Author Topic: amber sun shield  (Read 1831 times)

Offline buster1

amber sun shield
« on: May 21, 2011, 07:50:45 PM »
Hello all,
My hjc ismax has a smoke drop down sunshield and works well e nuff in open sun but where there is a mix of sun and shade along the road way it makes the wooded areas to dark.I was thinking about the amber drop down shield but how would it perform in bright sun? Does anyone have any wisdom they could share on this.
Thanx in advance.

buster1....... 8)
David A. Phillips
Winterville, Georgia
K1200 LT BMW
09 C1400 Kawasaki

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: amber sun shield
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 08:27:27 PM »
Personally, I have never liked color-tinted glasses/etc.  Screwing around with my perception of color is just too strange.  I would recommend you just switch to a lighter neutral (grey/smoke) tint.  Of course, others might disagree.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Tactical_Mik

• Lamh laidir an Uachtar
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 06:38:25 AM »
I think the amber lense would blind you in anything other than overcast skies.  It seems to intensify light.  Great when you are in poor conditions but horrible when it's sunny.
T.S.R.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 06:59:48 AM »
I think that the Ismax uses the same drop down visor as the symax II and they now have three visors for it. A light and dark smoke and the amber. I have the light smoke visor and the light smoke face shield. The combo works great for me. In really bright sun I use both.

Be VERY careful when you remove the visor. It loves to break when you try to get it out.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline buster1

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2011, 07:23:16 AM »
Thanx for all the input guys.  :thumbs:
buster1.
David A. Phillips
Winterville, Georgia
K1200 LT BMW
09 C1400 Kawasaki

Offline koval68

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2011, 11:52:30 AM »
I think the amber lense would blind you in anything other than overcast skies.  It seems to intensify light.  Great when you are in poor conditions but horrible when it's sunny.
I agree with you...have one(pin-lock insert for Qwest), it works great in poor conditions but not good at all when it's sunny.
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline concoursbdh

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2011, 04:56:50 PM »
Yep, no amber for me either except at night!  I use the yellow tint safety glasses at night and it is much better! ;D  This method is much easier than having to fool with changing shields, I just raise my day time shield.