Author Topic: I love retirement  (Read 6425 times)

Offline Makz58

Re: I love retirement
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 05:52:26 PM »
Sweet have a great retirement..
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Son of Pappy

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 06:05:42 PM »
I would still need my phone so I can get on the forum........Virtual friends are the best :grouphug:
Well, from the top of the property you get cell service or another spot about 15 minutes away (closer then the top BTW).  Losing the electronic leash is rather enlightening.

Taff

« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 06:56:06 PM »
Chet,

What can I say but WOW and double holy Bat Cave WOW :goodpost: :thumbs: :goodpost: :thumbs:

So when is the house warming? cough cough  ;D ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 07:05:50 PM »
Chet,

What can I say but WOW and double holy Bat Cave WOW :goodpost: :thumbs: :goodpost: :thumbs:

So when is the house warming? cough cough  ;D ;D
Not soon enough.  I'm hoping to put off the back surgery long enough to get the logs stacked to season for a year and the septic all installed.  I do have an open invite to those who may want a cheap quiet getaway.

This whole thing has been a dream since I was a kid, my father and I helped a guy build a cabin, then helped my uncle, and eventually we built a small cabin by the lake.  So, it feels good to get this close and in a place I really feel comfortable at.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 07:11:08 PM »
Not soon enough.  I'm hoping to put off the back surgery long enough to get the logs stacked to season for a year and the septic all installed.  I do have an open invite to those who may want a cheap quiet getaway.

This whole thing has been a dream since I was a kid, my father and I helped a guy build a cabin, then helped my uncle, and eventually we built a small cabin by the lake.  So, it feels good to get this close and in a place I really feel comfortable at.

Generosity at it's finest right there.  Hopefully I will have the opportunity to take you up on that offer during my ''walkabout" after I part ways with the Army.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Taff

« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 07:13:16 PM »

Chet, good Karma creates better karma. You deserve it and enjoy the retirement  ;D
Hopefully when we meet up I will a bottle of the finest "whatever takes your fancy"!  :chugbeer:

Jon.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 03:12:34 PM »
So, a WOW big time.  Someone (probably the resort owner) turned me in.  I just got a notice from the county.  The resort owner doesn't like people who start working before 8 or after 8.  Like I told him, God only has so many hours of daylight on any given day.  No power tools, no nails driven between those hours, the backhoe stayed off, heck, I even resorted to a hand saw and screws to start things before 8.  The worst thing we did was run a cement mixer behind the shed after 8, we could not hear it run from the other side of the shed.  Long story short, I'm in the permit process, I'm fortunate to have a few really good people who will help me do what I need to do to make it right.  I reckon the range will be open even during the resort season ;D  I also think I won't be steering the ADV riders his way for the WABDR rides I will be organizing and guiding.  I wish him no ill, but I sure as heck aint going out of my way to add to his buisness.  I reckon I'm more sad then mad :'(  Wrong is wrong and I am wrong.  I'll fix my mistakes and learn from them.
Rant off, I still love the place and the offer is open to those who are willing, a bonus is being able to do a little target practice, nothing larger then the .45LC or .300 Weatherby tho ;)

PS, Conrad, ya called it early, I shoulda payed closer attention :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2012, 03:23:43 PM »
Sorry about that Chet.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2012, 03:33:32 PM »
Sorry about that Chet.
I think the hit to the pride is bigger than the hit to the wallet, which woulda come at some time anyway.  I feel a bit of betrayal as I really did work hard at being quiet, I lost at a minimum 2 days labor X 3 waiting for the requested time and for what?  I can look forward to a full days work when I return, no more sleeping in till 6 or lounging around the campfire at 8 ;D  Us broke guys can only work so hard :P

Taff

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2012, 04:11:54 PM »
So, a WOW big time.  Someone (probably the resort owner) turned me in.  I just got a notice from the county.  The resort owner doesn't like people who start working before 8 or after 8.  Like I told him, God only has so many hours of daylight on any given day.  No power tools, no nails driven between those hours, the backhoe stayed off, heck, I even resorted to a hand saw and screws to start things before 8.  The worst thing we did was run a cement mixer behind the shed after 8, we could not hear it run from the other side of the shed.  Long story short, I'm in the permit process, I'm fortunate to have a few really good people who will help me do what I need to do to make it right.  I reckon the range will be open even during the resort season ;D  I also think I won't be steering the ADV riders his way for the WABDR rides I will be organizing and guiding.  I wish him no ill, but I sure as heck aint going out of my way to add to his buisness.  I reckon I'm more sad then mad :'(  Wrong is wrong and I am wrong.  I'll fix my mistakes and learn from them.
Rant off, I still love the place and the offer is open to those who are willing, a bonus is being able to do a little target practice, nothing larger then the .45LC or .300 Weatherby tho ;)

PS, Conrad, ya called it early, I shoulda payed closer attention :)

Chet, people like you should be given a  :thumbs: instead of a beat down. If I had been the person with this issue I would have taken the time to see in you person "mano a mano" to see what could be done to be good neighbors. This person has already lost some potential trade with your ADV friends, so karma has already made up for the actions of the resort.

Why people cannpt be more open and pleasant, beats the **** out of me.

Jon.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 04:57:55 PM »
Thanks Taff :)

Taff

« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »
Thanks Taff :)

Chet, you are most welcome. Maybe because you are so good at doing what you do (building) that the resort owners are jealous!

Wait until you get your ADV folks over, party and leave signs for "ADV parking" for overnight guests, then the tables will truly  be "turned".  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline leyenda30

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 12:09:11 PM »
Any updates, pics ...inquiring minds and all that? ;D
08 Kawasaki Concours
05 Honda VTX
07 Husky SM610 sold

Son of Pappy

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 01:36:56 PM »
Any updates, pics ...inquiring minds and all that? ;D
I'll have more pics end of next week, I'm working the whole permit angle, the guy I was going to have help out is in the middle of a coupla big projects so I'll be learning as I go.  Next week I should have the doors, windows, trim, and rails all done, as well as some area beautification done.  I really want some comfort for the family for our end of month family vacation, gonna see my grandbaby and since she's the princess she deserves the best ;D

Offline leyenda30

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2012, 02:29:59 PM »

It sounds like she'll get it. Don't over do it in the heat.  JP
08 Kawasaki Concours
05 Honda VTX
07 Husky SM610 sold