Author Topic: Am I to young for a concours???  (Read 15856 times)

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
Re: Am I to young for a concours???
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2012, 01:12:19 AM »
I'm 40 and don't have my Connie yet "wife wont let me" but I do run around the yard with my arms extended out in front of me making noises like VROOOOOOOM....screeeech...and every now and then a BooooWaHHHHH.....bubbbmmmm pop pop... I think I'm wearing her down. May have pushed C14 arrival up from may to march! Cant wait ....Ride what makes ya feel good!
:rotflmao:
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2012, 04:43:47 AM »
I'm 40 and don't have my Connie yet "wife wont let me" but I do run around the yard with my arms extended out in front of me making noises like VROOOOOOOM....screeeech...and every now and then a BooooWaHHHHH.....bubbbmmmm pop pop... I think I'm wearing her down. May have pushed C14 arrival up from may to march! Cant wait ....Ride what makes ya feel good!

No ABS?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2012, 04:59:10 AM »

I was about that same age when I bought my first bike, a GL500.  I told my wife that I needed a change.  It was either a mistress or a MC.  She went with the bike.  Neither of us has regretted that decision.  Little did she know, however, that the bike has become my mistress.  After buying it I would take very long rides enjoying the experience.  Come to find out in later years she thought I was having an affair.....I was, of course, with the bike.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MidlifeCrisis

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2012, 07:10:25 AM »
I was about that same age when I bought my first bike, a GL500.  I told my wife that I needed a change.  It was either a mistress or a MC.  She went with the bike.  Neither of us has regretted that decision.  Little did she know, however, that the bike has become my mistress.  After buying it I would take very long rides enjoying the experience.  Come to find out in later years she thought I was having an affair.....I was, of course, with the bike.
She must be glad you didn't get one of these:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:16:56 AM by VirginiaJim »
'09 Concours ABS, Candy Diamond Red
'08 Aprilia RSV1000R Factory, Red Lion
'05 GSXR600 (track bike)
'08 Suzuki S83 (selling)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2012, 08:17:45 AM »
A little over the top....midlife, for here... 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2012, 08:50:49 AM »

Since I had to use my imagination on the link that was posted by MidLifeCrisis, I assumed the worst and laughed pretty "hard".   ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline MidlifeCrisis

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »
Oops, my bad.  I just assumed that what was kosher for broadcast TV was okay here too.  Then again, SNL does push the limits.  That "car commercial" spoof was one of the funniest I can remember.
'05 GSXR600 (track bike)
'08 Suzuki S83 (selling)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2012, 02:01:12 PM »
Since I had to use my imagination on the link that was posted by MidLifeCrisis, I assumed the worst and laughed pretty "hard".   ;D

I had to use my imagination too and saw something totally different...   :P
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2012, 02:06:46 PM »

???  I missed it!  :banghead:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2012, 02:11:03 PM »
Yes, you did...   ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2012, 02:14:49 PM »
 :-X   :grouphug:   ;)

Offline MidlifeCrisis

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2012, 02:44:47 PM »
Anyhoo, since I was guilty of taking this thread too far astray, I will try to redeem myself and steer it back on topic...

A little more than a week of owning my C14, I've already met up with 3 other C14s on my commuter route.  One of them was exactly the same Candy Red '09 as mine.  One I had a pleasant chat with at the local CycleGear store parking lot, and the gentlemen was older than I am.  The other two I rode together only briefly but "appear" to be older than I am.  So all in all, it's nice to feel youngish amongs my fellow C14 riders.

Definitely better than feeling like an old man on the ZX10R all leathered up and barely cracking the speed limit, when these twenty-sumthin's wail by at 90mph on their 600 supersports with jeans, sneakers and T-shirt flapping in the wind.
'05 GSXR600 (track bike)
'08 Suzuki S83 (selling)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2012, 02:57:45 PM »
Anyhoo, since I was guilty of taking this thread too far astray, I will try to redeem myself and steer it back on topic...

Don't worry about that, it happens all the time.  In fact, we encourage it.

Offline DaveO

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2012, 04:28:41 PM »
it IS  a good 2 up bike .
 I never thought it was very sporty though.
Although it does have good power, just not suitable for twisties .For me anyway. Just to damn heavy.
Lighter is just so much more fun.I realize many love this bike I just could not bond.

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2012, 04:59:28 PM »
I agree on with the bike not being light,  but in most cases there is no real disadvantage to it being heavy.  Obviously it wont snap around like a supersport, but wind coming off of an 18 wheeler has very little effect on the bike.  The handling is amazing...just more effort needed than my sv650.

voileauciel

« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2012, 01:19:49 PM »
I'm 27, and was the youngest Concours rider at the 2011 national. I ride a 2000 C10, and I'd argue that that's more of an old man's bike than yours! (Still love it though!)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2012, 01:24:02 PM »
No.

voileauciel

« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2012, 06:47:57 PM »
No.

No? Non? Pourquoi "no?"

What is thiiiiis? HEY!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2012, 06:54:30 PM »
Sorry about that chief.  I was responding to the OP.   Had a brane freeze.   27 is a fine age.  I was 27 once and that was over 27 years ago.