Author Topic: C-10 Handlebar risers and Snarf made highway pegs  (Read 2739 times)

Offline redzgrider

C-10 Handlebar risers and Snarf made highway pegs
« on: May 01, 2012, 08:52:47 PM »
I have a set of generic E-Bay handlebar risers and a set of Snarf made highway pegs that need new homes.

Risers are the no-name units occasionaly available on E-Bay, and ran me $55 just about 1 year ago. They are a year older, with a year's fading and some installation scratches and what not, so let's say $35 including shipping.

The highway pegs are from Snarf, picked up at about the same time as the risers. They were $110, then, and definately show some wear, so let's say $65 shipped for them.

Pay-Pal is prefered, but other options possible!

Offline dukeofearl

Re: C-10 Handlebar risers and Snarf made highway pegs
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 12:11:09 PM »
Can any handle bars be installed on the risers, I would like to put some gold wing handle bars on my connie for rider comfort?

Offline CoffeeRider

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 03:55:23 PM »
Are the highway pegs the standard or the vertically challenged model? What color are they painted?
2002 Concours (It's not grey, it's SilverDammit)
Targa windshield, Fender extender, Murph's knee savers, bar risers, Optronix driving lights, Garmin Quest GPS, hyperlights, Back off stop light flasher, backrest extender

Offline redzgrider

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 06:52:15 PM »
The handlebar risers look to be clones of the Genmars, so they really only work with the stock bars.
The highway pegs are the standard length version, with no cutting of the outer fairings required (though you still have to cut two holes in the inner fairings), and are black in color.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 05:23:21 AM »
The handlebar risers look to be clones of the Genmars, so they really only work with the stock bars.
The highway pegs are the standard length version, with no cutting of the outer fairings required (though you still have to cut two holes in the inner fairings), and are black in color.

Just to clarify; a person needs to cut a 3 /4" -1" hole in each of the inner heat shields (L-R). 
No fairings were harmed during the filming of this movie.

CoffeeRider the pegs are powdercoated not painted.  If you get'em send them to me and I would be more than happy to clean them up for you.

redzgrider, are you getting rid of your Connie :-[ ???
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline yoman

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 03:05:33 PM »
Hey Snarf, I'm 5'8" everything else I need ids for the VC, I suppose the same goes for the highway pegs?
2002 Semi-naked Connie

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 03:24:14 PM »
Hey Snarf, I'm 5'8" everything else I need ids for the VC, I suppose the same goes for the highway pegs?
pm me, Im not quite sure what you are asking
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline redzgrider

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 06:34:07 PM »
I have in intention of getting rid of my bike! 80K or so since I bought it new in 2000, it's just too much a part of me now. No, I did my 5000 mile ride last summer, and realized I didn't like the position of the highway pegs -- nothing wrong with them, just not for me. Same is true of the risers. Still making up my mind on the Daylong saddle.

Offline potshotpanda

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 04:27:10 AM »
Snarf

if I translate yoman's question correctly

ids = is

VC = vertically challenged

Then the question makes a lot more sense.

Panda
Jeff Poston, Fitzwilliam, NH
2006 Concours "Matilda"
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Offline CoffeeRider

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 03:50:43 PM »
I PM'ed you about the highway pegs. If you didn't get it, email me at oppers@warwick.net.
2002 Concours (It's not grey, it's SilverDammit)
Targa windshield, Fender extender, Murph's knee savers, bar risers, Optronix driving lights, Garmin Quest GPS, hyperlights, Back off stop light flasher, backrest extender

Offline redzgrider

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 05:12:07 PM »
Sorry CoffeeRider, I just sent you a reply PM -- your inquiry on the pegs was #2.