Author Topic: How often...  (Read 14853 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: How often...
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2011, 06:54:09 PM »
I leave my bags on all the time.  I carry a tire repair kit and pump with me, as well as the clear or tinted face shield for my helmet (whichever isn't on the helmet).

+1...

I like to ride with a dark tint shield during the day, but that's no good if you get caught in the dark, which does happen sometimes staying late at the office...  :banghead:

Offline koval68

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2011, 07:16:56 PM »
On mostly, with this stuff behind me no chance of boot scuffing a bag........
Is that a suitcase?

Mine always stay on and I take them off only for cleaning.
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline saddletramp

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2011, 10:13:09 PM »
Wow!  The saddlebags come off!  I've just got to take the time & read my owners manual.  :o

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2011, 10:57:30 PM »
Wow!  The saddlebags come off!  I've just got to take the time & read my owners manual.  :o

some claim they come off on their own
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2011, 04:57:40 AM »

+1...

I like to ride with a dark tint shield during the day, but that's no good if you get caught in the dark, which does happen sometimes staying late at the office...  :banghead:

Ditto that, cept the part about staying late at the office. I'm a civil servant, I never stay late.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2011, 09:33:31 AM »
leave mine on 99% of the time.  That is why I bought the Connie b/c I got sick of wearing a backpack on the Superhawk.  If I want to go out and rip around I just take the Superhawk out anyways.   

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2011, 09:57:42 AM »
... I must say, there is something awesome about the sidebags...other people underestimate you as a touring bike, then you blast right by!!! Love being under the radar, that's why I kept the potato launcher. Go Irish!
I use a C-10 to commute around "Harley Country" and I love quietly zipping along compared to 'pirate' cruisers.  Bags hold Lunch and Laptop/iPad and rain gear.

Go Irish!
Watch out for Leprechauns under rocks!
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2011, 10:01:33 AM »
Watch out for Leprechauns under rocks!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Afm252

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2011, 11:45:15 AM »
I'm not talking "COOL FACTOR", I'm talking about getting on and off the bike without scuffing...guess it's just gonna take a bit to get used to.

...STRETCH and limber up.

Never take mine off. Always finding something to stuff in there at any point in time. Wife is empowered with the idea that she can add to the "honey do" list at anytime....maybe they need to come off after all.
Mike T
09 C14 "Turtle"
07 CBR 600rr Blue/ Silver
98 CBR 600 F3 "Desert Storm"

Offline gflint

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2011, 11:52:49 AM »
I put them on only when I have to.  I do not like the added weight on the rear.  The roads I ride are pretty rough and the weight makes things a little shaky on bumby corners.  On a day trip I use a tank bag for coat and extra gloves.
Keep it simple - if no one has shot at me or tried to blow me up it is a good day.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2011, 11:59:03 AM »
Haven't had em' off yet in my 3 months of ownership.  Use the storage and the bazooka looks horriffic with the bags off. :-[  And I agree with others that the cops are less likely to pay attention with the bags on.
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline rar

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2011, 12:02:56 PM »
99% of the time on.  Love the look without but like the convenience more.  I use them for the work commute, keeping the brief case, tire repair and rain gear on board.

Offline ernie4110

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2011, 02:37:01 PM »
I have my saddle bags on all the time and a trunk. I put my left foot on the left peg first to mount the bike and do the same when I dismount. Try it. It works.

Ernie
09 Conours
04 Goldwing
MSF Instructor

Offline riverbound51

• It's all about the ride.
« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2011, 09:05:27 PM »
I have my saddle bags on all the time and a trunk. I put my left foot on the left peg first to mount the bike and do the same when I dismount. Try it. It works.

Ernie

Just be careful stepping on the the footpegs to get on and off the bike.  I have seen the kickstand break as the rider is getting on. 
2008 Concours 14
Always looking for the road less traveled
www.odysseymotorcycletouring.com

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2011, 10:02:34 PM »
Just be careful stepping on the the footpegs to get on and off the bike.  I have seen the kickstand break as the rider is getting on.

Really??

Offline tonedeaf

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2011, 10:13:07 PM »
I use them only for trips. I have a Givi 55 that holds everything I need for day rides. The biggest disadvantage is that when they are off, the potato launcher is more exposed and looks even more obnoxious. The group I ride with is threatening me with banishment if I do not replace the exhaust!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: May 24, 2011, 10:24:34 PM »
I use them only for trips. I have a Givi 55 that holds everything I need for day rides. The biggest disadvantage is that when they are off, the potato launcher is more exposed and looks even more obnoxious. The group I ride with is threatening me with banishment if I do not replace the exhaust!

Do it TD, do it!!  ;D

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2011, 10:42:09 AM »

Do it TD, do it!!  ;D

ZG.  Stop it.   I am trying to put off the performance mods ( full system, PCV) til next year and you pressuring him into changing the bazooka has a domino effect and is trying to take me with it  :stirpot:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 10:42:25 AM by DocPigskin »

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2011, 10:49:28 AM »
ZG.  Stop it.   I am trying to put off the performance mods ( full system, PCV) til next year and you pressuring him into changing the bazooka has a domino effect and is trying to take with with it  :stirpot:

Thats why I bought a used slip on.  I thought the same as you regarding the slippery slope of perf mod costs, where do you stop?  I figured I could recoup the cost of the used slip on later.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2011, 10:50:28 AM »