Author Topic: Just pulled the trigger on an Ohlins for my Connie!  (Read 10071 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Just pulled the trigger on an Ohlins for my Connie!
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2012, 04:52:02 AM »
I expect a full writeup tomorrow so you better get to wrenching tonight!   ;D

:rotflmao:

That shock is SO pretty Jay!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Fretka

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2012, 10:38:13 AM »
The spring Dan chose for you is 120 kg. The bike is heavy but you are relatively light and I was curious what spring rate he would choose.

If anyone else ends up modifying or replacing their rear shock this will give them a good guess as to what spring they will need......Thanx much.

Funny thing about Ohlins.... if you have never ridden a bike with them, life is fine...... but once you do, you'll never go back!  Congrats again!

BTW.... you'll need to do quite a bit of tuning to these suspension bits to get the ride qualities that you prefer.
Now is a good time to start thinking about what kind of "ride" you want, ie; soft/compliant initial compression for small bumps but still controlled further into the travel, where and how fast you ride etc...
When you purchase Ohlins, you essentially purchase a huge range of adjustability (with the added benefit of longer tire life as well).
Time to make friends with someone who knows suspension setup!
Wretched excess visited upon an innocent C-14

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2012, 03:06:41 PM »
The spring Dan chose for you is 120 kg. The bike is heavy but you are relatively light and I was curious what spring rate he would choose.

If anyone else ends up modifying or replacing their rear shock this will give them a good guess as to what spring they will need......Thanx much.

Funny thing about Ohlins.... if you have never ridden a bike with them, life is fine...... but once you do, you'll never go back!  Congrats again!

BTW.... you'll need to do quite a bit of tuning to these suspension bits to get the ride qualities that you prefer.
Now is a good time to start thinking about what kind of "ride" you want, ie; soft/compliant initial compression for small bumps but still controlled further into the travel, where and how fast you ride etc...
When you purchase Ohlins, you essentially purchase a huge range of adjustability (with the added benefit of longer tire life as well).
Time to make friends with someone who knows suspension setup!

True indeed F, and yes I have a great suspension guy, he's one of the best in the PNW!  :)

That shock is SO pretty Jay!

Thanks C!  :)