Author Topic: Which windshield shakes the least?  (Read 1839 times)

Offline Z71

Which windshield shakes the least?
« on: May 08, 2012, 05:59:27 PM »
As the title says, most windshield on C14 will shake some at different speeds and in different positions, but some are worse than others.  Which one shakes the least in your experience?  The stock 10+ screen shakes quite bit.  V Stream has some shake in it too, and for some reason more in partially lowered than in fully extended position.   V STream is about 3 inches taller in fully extended position than the stock 10+ screen.  I think the windshield  mounting brackets on the C14 are partially to blame for excessive windshield shake.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Which windshield shakes the least?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 06:09:17 PM »
The shortest ones....2008/2009 stock screen for one.  I'm sure that someone will sell one to you.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline timbo

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:08:01 PM »
The cal-sci tinted shorty

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 05:14:25 AM »
+1 and +2 on the above posts respectively.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 05:56:08 AM »
The one that has the least wind resistance.  LOL  The mounting platform of them all is identical, so the differences are wind resistance, which is a function of surface and aerodynamics, and material thickness. 

I have to believe the cal scis are generally the best on a square inch basis with the T-slot relieving back pressure.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 06:37:26 AM »
I love my CB Ultra Tour domed but I have to admit it does shake a lot. But dam it's calm behind that thing.