Author Topic: I love retirement  (Read 6422 times)

Son of Pappy

I love retirement
« on: June 05, 2012, 10:06:21 PM »
So, here's what I have been doing for a coupla weekends.  Not bad for a crippled 60 year old, me and a bad back, and a retired SF Engineer!  Plans are an apartment on top, shed/shop downstairs for when I begin the cabin.  We had the first floor walls and second floor down the first day, second floor walls and half the rafters up the second day.  We was whooped, fell short of having the roof done by day 2.  We spent this last weekend doing the roof and stairs (2 of us).  Happy with how things turned out.  Windows and doors come next, then the wiring, plumbing, insulation, and sheet rock.  Should be liveable by the end of July.
More pics to follow.

Son of Pappy

Re: I love retirement
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:07:39 PM »
Yet more to come

Son of Pappy

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 10:08:57 PM »
More yet

Son of Pappy

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 10:10:34 PM »
More

Son of Pappy

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 10:12:02 PM »
More

Son of Pappy

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 10:13:19 PM »
More

Son of Pappy

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 10:15:05 PM »
More/last.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 10:32:03 PM »
Very cool Chet!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Happy retirement indeed!  :) :chugbeer:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 10:46:42 PM »
Why thankee!!  Keys will be in the outhouse under the lid, under the white rolled up paper ::)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 05:09:34 AM »
Very nice Chet! You guys do good work.

One question though, why I don't see the building permit prominently displayed?  lol
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline leyenda30

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 07:43:41 AM »
SOP, Looking good...nice space to work and play. There is a site you might like called Garage Journal. They feature a gallery like you did of members builds and lots of tools and ideas...some modest some extravagant but I think you might enjoy it and maybe post your gallery there as well. That's alot of work..good luck on the finish. You have made great progress.

JP

http://garagejournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3
08 Kawasaki Concours
05 Honda VTX
07 Husky SM610 sold

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 09:59:54 AM »
Looks like a nice out of the way spot, perfect for drinking your favorite beverage and swapping lies with good friends.  I can't wait for retirement.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 10:06:16 AM »
Wow that is nice and nice spot.  While under construction are you hanging out in that camper I saw in a pic?
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Son of Pappy

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 10:15:08 AM »
Very nice Chet! You guys do good work.

One question though, why I don't see the building permit prominently displayed?  lol
Permit?  I don't need no stinking permit! ;)
Wow that is nice and nice spot.  While under construction are you hanging out in that camper I saw in a pic?
Yep, Buddy and I stayed in the trailer (AC and space), daughter and company stayed in the motorhome.  Power and water on site.  Open offer to anyone who is looking for a nice getaway, drop me a line.
Looks like a nice out of the way spot, perfect for drinking your favorite beverage and swapping lies with good friends.  I can't wait for retirement.
It is my little slice of heaven.  And even more important, my wife (Mona) loves it as well.
SOP, Looking good...nice space to work and play. There is a site you might like called Garage Journal. They feature a gallery like you did of members builds and lots of tools and ideas...some modest some extravagant but I think you might enjoy it and maybe post your gallery there as well. That's alot of work..good luck on the finish. You have made great progress.

JP

http://garagejournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3
Thanks for the link, I'll be checking it out.  I have lots of pics, from absolute raw land to current condition.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 10:31:32 AM »
Looks good! My wife and I absolutely love vacationing in Washington! Can't imagine being able to retire there!  Best wishes to you and yours Chet!
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 10:42:01 AM »
 :hail: :chugbeer: :hail: :chugbeer: :hail: :chugbeer: :hail: :chugbeer:

You da man.  Very nice set up.  My wife just does not understand that I could easily be a hermit.  I dont mind being alone and away from people.
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Conrad

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 11:07:32 AM »

You da man.  Very nice set up.  My wife just does not understand that I could easily be a hermit.  I dont mind being alone and away from people.

a big +1 on that!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 03:10:10 PM »

Amen to that, I could actually stop watching people's hand's and trying to get a read on them.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 03:23:18 PM »
I would still need my phone so I can get on the forum........Virtual friends are the best :grouphug:
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 05:45:21 PM »
I would still need my phone so I can get on the forum........Virtual friends are the best :grouphug:

:rotflmao: :thumbs: :thumbs: :grouphug: :chugbeer: