Author Topic: Someone told me "photography is not only about pretty ladies and champagne"  (Read 7467 times)

Offline Boomer343

Re: Someone told me "photography is not only about pretty ladies and champagne"
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2012, 09:47:55 AM »
Old photographers advice.....don't work with children or animals.....if they don't cooperate it's your fault if you do get a good shot it was just lucky!

Knew some photogs who would put a sedative into the water bowl or in a sugar candy....and that was for the kids....no really for the critters....VBG

I liked the background, reminded me of what would happen when I would run the film projector too slow when I did the "light show" for a band.

Combine the film projector with an overhead projector that had a pyrex dish with water, food coloring, light oil and dishwashing soap in it and you could get effects that wowed the girls at school dances.....yup.... I'm with the band....LOL

I think you are well on your way to getting your Photographers Badge......time, money and talent is all it takes....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2012, 11:44:31 AM »
Don't forget KIPASS!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2012, 06:19:00 PM »
Old photographers advice.....don't work with children or animals.....if they don't cooperate it's your fault if you do get a good shot it was just lucky!

Knew some photogs who would put a sedative into the water bowl or in a sugar candy....and that was for the kids....no really for the critters....VBG

I liked the background, reminded me of what would happen when I would run the film projector too slow when I did the "light show" for a band.

Combine the film projector with an overhead projector that had a pyrex dish with water, food coloring, light oil and dishwashing soap in it and you could get effects that wowed the girls at school dances.....yup.... I'm with the band....LOL

I think you are well on your way to getting your Photographers Badge......time, money and talent is all it takes....

Thanks!  Still have a few more college classes to complete, in "Studio Lighting Advanced" now and its a blast  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2012, 07:57:42 PM »
That is certainly a fair shake. The rat has a better chance in the woods than it would have in the aquarium tank with the snake.

Brian

Thank guys,

KIRBY, that rat in the pic is the luckiest RAT alive! I picked it up from a pet store for a couple of bux. It was destined to become snake food, (since it was the only pure white rat it was chosen for the shot). Afterwards, it was set free in the woods to determine its own destiny. Maybe it'll still be a feeder for a snake but it has a chance at least =)

I'm having ideas of a cute model dressed snake charmer enticing a snack to come out of PAINT next...I'm working on the thoughts....
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Son of Pappy

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2012, 10:48:12 PM »
That is certainly a fair shake. The rat has a better chance in the woods than it would have in the aquarium tank with the snake.

Brian
I was thinking Kirby need a mate 8)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena

This pic was selected as "Image of the Month" at the art gallery that created a canvas of it for me. Our local photog pro's have work done there, they see a lot of pics a month. I'm stoked!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
You should be....you do good work.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Thank you sir =)

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
This pic was selected as "Image of the Month" at the art gallery that created a canvas of it for me. Our local photog pro's have work done there, they see a lot of pics a month. I'm stoked!

So...is this canvas hanging anywhere for us mere commoners to see?
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
So...is this canvas hanging anywhere for us mere commoners to see?

There's a canvas of this pic hanging in the art gallery and one in my living room, you're welcome to either place. But if you drop by here instead of the art gallery I'll have a cold one waiting for you of course

Offline Boomer343

Steve did you end up leaving the background as shown for the gallery canvas?

You had said you were going to clean it up.....I liked it this way.

Don't let the image slip away, keep your name on it front and center. The rats long gone and won't be putting up any fuss!

Now get back to those women....and the rats that love them.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Thanks, I did fix the glare in the background for canvas.  In the framed pic I left it.

Thanks for all your critique, its appreciated =)

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
There's a canvas of this pic hanging in the art gallery and one in my living room, you're welcome to either place. But if you drop by here instead of the art gallery I'll have a cold one waiting for you of course

Maybe instead of an RTE, we can have an art appreciation day. Just kidding on that, I think.

I'll hafta figure on when to get over there, kinda scheduled up for a while.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)