Author Topic: Clapton's birthday  (Read 936 times)

Offline Conrad

Clapton's birthday
« on: March 30, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »
Today is EC's birthday and it seems that he went all out.

Last year, it was reported that Eric Clapton, the multiple Grammy-award winning guitarist had approached Ferrari to build him a custom-built Ferrari SP12 E. And now, footage of the specially designed car has been released. The new custom-made vehicle has been built over the framework of the Ferrari 458 Italia, although the body of the car has been inspired from the Ferrari 512 BB (Berlinetta Boxer) from the 1970s. The official name of the alleged vehicle is SP12 EPC, which stands for Special Program 12 and Eric Patrick Clapton.

The car is unique and is set with angular headlights, like Ferrari’s Enzo model, and a customized 458 body. However, Clapton wanted a car with V12 engine fixed to duplicate the original 512B. But the larger unit simply wouldn’t fit, and hence the custom-made supercar maintains the 458 Italia’s 4.5-litre 425 kW/540 Nm V8.

“When I write, when I play or when I’m in the recording studio or on stage, I can see the improvement, but I tend never to let things be. Let’s just say that I’m constantly striving to achieve perfection. I think it’s the same thing for Ferrari,” Clapton said during the development of his new specially-made car. The Ferrari SP12 EPC will soon join the likes of Ferrari 250 GT Lusso, Ferrari Enzo, and the 599 Fiorano – all of which were owned by Eric Clapton at some point or the other in the past. It is believed that the Ferrari SP12 EPC will leave the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee $4.47 million poorer.

Ferrari SP12 EC - Eric Clapton's £3m 458 in London
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Clapton's birthday
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 04:20:21 PM »
Very cool!  8)