don't need to see them in my mirrors.

I said it totally wrong.....meant to say the very outside top of each mirror works best, not the inside bottom. But hey if it works for you that is all that matters, maybe give it a try the other way for comparison sometime. :)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2012, 03:56:56 AM »

I said it totally wrong.....meant to say the very outside top of each mirror works best, not the inside bottom. But hey if it works for you that is all that matters, maybe give it a try the other way for comparison sometime. :)

I've tried them on the outside edges (where IMHO it will cover up usable rearward OEM mirror visibility) of the mirrors and several other locations on the mirrors as well. For "me", the inside and upper edge works the best. In that location prior to installing the auxillary mirrors I would only be seeing my hands on the grips (not something that I felt was usefull to be vewing as I ride). That's why I located my auxillary mirrors in the location that I did.

Different riders will view their mirrors differently, so to each their own. I'd suggest that each rider should locate auxillary mirrors in a spot that will provide them usable rearword viewing without reducing the usable view of the OEM mirrors.
The Pope

Offline Conrad

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2012, 05:23:40 AM »

No doubt that the spot mirrors would work best stuck to the outsides of the mirrors but as I said, and The Pope also, that's usable mirror real estate and I don't want to cover that up. If I ever take the spots off for some reason I'll stick em on the upper insides.

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2012, 08:06:18 AM »
pics

2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline Bert

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2012, 08:38:36 AM »
I'm really impressed with that mirror installation, very professional.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2012, 01:48:54 PM »
I agree- Kawasaki made the mirrors on the C-14 look as though they were designed for the bike. Oh wait, were you talking about the aux. mirrors?

;D

Brian

I'm really impressed with that mirror installation, very professional.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2012, 04:29:02 PM »
No doubt that the spot mirrors would work best stuck to the outsides of the mirrors but as I said, and The Pope also, that's usable mirror real estate and I don't want to cover that up. If I ever take the spots off for some reason I'll stick em on the upper insides.

That makes sense too. ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey