Author Topic: Windscreen question  (Read 6640 times)

Damaged Goods

Windscreen question
« on: June 06, 2012, 02:25:03 PM »
I am a new member, just bought my concours 14 last week, 2009 black all stock. I love it besides the fact that I am 6'2 and the wind is really working on me. I've been reading the post and it looks like the V-stream may be my best option. Do they make anything taller, or is the V-steam tall enough?

Offline So Cal Joe

Re: Windscreen question
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 08:05:43 AM »
I don't know the height of the V-Stream but I have the cee bailey ultra tour domed and it is a great shield, plenty big enough
17" Tall x 19" Wide
http://www.ceebaileys.com/kawasaki/concours14ws.html

The V Stream says it's Height: 24.10 in.  Width: 21.00 in, thats a big shield
http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/N20102?mv_session_id=LwK95CXu&search_model=ka%2d083"

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 08:13:21 AM »
I don't know the height of the V-Stream but I have the cee bailey ultra tour domed and it is a great shield, plenty big enough
17" Tall x 19" Wide
http://www.ceebaileys.com/kawasaki/concours14ws.html

The V Stream says it's Height: 24.10 in.  Width: 21.00 in, thats a big shield
http://shop.nationalcycle.com/perl/cycle/N20102?mv_session_id=LwK95CXu&search_model=ka%2d083"

that shield for me is the ultra-awesome
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline chap

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 11:07:26 AM »
I also have put on the cee bailey ultra tour domed. I love it. i have it on preset 3 for height and it is perfect. I can raise it up further if I like. the wind  noise is almost gone, justy a little flutter on the elbows. It is also thicker than stock, so there is no flexing at speed (all though I am a bit chicken over 100mph)
2010 Concours ABS = Blue
2003 Concours - Red (sold)

Offline galaxieman

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 11:34:26 AM »
I've got the 'tall' 08/09 stocker and the 'free' shields that have been circulating the forums (a V-stream and a CalSci Medium) at the house... I'll take some pictures when I get home.  The V-stream does great at creating a big wind-free pocket, but has some significant low-pressure suction that pushes me forward.  The Calsci medium is almost perfect for me at 6'0", and there's a large sized one for a good price over in the for sale section.  It'd be mine, except that SWMBO vetoed the fundage for now, so you might check it out.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparat bellum.

Offline philipintexas

• Phils Farkels
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 01:41:56 PM »
This might help, I'm 5'-10", 32" inseam, however, I sit more upright than stock. click on the photo to start.

Need a better luggage rack?  www.philsfarkels.com

Offline TJ

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 02:14:08 PM »
Been reading about shields for 3 days myself, just placed an order for the Cee bailey ultra toured dom.
Should be just the ticket for our cooler weather.
2012 Black Kawasaki Concours

Offline Snakebite

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2012, 06:45:35 PM »
I just installed a brand new windscreen for 2010-2012.  It's made by Aeroflow (www.aeroflowscreens.com).  I don't think the screen is on his website yet.  If you are an Iron Butt member you will know how amazing the Aeroflow windscreens are.  I'm 6'1" and got a large.  Aeroflow is located in Anaheim, CA (714-777-4844).  He has been making windscreens for a long time and is know mostly for his BMW products.  Paige is the owner, tell him Snakebite sent you. IBA #49,276

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2012, 07:21:46 PM »
Been reading about shields for 3 days myself, just placed an order for the Cee bailey ultra toured dom.
Should be just the ticket for our cooler weather.

you're going to love it. BTW  this company also makes the windshields and canopies for air craft  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 03:36:17 AM »
For anyone that's undecided on which shield to get, this might help.: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=914.0
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 08:22:30 AM »
I just installed a brand new windscreen for 2010-2012.  It's made by Aeroflow (www.aeroflowscreens.com).  I don't think the screen is on his website yet.  If you are an Iron Butt member you will know how amazing the Aeroflow windscreens are.  I'm 6'1" and got a large.  Aeroflow is located in Anaheim, CA (714-777-4844).  He has been making windscreens for a long time and is know mostly for his BMW products.  Paige is the owner, tell him Snakebite sent you. IBA #49,276

Please post your results. I had an Aeroflow on my K1200GT and it was the best screen I've ever had on anything! I'm 6'2".

Offline Snakebite

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 12:37:22 PM »
I only have limited miles so far on the Aeroflow large screen.  I rode up to 80 mph and got excellent wind protection with the screen 3/4's way up.  With the screen all the way down I was able to get just the right amount of wind on my upper body and face.  No BUFFETING!.

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 01:15:21 PM »
Nice. Is the Aeroflow a 2 piece system like the BMWs? What is the height/width measurement?

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 02:48:16 PM »
The Aeroflow is probably the ugliest shield I've every seen... LOL!!!!  Saw them for the first time in Golden CO in 2006 mounted on a ST1300.  Everyone that spends the $ on them loves em.

Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Snakebite

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 02:54:25 PM »
The Aeroflow is a one piece system.  I would suggest getting a hold of Paige (see reply above of contact info), since there are different sizes and it's difficult to compare depending on what year C14 you have.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 03:07:59 PM »
I only have limited miles so far on the Aeroflow large screen.  I rode up to 80 mph and got excellent wind protection with the screen 3/4's way up.  With the screen all the way down I was able to get just the right amount of wind on my upper body and face.  No BUFFETING!.

As wide as that screen is at the bottom it looks like it may offer some cold weather protection for your hands too.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Breaker19

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 03:51:14 PM »
Timely thread. I just installed my Cee Bailey Ultra Tour Dome today. Took the bike out for a couple errands and really like the choice. I could only get it up to 70 on US 301 for a short time, but as I suspected, when I raise the shield up just so I am looking over it, my former wind buffeting is terminated. Any further up results in no appreciable difference, at least at that speed. I haven't tried it on the Interstate yet. That is one heck of a product, the thickness of the material is impressive. I cleaned and boxed up my OE shield in the Bailey's box and tucked that sucker away. I'll try it out on the Interstate maybe as early as tomorrow, unsure if I'll be able to swing that yet. I just got back from a 5 day excursion dual-sport riding in North GA so I'm putting stuff away and catching up at the house, you know the drill..  :P