Author Topic: Longmire  (Read 5677 times)

Offline MrPepsi

Longmire
« on: June 14, 2012, 05:58:45 PM »
Those of you that love Justified as I do, please check out Longmire. It has big potential.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Re: Longmire
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 06:21:40 PM »
Those of you that love Justified as I do, please check out Longmire. It has big potential.

My wife and I both love Longmire (I like Justified also). 

Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 07:28:12 PM »
Katee Sackhoff is in it?  Why didn't someone tell me?  Now I'll watch it even if the show sucks.   ;D
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 07:32:38 PM »
I love you Starbuck.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 09:13:37 PM »
Anybody know what movie the guy playing Longmire was in? It was the Matrix series.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 04:34:23 AM »

You should start another thread on this show Brent, so folks can check it out.

I'm with you, so is my wife. We both really like Longmire, so far.    :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 05:05:37 AM »
You should start another thread on this show Brent, so folks can check it out.

I'm with you, so is my wife. We both really like Longmire, so far.    :thumbs:

:thumbs:   Done, I just split it into its own thread.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:31:44 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 07:32:20 AM »
Anybody know what movie the guy playing Longmire was in? It was the Matrix series.
He was one of the agents in the first movie, "The Matrix".
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 07:28:28 PM »
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 07:05:10 AM »
Well :censored: ! I guess we'll never know who got kilt! 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 11:38:59 AM »
My bet is Fox will pick it up.  Sure hope so...

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2014, 07:11:06 AM »
After three seasons and a huge hope that "Longmire" would return, A&E confirmed that the TV show is getting axed and will no longer return for a fourth season.

The official statement from A&E states: "We would like to thank the phenomenal cast, crew and producers of Longmire, along with our partners at Warner Horizon, for their tireless work on three seasons of quality dramatic storytelling. We are incredibly proud of what we have achieved together."

The truth is, "Longmire" has been the most-watched original drama series of the network and the ratings isn't the reason why the show is getting axed. The average viewers for season 3 only took a small dip from season 2, that's 6 million to 5.6 million.

Fans do not like A&E's decision and most likely, the cable network will lose the wide fan base as well. Who wouldn't? Season 3 ended with a big cliffhanger and now fans might not even see what will happen in the show anymore.

However, there's still hope. According to Deadline, Warner Horizon, the studio behind "Longmire," is shopping the show elsewhere, meaning it is finding other cable networks willing to get the show and continue with Season 4. And according to Cartermatt.com, USA network might be a contender.

So, why is A&E letting go of "Longmire" if it's getting a good share of viewership anyway? It's because the network wants to "own a large portion of their scripted programming, which was also the mpetus behind the launch of A+E Studios," reports Deadlines. "Longmire" comes from Warner Horizon.

A&E wants to focus on unscripted programs. It's not only "Longmire" that's getting the boot, the cable network also booted out "Glades" and "Those Who Kill" and will also axe "The Returned" once its 10 episodes are done with.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/longmire.season.4.cancelled.could.it.be.shown.elsewhere/40347.htm

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2014, 07:24:11 PM »
A&E wants to focus on unscripted programs.
In other words, more "reality"" show crap that costs little to produce, but that can be mass marketed and mass merchandized and licensed. 

Guess I won't be watching much A&E programming anymore.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 04:25:44 PM »
Yeah baby!
http://deadline.com/2014/11/netflix-picks-up-longmire-1201289364/

Longmire fans’ dedication to saving the show has paid off. I’ve learned that Netflix, following several weeks of negotiations, has closed a deal for a 10-episode fourth season of the drama series to premiere in 2015 in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. The news comes less than three months after Longmire‘s surprise cancellation by A&E after three seasons. It triggered one of the biggest outpourings of fan support ever for an axed TV series. The cast members, led by Robert Taylor and Katee Sackhoff, have all made their deals for Season 4. That doesn’t necessarily mean that everyone will return — Season 3 ended in a cliffhanger, with characters’ lives in the balance, and I hear an exit is likely. More about the plot of Season 4 in a moment.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2014, 06:58:24 PM »
So is this only going to be on Netflix?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2014, 08:15:11 PM »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 10:18:14 PM »
Well that sucks.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2014, 08:46:56 PM »
Yeah baby!
http://deadline.com/2014/11/netflix-picks-up-longmire-1201289364/

Longmire fans’ dedication to saving the show has paid off. I’ve learned that Netflix, following several weeks of negotiations, has closed a deal for a 10-episode fourth season of the drama series to premiere in 2015 in the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. The news comes less than three months after Longmire‘s surprise cancellation by A&E after three seasons. It triggered one of the biggest outpourings of fan support ever for an axed TV series. The cast members, led by Robert Taylor and Katee Sackhoff, have all made their deals for Season 4. That doesn’t necessarily mean that everyone will return — Season 3 ended in a cliffhanger, with characters’ lives in the balance, and I hear an exit is likely. More about the plot of Season 4 in a moment.
WOOHOO!   :banana

So is this only going to be on Netflix?

Well that sucks.
Two options.  Wait until the whole season is out and pay the $8 for a month of streaming.  Or, wait about 30 minutes after each episode comes out and use your favorite bittorrent site and client to download them. 

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2015, 04:27:39 PM »
Just watched episode 1 of season 4. It was awesome. Can't wait to watch the whole season!
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"