Author Topic: Buzzing/ rattling sound 5-9.5rpm 2011 connie 14  (Read 2037 times)

Offline jamcou2020

Buzzing/ rattling sound 5-9.5rpm 2011 connie 14
« on: February 28, 2012, 02:19:33 PM »
Hey guys Im noticing a buzzing/rattiling sound from 5-9.5rpm on my bike does I did the 6oo mile service changed the oil check fastners and did the gear oil a week ago. She didnt have that problem then. She now has 1300 miles on her does anyone know what could cause this?

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Buzzing/ rattling sound 5-9.5rpm 2011 connie 14
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 02:24:29 PM »
Try turning the KiPass fob around in your pocket....

OK, the real problem is probably the dash vibrating. It happens on C-14s occasionally. The usual fix is to lift the dash and put some type of soft shims behind it to dampen the vibration. Of course as it is a 2011 C-14, then it should be taken care of under warranty.

Brian

Hey guys Im noticing a buzzing/rattiling sound from 5-9.5rpm on my bike does I did the 6oo mile service changed the oil check fastners and did the gear oil a week ago. She didnt have that problem then. She now has 1300 miles on her does anyone know what could cause this?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline jamcou2020

Re: Buzzing/ rattling sound 5-9.5rpm 2011 connie 14
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 02:29:30 PM »
Try turning the KiPass fob around in your pocket....

OK, the real problem is probably the dash vibrating. It happens on C-14s occasionally. The usual fix is to lift the dash and put some type of soft shims behind it to dampen the vibration. Of course as it is a 2011 C-14, then it should be taken care of under warranty.

Brian
Great thank you I will schedule an appointment on my next day off.