Author Topic: Thinking about new C14  (Read 12404 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Thinking about new C14
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 04:50:35 AM »
+1 in the garage.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 03:51:50 PM »
+1...  I was out this weekend and nearly went over on a twig probably no larger than a pencil.  My boot went on top of it and it rolled.  Thank goodness I didn't.  I have done the oil dance a number of times.  I hate it when that happens.

Hmm, we need to invent some wheels on pneumatic legs that automatically flip down, quickly, to stabilize the bike if it goes over X percent tilt at a low speed.   Not sure it is practical, though.  But it would be great as an automatic kickstand, too!  Only thing I have seen like them are on those "fully enclosed" two-wheel motorcycle/car things.

I really need tip-over protection :(
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline wendel

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 03:53:18 PM »
Just got home with a 2012 C14. Dealer made me a pretty good deal. I had an offer that was only $200.00 less but I would had to ride to Atlanta. Dealer in Atlanta told me he could not make it worth my while and I could not find anyone that could. This was a pretty strong deal I feel. I am not naive enough to think they did not make any money. Once they start replacing parts from me riding the wing like a sport bike in the mountains, I do not know if they will make any money. The footpegs were ground to a point, the exhaust cowls on both side were dented in from the suspension bottoming out in the mountains, all four crash bars were flat spotted. I actually got far enough over in a curve that the rear tire lost contact with the road. That is fun when you can get it that far over and no guard rail in sight. They made an offer which was pretty good and not being dissatisfied totally with the wing, I countered with an offer I figured they refuse and I would beable to justify keeping the wing. They accepted and now I can ride more sportier roads. Maybe when things get better I will get a wing and pull the C14 on a trailer with the wing to the mountains. So farkling I go.

They saved me quite a bit on insurance so now I have a 2012 Blk C14.
2012 C14

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2012, 03:58:44 PM »
+1...  I was out this weekend and nearly went over on a twig probably no larger than a pencil.  My boot went on top of it and it rolled.  Thank goodness I didn't.  I have done the oil dance a number of times.  I hate it when that happens.

I cannot tell you how many times that has happened to me!

Offline SPX

« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2012, 04:59:31 PM »
Hmm, we need to invent some wheels on pneumatic legs that automatically flip down, quickly, to stabilize the bike if it goes over X percent tilt at a low speed.   Not sure it is practical, though.  But it would be great as an automatic kickstand, too!  Only thing I have seen like them are on those "fully enclosed" two-wheel motorcycle/car things.

I really need tip-over protection :(

I think that's the basic idea of these: http://www.epiflex.com/sidekicks.html

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2012, 05:11:02 PM »

:o

Why not just get one of these... http://www.scooter.com/

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2012, 05:24:37 PM »

OMG, not quite what I was thinking!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc