Author Topic: Thinking about new C14  (Read 12400 times)

Offline wendel

Thinking about new C14
« on: March 06, 2012, 06:50:51 AM »
I had a 2008 C14 and was convinced I needed a new 2010 Wing. I miss the performance, cornering clearance etc. Really considering going back to a new c14 ABS. Not really interested in the black though. I am willing to travel within reason for a good deal. I know from before when I was on this forum, there were many members who knew of C14s that just were not selling and were priced low.

So, I am looking for a deal now. Currently have one dealer that wants  $15989 out the door on 2011 black C!4 ABS with traction control etc.

I am adding my location. I did not realize it was not posted. I am in Gainesville, Fl.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 10:08:50 AM by wendel »
2012 C14

Offline Axxman

Re: Thinking about new C14
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 06:58:44 AM »
Refreshing to see someone that DOESN'T want a black C14. ;D
Jay
09 Concours 14 ABS
Candy Diamond Red

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 07:37:40 AM »
That sounds high to me for a 2011.  There are plenty to found for $11,000 - $12,000.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 07:52:37 AM »
That sounds high to me for a 2011.  There are plenty to found for $11,000 - $12,000.

Agreed!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline fmwhit

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2012, 11:01:42 AM »
I don't want black either.-lol 

Check these folks out, I have heard good things about them and they appear to be getting $14,300 plus $215 for setup and delivery.  They are located in Troy New York, just outside of Albany.

http://www.troycitygarage.com/street_bikes.htm

I also know that the dealer that advertises on ebay is also fairly competitive.  It seems that Kawisaki has come down on the dealers that are advertising bikes for below the list price.  So don't be afraid to make an offer.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAND-NEW-2012-KAWASAKI-ZG1400-SUPER-SALE-CONCOURS-ABS-BLACK-12-SALE-/290678143377?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item43adc47991

Good Luck,
Fred

Offline wendel

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2012, 11:02:41 AM »
That is with my trade in which really comes close to paying the wing off. Like I said, I am willing to travel for a good deal. Several dealerships that I called no longer handle Kawasaki. Don't know what is up with that. I agree the price is high. Ocala, Fl. has a left over 2010 for 11,999. It is not the ABS I don't think. I will call them tomorrow. Trying to give my local dealer a shot but, it is not looking good. The wing is a great bike for what it was designed for, and I am in no hurry to get out of it and get robbed in the trade in process. So I am still looking.
2012 C14

Offline fmwhit

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 11:06:17 AM »
Here is what Troy City has posted on their web Site.  They are not referring to Honda, Yamaha, or Suzuki.  Yes this abt Kawi!!

Effective March 1st one of our manufacturers (we sell all 4 Japanese manufacturers and its not HONDA, SUZUKI or YAMAHA) is demanding all dealers post only manufacturers suggested retail pricing on websites or in any advertisement. We feel this policy is illegal and plan to challenge it. Until the issue is resolved we will not use any trademarks of that manufacturer (their name or the names of their models) so that we may post our sale pricing.

Offline fmwhit

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 11:13:17 AM »
Wendel if my memory serves correctly there was a member on the forum(was probably the old forum) that was from Fla. that purchased a bike from Cycle World down in NJ(Cycle World is the 2nd link that I sent you).  He flew in spent the night and picked the bike up the following morning and than drove it home.  I remember him saying how the bike was ready for pick up when he arrived and that he was very happy with the transaction including the pick up.

Good Luck,
Fred

Offline katata1100

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 11:17:20 AM »

So, I am looking for a deal now. Currently have one dealer that wants  $15989 out the door on 2011 black C!4 ABS with traction control etc.

Out the door is the meaningless term ever, it means all costs of bike before you leave the dealer. Why? well, you might pay sales tax, some states don't even charge it, that alone can change the price by over $1,000. How about registration fees? Some you pay now, others you go to dmw.
There is is only ONE relevent price to post- the total price of bike before taxes. Yup, TOTAL price. If they had on destination, set up fee, wax and polish, etc, add that padding to the cost of the bike.

Offline ronski

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 12:18:45 PM »
Wendel, you don't say where you are located but I am in S.E. Florida and have been "considering" selling my 2010 Connie.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested....
sadly bikeless..... but I'm working on that!

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 01:22:12 PM »
Out the door is the meaningless term ever, it means all costs of bike before you leave the dealer. Why? well, you might pay sales tax, some states don't even charge it, that alone can change the price by over $1,000. How about registration fees? Some you pay now, others you go to dmw.
There is is only ONE relevent price to post- the total price of bike before taxes. Yup, TOTAL price. If they had on destination, set up fee, wax and polish, etc, add that padding to the cost of the bike.

That is ridiculous.  The price one actually pays is the only one that counts.  And that includes the various fees, taxes, delivery etc.  Try writing the check without paying those fees and you'll not get too far.

It may be easier to compare pre-tax prices when shopping, but OTD is what will be spent.  Every time.

OT - I've been curious for a while.  What is a katata?
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 01:25:44 PM »
That is ridiculous.  The price one actually pays is the only one that counts.  And that includes the various fees, taxes, delivery etc.  Try writing the check without paying those fees and you'll not get too far.

It may be easier to compare pre-tax prices when shopping, but OTD is what will be spent.  Every time.

OT - I've been curious for a while.  What is a katata?

+1 The out-the-door price is the only price that matters.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline SPX

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 01:49:30 PM »
+1 The out-the-door price is the only price that matters.

True. However, if I tell you that I paid $12,800 out the door for a 2012 C14, you'll tell me it's a great deal. Problem is, that price is in Connecticut. The same bike, with the same "pre-tax" price would be $14,400 in California -- not nearly as good of a price, right?

I think that's the point that was trying to be made.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 04:22:17 PM »
Refreshing to see someone that DOESN'T want a black C14. ;D

He has good taste
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 04:58:36 PM »
Call these guys for the best price.  Do not pay any attention to the price in the auction.  READ the description.  I have always been treated 1st class by these guys:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2012-KAWASAKI-CONCOURS-ZG1400-ABS-CLEARANCE-SALE-/140714463140?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item20c33c4fa4#ht_7048wt_1165

Offline katata1100

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 08:26:07 AM »

Obviously, you don't know how to shop. As I said, fees vary from state to state, otd cost is the number you need to shop. You paid X amount for a bike in CO? Well hell, it might sound like a lot because your number included sales tax on it. I have no idea what the sales tax rate is there, but do know that if bought a bike there and brought it back to my state, I wouldn't pay a dine in tax to CO; I'd pay sales tax to my DMV.
Did you pay a registration bill at the dealer? Great, but in my state, we don't do that. As for delivery, setup, etc, I think I was very clear that those should be included with the price as should doc fees.  Again, lumping in sales tax is stupid as that varies not only from state to state, but from county to county and dealers have no control over that. It has no relevance in price comparing.

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 08:54:16 AM »
Shall we say our shopping styles are different?  I prefer to know what my out-of-pocket will be.  Bench racing/shopping holds little appeal for me.

You snipped my question - What is a katata?
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2012, 09:10:46 AM »

Obviously, you don't know how to shop. As I said, fees vary from state to state, otd cost is the number you need to shop. You paid X amount for a bike in CO? Well hell, it might sound like a lot because your number included sales tax on it. I have no idea what the sales tax rate is there, but do know that if bought a bike there and brought it back to my state, I wouldn't pay a dine in tax to CO; I'd pay sales tax to my DMV.
Did you pay a registration bill at the dealer? Great, but in my state, we don't do that. As for delivery, setup, etc, I think I was very clear that those should be included with the price as should doc fees.  Again, lumping in sales tax is stupid as that varies not only from state to state, but from county to county and dealers have no control over that. It has no relevance in price comparing.

I'm confused, it seems that the bolded statements above contradict each other.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2012, 09:18:41 AM »
It can be confusing and misleading to some of us looking at what people in other states are paying for vehicles. Taxes and registration fees vary greatly from state- to- state so someone from, say, New Hampshire might report buying a vehicle for XX,XXX but that price will never include any sales tax as there is none in that state. Someone in RI buying the identical vehicle at the identical price will pay an additional 7% in sales tax, either at the time and point of sale or when registering the vehicle.

So while the total cost (including any local fees) is certainly important, it is also important to note that what someone else in a different state paid for specific vehicle may not be what someone in another state will pay.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline wendel

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 10:07:37 AM »
Thanks for the replies. Ronski I sent you a personal message and contact information.

I am in Gainesville, Fl. Sales tax is 6%. I am only paying $27.00 in sales tax as my trade will nearly be paid off. They have reduced most of the fees, and there is a $184.00 fee for tags, title and registration. They are using the $1,000.00 rebate to pay the fees. I am not fooled there. They are trying to sell their bike as close to retail as possible. The negative equity is minor. I know farkles do not add a lot to resale value but, I will not just give the wing away. It is a great bike for what it is designed for and I am not unhappy with it. So a dealer is not going to beable to just throw a number at me and hook me. I made a good deal when I had the 08 C14. I just miss some aspects of the C14. My ideal situation would be to have one of each.
I did not start this thread to create a ruckus about OTD pricing. I hope this thread does not go the same route as many of the threads on the Goldwing forum where a thread will turn into nothing but a bashing fest.
2012 C14