Author Topic: A post-Supreme Court guide to the health care law  (Read 2995 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: A post-Supreme Court guide to the health care law
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 03:12:49 PM »
Thanks!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 04:09:09 PM »
Thanks!

You might temper that rose colored piece with a few others... here's one.

http://www.cato.org/pubs/wtpapers/BadMedicineWP.pdf

`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 08:53:21 AM »
Mal, what insurance do you carry? What is your rough estimated premium? I am curious.

2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 09:24:51 AM »
You might temper that rose colored piece with a few others... here's one.

http://www.cato.org/pubs/wtpapers/BadMedicineWP.pdf

The Cato Institute is a Libertarian think tank.  I personally take all of these 'reports' with a grain of salt, including this one.  The truth is somewhere in between what the conservatives and the liberals espouse.  I do want to thank you for another viewpoint on the subject, though.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 10:16:15 AM »
The Cato Institute is a Libertarian think tank.  I personally take all of these 'reports' with a grain of salt, including this one.  The truth is somewhere in between what the conservatives and the liberals espouse.  I do want to thank you for another viewpoint on the subject, though.

Isn't that where Libertarians live, in-between conservatives and liberals?  ;)
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

"It is not the business of government to make men virtuous or religious, or to preserve the fool from the consequences of his own folly. Government should be repressive no further than is necessary to secure liberty by protecting the equal rights of each from aggression on the part of others" —Henry George

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 10:37:59 AM »
Mal, what insurance do you carry? What is your rough estimated premium? I am curious.

I'd have to do some research to find out, but I know that ATM I have very good insurance, provided at a relatively low cost. That has not always been the case however, my present situation is somewhat recent.  I spent many years on my own without any employer provided insurance. If you're thinking that my opposition to Obamacare comes from my having excellent insurance, you'd be very wrong...

I'll be one of the first to agree that Health insurance reform is desperately needed, but the ACA aka Obamacare is the worst way possible of doing it...
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 02:44:23 PM »
I'll be one of the first to agree that Health insurance reform is desperately needed, but the ACA aka Obamacare is the worst way possible of doing it...
Agree on both points. As is, it is a massive gov power grab.

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 02:56:41 PM »
I'd have to do some research to find out, but I know that ATM I have very good insurance, provided at a relatively low cost. That has not always been the case however, my present situation is somewhat recent.  I spent many years on my own without any employer provided insurance. If you're thinking that my opposition to Obamacare comes from my having excellent insurance, you'd be very wrong...

To speak the truth, I want to know if you are part of us who has to deal with private insurance/medical care. Right or wrong, I find it a bit hypocritical if someone with medicaid/medicare or VA opines on the current health care law. On the other hand, I suppose they are entittled to opinion as well. But good to know your good health care is not swaying your thoughts on Obamacare.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Mal

• Arena
  • There is no spoon...
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 03:37:19 PM »
To speak the truth, I want to know if you are part of us who has to deal with private insurance/medical care. Right or wrong, I find it a bit hypocritical if someone with medicaid/medicare or VA opines on the current health care law. On the other hand, I suppose they are entittled to opinion as well. But good to know your good health care is not swaying your thoughts on Obamacare.

Ah, excellent point. I do like to hear how people like/dislike dealing with the VA or medicaid/medicare tho. Since that will be what all of us have to deal with if Obamacare stands...
`09 ZG-1400
Western Colorado

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 04:32:22 PM »
13,000 pages of regulations written so far and a LOT more to come:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/07/lawyers-have-already-drafted-13000-pages-of-regulations-for-new-obamatax-law/

The VA will seem preferable in comparison.
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 05:08:08 PM »