Author Topic: New brake pad questions  (Read 7064 times)

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
Re: New brake pad questions
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2012, 06:38:04 PM »
I don't notice any more noise. I can't tell yet about rotor wear but my rotors are already nearly worn out from two sets of OEM pads.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2012, 07:50:27 PM »
The OE brake pads on all year C-14s are HH rated pads, as are all aftermarket pads to the best of my knowledge.

The '08 and '09 front pads were softer but had better initial bite and were perhaps a bit more progressive (more brake pressure equals <even more> braking action). The 2010 and later front pads are harder, have less bite and make less brake dust on the front wheel then the earlier pads. The later pads are also less expensive than the earlier pads. EBC pads felt about the same to me as the 2010 and later pads. All of this is per my experience on an original '08 C-14. When I again replace the front pads I will again use the 2010 (or later) brake pads as they perform about the same as EBC, cost about the same and have a distinct advantage with the bike under warranty should the brake rotors warp. Kawasaki may well ask what brand of pad is being used should they be asked to replace the rotors under warranty- they did ask me and I was told that OEM was the 'right' answer.

Brian

How do the hh do on the rotors, are they harder on them than say oe?
Is the noise worse with the hh ? Went oe on my replacement rears and they sure are proud of those little pads. Planing for the fronts soon.
Thanks guys
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline wendel

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2012, 05:44:14 AM »
Dealerships will frequently use after market parts with the customer knowing any better. Motorcycle and Car Dealerships.
2012 C14