Author Topic: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion  (Read 293481 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion
« Reply #820 on: May 15, 2012, 04:42:28 AM »
Posso assicuravi che la borsa è saltata fuori causa sbagliato sistema d'ancoraggio alla moto da parte di KAWASAKI.

MGvalerio. 8)

Ah, so that's what happened to the mirror eh?    ::)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #821 on: May 15, 2012, 04:46:37 AM »
Care to share?

Offline ugocon

« Reply #822 on: May 15, 2012, 05:07:48 AM »
I talked to Valerio...  :)
Regarding the pic he posted, he has no additional info on the accident, sorry...
But he wants to underline that:
- the bike was at a very low speed, probably went down because of a panic stop, since there are no scratches of the cage on the asphalt and debris are all there, close to the bike.
- the road is not horizontal on the side where the bike dropped and this has diminished the safety provided by the cage: probably things would have gone better if it dropped on the left side
- most probably the saddlebag has separated NOT because it hit the ground, but for the repercussion of that hit, due to a poor design by Kawasaki that doesn't grant a stable anchoring of the saddlebags to the bike: you can try pulling yours from the rear and see how much it moves!
- the pics he posted later are of his saddlebags he modified with additional bolts to keep them safer in their position.

Ciao
Ugo
Stand out from the crowd: do not buy a BMW !!!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #823 on: May 15, 2012, 05:17:43 AM »
Thanks Ugo.

MGvalerio

« Reply #824 on: May 15, 2012, 05:41:49 AM »
Ah, so that's what happened to the mirror eh?    ::)

Certamente ???.....  migliore cosa è fare come fanno gli struzzi ahahah...come stai facendo tu con me.

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #825 on: May 15, 2012, 06:08:55 AM »
Ok, I have to ask, what is the difference between a high side and a low side? No smart Alec's!  :-X

Further, of course, you can do some youtube searches and you'll get a terrific understanding of the difference.  Good question!
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline Zman

• Arena
« Reply #826 on: May 15, 2012, 06:30:27 AM »
Thanks for the clarification......... Unfortunately I can now relate to a low side, in as I experienced one on Saturday. I was getting off the freeway, had a green light at the intersection, made a rookie mistake of tracking the center of the lane, and both wheels squirted out from under me and we slid across two lanes of highway. Oil patch?

Ground off down the mirror, bag, and lower fairing pretty good, upper fairing majorly scratched, and broke off the end of the peg......... the bag did not come off, I guess I better check it closer.

Some road rash on the jacket, a hurting bruised foot, and a little dose of mental anguish......... Oh, and the wife!!

I think the tip over bars I have on order would have saved the plastic!!

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #827 on: May 15, 2012, 08:20:56 AM »
Yup, that sounds like a lowside all right.  And it's a STRONG indication why this photo being discussed was NOT a low speed lowside.  Period.  It just wasn't.  It was pretty violent.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline wendel

« Reply #828 on: May 15, 2012, 11:22:02 AM »
If the crash bars were not scuffed up then it was not a low side accident. The accident happened at an intersection. The bike is resting in the upper position of the crash bars and not laid completely over. A low speed low side would not have caused the damage if the bike was left in the position that it came to final rest. The road does not slant enough to cause the damage. By all appearances to me, the bike was struck or struck someone coming from the right who violated the riders right of way.
2012 C14

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #829 on: May 15, 2012, 11:26:34 AM »
Posso assicuravi che la borsa è saltata fuori causa sbagliato sistema d'ancoraggio alla moto da parte di KAWASAKI.

MGvalerio. 8)

I need to take a better look at the inside of my side bags. I don't think mine look like that (not mentioning the stereo speaker). Curious about his locking mod, too. Looks like the little L-pieces slip into the holes and under the brackets on the bike so that it can't be lifted. Hard to tell for sure.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline daringdave

« Reply #830 on: May 15, 2012, 11:48:52 AM »
I'm not sure of the protocol on the forum for thanking someone for their help, after asking for Ugocon's help with translation, but anyway, thanks for the help, and I agree with Necron and Wendel... I don't believe this was a simple low side with the damage we see to the mirror and bag, but not to the top of the bag or the frame.
2010 Neptune Blue

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #831 on: May 15, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »
Usually "Thank you" works on forums. ;)  Just trying to help a brutha with the best colored bike out.  :D
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline ugocon

« Reply #832 on: May 15, 2012, 02:38:47 PM »
I need to take a better look at the inside of my side bags. I don't think mine look like that (not mentioning the stereo speaker). Curious about his locking mod, too. Looks like the little L-pieces slip into the holes and under the brackets on the bike so that it can't be lifted. Hard to tell for sure.
As far as I know, Valerio made two holes and used something magnetic to quickly release the bag, but don't know more.
On his YouTube channel he had a video about it, but he is a "man of action"  :) and reshuffled the video he loaded many times, adding new ones and getting rid of others, so... I no longer see it!  :-[

Valerio, please, reload the video about locking the saddlebags!!!

In Italian (better for him...) ;)

Valerioooooo, ricarica su Youtube il video sui cosi magnetici di cui parlavamo stamattina per le borseeeee! ;D

Sorry for shouting, but hopefully he will notice it!  :D

BTW: it's my pleasure to help when I can...  :)

MGvalerio

« Reply #833 on: May 16, 2012, 01:32:28 AM »
As far as I know, Valerio made two holes and used something magnetic to quickly release the bag, but don't know more.
On his YouTube channel he had a video about it, but he is a "man of action"  :) and reshuffled the video he loaded many times, adding new ones and getting rid of others, so... I no longer see it!  :-[

Valerio, please, reload the video about locking the saddlebags!!!

In Italian (better for him...) ;)

Valerioooooo, ricarica su Youtube il video sui cosi magnetici di cui parlavamo stamattina per le borseeeee! ;D

Sorry for shouting, but hopefully he will notice it!  :D

BTW: it's my pleasure to help when I can...  :)

AUGGG.

http://youtu.be/qEhYqst8otQ

MGvalerio. 8) 

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 02:30:17 AM by MGvalerio »

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #834 on: May 16, 2012, 05:56:30 AM »
molto bella!
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #835 on: May 16, 2012, 11:13:24 AM »

AUGGG.

(removed the YouTube link)

MGvalerio. 8) 

Dang, he's got a couple of really cool things going on. How come nobody else thought of the internal pins before? And that center stand works really slick.  :thumbs:
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline Conrad

« Reply #836 on: May 16, 2012, 11:48:04 AM »
Dang, he's got a couple of really cool things going on. How come nobody else thought of the internal pins before? And that center stand works really slick.  :thumbs:

Someone did, it was on the precrash forum. I can't tell you who it was though cuz I don't remember. It's a cool solution but who wants to drill two holes in the bags?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #837 on: May 16, 2012, 12:22:43 PM »
Holy bags, Batman!  And speaking of bags, let's kinda veer this back to the Canyon Cage discussion rather than side case fastening methods and what not....

Over and out.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 01:43:05 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

MGvalerio

« Reply #838 on: May 16, 2012, 10:36:06 PM »
Holy bags, Batman!  And speaking of bags, let's kinda veer this back to the Canyon Cage discussion rather than side case fastening methods and what not....

Over and out.
Someone did, it was on the precrash forum. I can't tell you who it was though cuz I don't remember. It's a cool solution but who wants to drill two holes in the bags?

Holy bags, Batman!
It's a cool solution but who wants to drill two holes in the bags?
Non vedete più lontano del vostro naso,signori miei ((Conrad... VirginiaJim))   ..con il mio amico virtuale UGOCON che tradurrà il mio pensiero in altro post capirete che davo in formazioni valide alla sicurezza in moto, la vostra ignoranza in materia mi disturba.
Non amo la diplomazia,sono molto diretto,miei punti cardinali o nord o sud...

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline ugocon

« Reply #839 on: May 17, 2012, 01:11:09 AM »
I think it's correct not to go off topic in a post, but Valerio just wanted to provide you with what he sincerely thinks could be a benefit for every Connie owner.
Drilling a bag is his solution, could be interesting for someone could be useless for others.
Anyway, in his last post Valerio is upset because it seems you don't appreciate his suggestions.
The language barrier sometimes twists the real meanings of the phrases, so I just want to tell Valerio that no one is saying that your ideas are bullshit (I hope bullshit is allowed in this forum: I had a bad experience in another one managed by a mentally disturbed administrator ;)...) .
I suggest you, if you haven't done it already, to open a specific thread about your suggestions, hints and advices.
Fellow riders will have the choice to argue about them in a free way.
In this post it's off-topic.

I translate this last part in Italian for him:

Valerio, nessuno sta dicendo che le tue idee sono stronzate.
Ti consiglio, se non l'hai già fatto, di aprire un thread specifico per i tuoi consigli e proposte.
Gli altri piloti potranno liberamente scegliere se commentare o meno le tue idee :)
In questo post siamo off-topic.

Ciao
Ugo