Author Topic: Parked next to an FJR the other day...  (Read 19654 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Parked next to an FJR the other day...
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2012, 07:43:42 AM »
A real answer to your smart-ass question.  I keep my phone and wallet in the storage compartment on my bikes because I hate having them in my pockets.

He was actually asking me, but it is nice to see another posting.

You see, some men are so insecure about their masculinity, they will gladly suffer through needless crap day after day.  They might have allergies and suffer without meds.  Have bed-head all day long.  Screw up their back from sitting on a wallet.  Deal with being stabbed by keys constantly.  Damaging their phones.   Etc.  And belittling others helps to deflect their own suffering.

Me?  I know I am a man, and having a fanny pack to carry my wallet, keys, asthma inhaler, allergy eye drops, other allergy meds, by glasses, a knife, my large Evo phone, and a pocket brush, doesn't change that fact.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mcclaskeyj

• Adventure...redefined
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2012, 07:47:49 AM »

You see, some men are so insecure about their masculinity, they will gladly suffer through needless crap day after day.  They might have allergies and suffer without meds.  Have bed-head all day long.  Screw up their back from sitting on a wallet.  Deal with being stabbed by keys constantly.  Damaging their phones.   Etc.  And belittling others helps to deflect their own suffering.

Me?  I know I am a man, and having a fanny pack to carry my wallet, keys, asthma inhaler, allergy eye drops, other allergy meds, by glasses, a knife, my large Evo phone, and a pocket brush, doesn't change that fact.
:rotflmao:

I didn't realize people still used those things!  ;D
'83 C70 Honda Passport   '06 Honda Rebel 250
'76 Kawasaki KZ400          '79 Suzuki GS1000L
'04 Kawasaki Ninja 250     '07 C14 ABS  '09 C14 Red                            '08 CRF230L
http://www.bikepics.com/members/mcclaskeyj/

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2012, 08:59:08 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^that

bet i will hold the KiPass too  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2012, 09:55:15 AM »
Wow, this thread has taken an interesting turn.... Makes me think of the Kink's "Lola":

'Well I'm not the world's most masculine man,
But I know what I am and I'm glad I'm a man,
And so is Lola.
Lo lo lo lo Lola. Lo lo lo lo Lola.

Lola lo lo lo lo Lola. Lola lo lo lo lo Lola'

:o

But you guys are really convincing me that getting rid of KiPass and / or getting an FJR is the way to go. For now though, I think I will just glue a gigantic bunch of keys to the stove knob key and never, ever use sixth gear- that should give me enough of the FJR experience for now.

<chuckle, chuckle>

Brian

<snip>

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2012, 10:00:56 AM »
C10 owner here...some of us considered a C14, but will not own one due to the extra KiPass failure modes.  NOT EVER.  Three mechanical keys for the C10, but I don't mind keys so much.  At least they are flat...$0.02.

saxman

Yeah... like there has been so many failures with the system. ::) How many C14 owners out there with no issues, majority has no issue. The C10 as good as it is "was" is simply an old dinosaur, but sometimes simple and stupid is nice.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2012, 10:18:52 AM »

Yeah... like there has been so many failures with the system. ::) How many C14 owners out there with no issues, majority has no issue. The C10 as good as it is "was" is simply an old dinosaur, but sometimes simple and stupid is nice.

Oh, I could go so many places with that one...   :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline r2t2

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2012, 11:36:40 AM »

I put mine in my front left pocket... No longer messes with my back and makes me look like I'm always happy to see the people I meet!!!  :stirpot: It also balances out the .380 in my front right pocket... KIPASSa on a lanyard that's either hanging around my neck or looped through the first belt loop on my pants/tucked in my pocket...
RayK
'08 C14
'06 BMW M3
'01 BMW 330i

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2012, 11:51:48 AM »
When I see a guy wearing a fanny pack, I assume he's armed.  Or strange.  Perhaps both.  I understand that there is a good chance that I'm wrong, but those are the first thoughts through my head.  I seem to be a bit of a caveman, however I must express my curiousity as to what on earth is a pocket brush? 
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2012, 12:07:01 PM »
When I see a guy wearing a fanny pack, I assume he's armed.  Or strange.  Perhaps both.

I am neither.  I don't have a concealed carry permit, because in my stupid city it requires being fingerprinted like a criminal.  Not that I would carry my gun around with me, anyway (under any typical circumstance).

I seem to be a bit of a caveman, however I must express my curiousity as to what on earth is a pocket brush?

That wasn't worded quite correctly- a mini (pocket sized) hairbrush.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2012, 01:24:18 PM »
<SNIP>That wasn't worded quite correctly- a mini (pocket sized) hairbrush.
I'm more like Larry - no need for a hairbrush.

VeggieTales: The Hairbrush Song
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2012, 02:26:20 PM »
I wear a fanny pack sometimes, to carry my camera and towel when I run. But if I moved my wallet or fob around I would eventually lose track of them so they ALLWAYS  stay in my two left side pockets.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2012, 03:05:55 PM »
I'm more like Larry - no need for a hairbrush.

LOL!  Well, at the rate I have been losing hair, it might not be a problem for me, either, in a couple of years. :(

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2012, 03:08:02 PM »
I wear a fanny pack sometimes, to carry my camera and towel when I run. But if I moved my wallet or fob around I would eventually lose track of them so they ALWAYS  stay in my two left side pockets.

That is another advantage of a pack- since I have everything in one place, always, I don't have to worry about misplacing stuff.  I am prone to losing things if I don't get all OCD about it.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2012, 03:10:39 PM »
Fanny packs.
Hair loss.
Mini- hair brushes.
Weapons carry.
Things that make lumps in pants.
KiPass
Product hatred.

Man, this thread has almost everything and we have an oil thread going so there is and I can only think of one thing that was missed:

When you put a car tire on an FJR, the rear brake stay has to be modified to clear the sidewall.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Breaker19

« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2012, 04:24:40 PM »
Kipass is so reliable that a bypass mod has been created and all the owners on this site know of it.
Kipass= $300.00 to replace and reprogram.versus a few bucks for a non-key pass key.
There is the cheaper smaller extra fob that only works when you place it against the ignition. From my understanding you cannot reprogram a new full size fob with it if you have lost the transmitting fob.
Lose the fob without a spare and you are looking at over $600.00 to repair.

All so you do not have to take the key out of your pocket. Other than Kipass, I really like the bike especially with the cruise control mounted.

Kawasaki gave two full sized fobs for the 09/09 model and realized either they can make additional profit by giving only one or it was too expensive to add the full size second fob or both reasons. Other than not having to take your key out of your pocket or supposedly making it more difficult to start once it is stolen (it can be stolen with Kipass), I have not found a real benefit to it versus cost.

Yup. I just ate the cost of a spare FOB on my '12, although a local dealer gave me a pretty decent discount on it and only charged me .2 hrs to register the new FOB. But I feel a lot better having two FOBs now.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2012, 05:45:56 PM »

Why am I not suprised that Max wears a fanny pack...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2012, 05:57:52 PM »
Why am I not suprised that Max wears a fanny pack...

Why I am not surprised you would be one of the harassing posters of Maxtog...

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2012, 06:00:11 PM »
Why I am not surprised you would be one of the harassing posters of Maxtog...

;D ;D ;D

All in play, luv ya bro...  :grouphug: :chugbeer:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2012, 06:04:31 PM »

;D ;D ;D

All in play, luv ya bro...  :grouphug: :chugbeer:

Any excuse to refer to myself in the third person is a good one.

Poor Brian sounds like he is going to crack a piston on thread drift.   So.....   Hmmm.....  Any one know anything about handlebar risers?  And which color bike is best?  <evil grin>

Offline reesedp

• Sail Army
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2012, 07:37:58 PM »
Just read about the possible release of the FJR 1400 in Motorcyclist, and found this thread: http://fjriders.com/forum/showthread.php?1124-Possible-FJR-1400!-Battle-Begins!