Author Topic: ATGATT Reminder  (Read 1251 times)

Offline booger

ATGATT Reminder
« on: April 01, 2012, 07:29:29 AM »
State inspection expired on the C-14, so I thought I would run down and get it taken care of.  Inspection place is less than a mile from the house.  Already in the garage working on the bike, I decided not to take the 15 sec. to go inside and get my Tourmaster jacket.  I did put on my helmet.  No gloves. Tennis shoes.   First time I havent worn full gear in probably 4 years.

After getting the inspection, on my return trip, I decided to cut through a strip center to avoid heavy traffic.  The road exiting the strip center had a thin film of sand on it from recent construction.  Making a 90 deg left turn onto the main traffic, hit the sand and immediately started going low side.  Bike was almost down, caught traction and, seemingly defying gravity, flipped me up into a high side situation.  I rode it out.  My superior driving skills  (dumb luck and panic),  kept me from going down.

I promise, the only thing I could think of was the fact that I was going to eat some asphalt on the only frigging day in 4-5 years that I didn't suit up. How dumb.!!!!!

I'm back on track.  ATGATT

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Re: ATGATT Reminder
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 04:03:06 PM »
Odviously a great save, just think what all that plasic would have cost as a reminder, and of course the rash and burn unit stay.
Ride safe all, and like previously mentioned, ATGATT.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 04:24:35 PM »
Buy a Lotto ticket. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2012, 05:19:38 PM »
Glad you're okay.  IMHO, skills beat ATGATT, but skilled riders tend to be the ones wearing ATGATT.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline Jack Daniels

• Ain't nobody chasin' me boy
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 06:34:03 AM »
Glad you saved it.  I'm an "most of the time" kind of guy.  Always wear at a minimum full face helmet, gloves, boots and jeans, but once in a while it's nice to ride in a t-shirt.  I factor in where and when I'm riding.