Poll

What is your favorite touring windshield - Quiet, Year round comfort,  passenger benefits, and style?

Cee Bailey Euro
6 (18.8%)
Cee Bailey Ultra Tour Domed
6 (18.8%)
V Stream
5 (15.6%)
Cal Sci
5 (15.6%)
2 Shields  Summer/Winter
7 (21.9%)
Other/Stock
3 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: What is your favorite touring windshield - Quiet, Year round comfort, passenger  (Read 12523 times)

Offline mr_reality

What is your favorite touring windshield - Quiet, Year round comfort,  passenger benefits, and style?  Looking for a good all around shield that makes a quiet comfortable venue for driver and passenger.

Offline ZG

• Arena
CB euro mini dark tint...  8)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
You need some amber city lights on that black beauty ZG.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ZG

• Arena
on that black beauty ZG.

Brown noser....  ;)

Excavator

Cee Bailey Ultra Tour for cold weather, works great. When it gets hot I go with my stock shield to get maximum air flow.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"

Brown noser....  ;)

Black noser...... 8)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
CB Euro...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
CalSci. Can't speak to passenger. Don't keep one.

Offline W14

I use the VStream year around, was not happy with the stock or CB Euro Tour. With the VS  all the way down, you can get plenty of air, up good protection...don't know about impact on passenger, as I ride alone. The shield does vibrate a lot at high speeds or when you are in the wake of a big truck, but that has not been a problem for me. At 6'0 feet I look over the VS, so I get right much wind noise into my helmet - I wear ear plugs to cut down on the noise.

Despite the negatives, I like the VS. However, if I was in the market, and since I have tried the CB and VS,  I would probably look a CalSci. A lot of forum members seem to like that one.

Offline ZG

• Arena

Offline Jack Daniels

• Ain't nobody chasin' me boy
CB euro mini dark tint...  8)

That looks nice.  8)  I'm perfectly happy with the size/shape of the stocker.  I'm not happy with how easily it got all scratched up (micro-scratches).  How's the scratch resistance of that one? 

Offline ZG

• Arena
That looks nice.  8)  I'm perfectly happy with the size/shape of the stocker.  I'm not happy with how easily it got all scratched up (micro-scratches).  How's the scratch resistance of that one?

No scratches on mine JD, I only use a wet with water micro-fiber towell to clean it.  :thumbs:

Offline Jack Daniels

• Ain't nobody chasin' me boy

No scratches on mine JD, I only use a wet with water micro-fiber towell to clean it.  :thumbs:

I've been reasonably careful with my windshield.  Alternately, I've cleaned the faceshield on my 3 year old helmet with just about anything I could get my hands on and it has no scratches at all, lol.

Offline DGOLD

Cee Bailey Ultra Tour Dome for the winter and stock for summer. Good advise that I read from the Capt. last summer.
1995 c10(gone), 2001 c10(passed on to son),
2010 c14(current mistress)

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
CalSci. Can't speak to passenger. Don't keep one.

ditto
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)