Author Topic: A good ole boy story  (Read 3338 times)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
A good ole boy story
« on: April 17, 2012, 09:07:05 AM »
Last year a buddy and I headed east with no destination what so ever. When we got to Boise we were done slabbing it so we decided to go up through the Sawtooth mountains. Great decision, it was a beautiful ride and we were just rollin through the hills… flying low….. I came around a corner and could see Stanley, ID off in the distance. I also  saw a little white truck way up ahead, when I got closer I saw that it had a blue light on top. If you live in Portland, OR these little trucks look like Trimet security. I figured it was a county vehicle so I never let off the throttle. I went to pass (I was going ~75mph) as I went by I looked over and saw $##$&^% County Sheriff on the door of the truck. I thought to myself, crap I am so busted. I was about a mile from Stanley when he finally turned on his blue light. I pulled over in a small gravel driveway with the sheriff behind me and my buddy flew past and pulled over about 100 yards down the road.

An older gentlemen climbed out of the little truck and meandered over to me. I could tell right away that he was a nice guy. I was on my best behavior, yes sir, no sir, thank you, over the top politeness. The first thing he said to me was “I don’t mind that you guys go flying past me but you need to slow back down to 55 after you do.” He asked me why I didn’t slow down. I told him I figured I was already busted so I might as well keep on the throttle until I get pulled over. He laughed and asked, “Is that your buddy up there? Have him bring his license and registration over here too.” I handed him my license, registration, and insurance card and yelled at Scott to bring his. He took all of our stuff back to his vehicle an ran it through the system. When he came back Scott was standing there with me and we were laughing about the situation. He handed Scott his paperwork back and asked him “What do you think I should do to your friend here?” Scott replies, “Make him push his bike to town”. The Sheriff laughed and said, “that is a great idea but what if he gets hit by a car while he is pushing his bike down the road.” He decided there was too much liability to do that. He said let me go back to the truck and talk it over with my deputy. So Scott and I stood there on the side of the road for what felt like 30 minutes as he went and talked it over with his partner.

When he came back he said you were doing about 75, that is a $75 ticket. Which I thought was pretty lenient already. Then he paused for a second and looked around and said “I tell you what, push-ups are worth $3 a piece around here.” I started to take off my coat and walk over to the road to do some push-ups. He stopped me quickly and said, “leave the coat on and do them in the gravel, and this is military style I want you counting them out loud boy.” That is exactly what I did. He handed me my paperwork back and said “ride safe son.”

Scott and I did finally make it to West Yellowstone and back home with no moving violations at all. What an epic adventure.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 10:09:23 AM by LivnLoud »

Offline midnightrider

• Arena
Re: A good ole boy story
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 09:19:09 AM »
Did he have a dash camera? Look out YouTube. ;D
2004 C10 RIP

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 09:21:38 AM »
Great Story! You should have done 30 and asked him for $15.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 09:26:35 AM »
Great Story! You should have done 30 and asked him for $15.    ;)
I thought about doing more, feeling a bit cocky that day. But I stopped myself, I did not want to push my luck.....

Son of Pappy

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 10:05:08 AM »
Well, if he had been on a silverdammit bike he woulda owed at least 40 pushups :)

Great story BTW, thanks for sharing, nice to know we still have some good LEOs out there.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 03:10:44 PM »
Epic, love it!  :thumbs: :thumbs: ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 07:32:06 PM »
Everyone knows the cop woulda owed Jay pushups :P

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 07:42:41 PM »
:rotflmao:

I woulda done em on one hand...  ;D

Luckily I wasn't on this trip with Gumbi or I'd probably still be there doing full on aerobics...  ;)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
Ok, my next story is about a ride with Jay back in the day......Stay tuned.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 08:22:05 PM »
Was he on the front, or back? :-X

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 09:33:00 PM »

:o   :-X

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 09:33:41 PM »
Was he on the front, or back? :-X

If it's the story I'm thinking... both!  :o

Son of Pappy

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 09:41:25 PM »
I recon he fixed his LEO problem, Jay, has he said thank you yet for buying the slower version?  Sounds like pushups aint his cup o tea ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 10:30:51 PM »
I recon he fixed his LEO problem, Jay, has he said thank you yet for buying the slower version?  Sounds like pushups aint his cup o tea ;)

:battle:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 04:47:00 AM »

:rotflmao:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn