Author Topic: MCEnterprise Guards - GOING, GOING........GONE! DONE! FINISHED!  (Read 86951 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: MCEnterprise Guards - GOING, GOING........GONE! DONE! FINISHED!
« Reply #300 on: March 31, 2012, 05:58:27 AM »
Did I do something wrong?  I had to enlarge the holes in the pegs for the screw to slide through. Otherwise installation was simple, luckily I had access to a grinder for the heat shield. As far as the pegs always being down it seems they were always in that position anyways. It will get some getting used to how big the front gaurds look!

That's strange, the screws slid right into the holes (easy boys) easily for mine.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #301 on: March 31, 2012, 06:08:14 AM »
Mine did too after I spent 20 minutes looking for the damn detent bearing that jumped out and rolled away.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #302 on: March 31, 2012, 06:26:28 AM »
Ah yes, the detent bearing ploy..  Especially when you aren't expecting it.  Make sure the metal detent bracket goes back the right way as well before you put everything back together.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #303 on: March 31, 2012, 06:59:19 AM »
Mine did too after I spent 20 minutes looking for the damn detent bearing that jumped out and rolled away.

LOL!  I was SURE I was going to lose mine, once I discovered they were there.  It seems mine had enough factory grease in them that it held together pretty well.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #304 on: March 31, 2012, 07:10:53 AM »

The attack on the platform where passengers had been turned upside down!! maybe it was an oversight of the designer! now you know??

Are you asking about the storage pod on my Sargent seat?  That is a lockable storage "box" that takes the place of the passenger seat.  I can not and will not ever attempt to carry a passenger, so this storage pod takes what is, otherwise, wasted space and makes it useful.  I REALLY love the Sargent "Pod", it even has LED lights in it.  I just wish it were bigger.

What I see in general to your bike with accessories designed for the worse at the largest driving posture .. example: almost all the seats lowered,

I do not think you are the dwarves!

Think again.  I am 5'7" and have an unusually long torso and short legs and arms.  My clothing inseam is 26.5".  In order to even hold the bike upright when it is stopped, it was necessary to have a lower seat, taller boots, and lower the bike (suspension).  It was also necessary to raise/push back the handlebars.  It is still not low enough, but at least it is rideable, and it is the best I can do with what is out there.

If I could buy a powerful sports touring bike (like the Concours) that had a several inch lower seat, then that would be great.  Imagine- they could offer a TALL SEAT as standard for everyone else.  But there appears to be a conspiracy by designers who assume everyone has a 32"+ inseam.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=260.0
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

MGvalerio

« Reply #305 on: March 31, 2012, 08:10:42 AM »
La mia avventura finisce  :-[ qui,peccato per la :P lingua...io scrivo una cosa :-\ e voi non capite >:( , colpa di GOOGLE  >:( traduttore.

Io capisco  ;D tutto di ciò che voi  scrivete ;) ..in questo caso Google ;D traduttore fa la sua giusta parte.

Buona strada a tutti. ;D

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #306 on: April 01, 2012, 05:39:31 AM »
Are you asking about the storage pod on my Sargent seat?  That is a lockable storage "box" that takes the place of the passenger seat.  I can not and will not ever attempt to carry a passenger, so this storage pod takes what is, otherwise, wasted space and makes it useful.  I REALLY love the Sargent "Pod", it even has LED lights in it.  I just wish it were bigger.

Think again.  I am 5'7" and have an unusually long torso and short legs and arms.  My clothing inseam is 26.5".  In order to even hold the bike upright when it is stopped, it was necessary to have a lower seat, taller boots, and lower the bike (suspension).  It was also necessary to raise/push back the handlebars.  It is still not low enough, but at least it is rideable, and it is the best I can do with what is out there.

If I could buy a powerful sports touring bike (like the Concours) that had a several inch lower seat, then that would be great.  Imagine- they could offer a TALL SEAT as standard for everyone else.  But there appears to be a conspiracy by designers who assume everyone has a 32"+ inseam.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=260.0

I think that MG was talking about the mounts for the rear MCE bars being upside down where they mount at the passenger pegs. If you'll look at that point, MCE might have been able to turn the mount around so that the lil support bar connected under the passenger peg, that way the peg could still have been folded up when not in use.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

MGvalerio

« Reply #307 on: April 01, 2012, 10:55:37 AM »
I think that MG was talking about the mounts for the rear MCE bars being upside down where they mount at the passenger pegs. If you'll look at that point, MCE might have been able to turn the mount around so that the lil support bar connected under the passenger peg, that way the peg could still have been folded up when not in use.

OK.....Giusto   ;D
OK .. just right. ;D

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #308 on: April 03, 2012, 04:48:20 PM »
Got these installed today. 20 minutes with drilling.

My Buell pegs fold up some, but I do not think they will stay while riding.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #309 on: April 03, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »

With drilling?  The holes where the pin went through were a tad too small for the new bolts?  (Mine went on with no drilling)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #310 on: April 03, 2012, 04:54:01 PM »
With drilling?  The holes where the pin went through were a tad too small for the new bolts?  (Mine went one with no drilling)

Yes, just a tad. I could of threaded them through but that would of taken way longer.

I saw some people drilled and some didn't. I wonder if that is a difference in year.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #311 on: April 03, 2012, 04:54:59 PM »
'08 here. No drill.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #312 on: April 03, 2012, 05:12:54 PM »
Yes, just a tad. I could of threaded them through but that would of taken way longer.

I saw some people drilled and some didn't. I wonder if that is a difference in year.

Will Jay still ride with you?   ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #313 on: April 03, 2012, 05:18:57 PM »
Will Jay still ride with you?   ;D

Not on the back, my feet are too big, those things would get in my way...  ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #314 on: April 03, 2012, 05:19:50 PM »

So 3 beers in your case then huh...  ;D

Offline Conrad

Offline wendel

« Reply #316 on: April 04, 2012, 08:00:54 AM »
Mine were tight enough to just get the threaded part of the screw in, I had to use a socket and it cut threads into the bracket. The unthreaded part of the bolt was too fat to go through, so I also had to drill my mounting holes out. Mine in a 2012. Maybe as time went on there was a slight change in the diameter of the mounting pin and the hole was not as big. I guess the only to tell if anyone was curious enough would be to check the diameter of the pins of someone who had to drill and who did not. The holes on my bike definitely had to be drilled out just a tad.
2012 C14

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
« Reply #317 on: April 06, 2012, 10:59:09 AM »
Mine were tight enough to just get the threaded part of the screw in, I had to use a socket and it cut threads into the bracket. The unthreaded part of the bolt was too fat to go through, so I also had to drill my mounting holes out. Mine in a 2012. Maybe as time went on there was a slight change in the diameter of the mounting pin and the hole was not as big. I guess the only to tell if anyone was curious enough would be to check the diameter of the pins of someone who had to drill and who did not. The holes on my bike definitely had to be drilled out just a tad.

Same here. 2011.
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)

Offline DGOLD

« Reply #318 on: April 08, 2012, 07:51:30 PM »
I had a thought . Can we use these bars to tie down the bike in the event it needs to be towed?
1995 c10(gone), 2001 c10(passed on to son),
2010 c14(current mistress)

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #319 on: April 08, 2012, 08:21:35 PM »
I had a thought . Can we use these bars to tie down the bike in the event it needs to be towed?

Absolutely!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!