Author Topic: seat cover and other farkles  (Read 1192 times)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
seat cover and other farkles
« on: February 03, 2012, 04:46:37 AM »
Farkling is a pathetic activity. It's for nerds who live in their mother's basement who think they know better than the manufacturer in terms of functionality, looks or whatever.
And I just got myself a gold membership!  ;D
Thing is, winter is too long here in Munich (>5 minutes) so in the last month I've perused every possible thread and came up with a list of... ahem... needs to fulfill:
- MRA X-Creen spoiler for the windshield (I have a GIVI at the moment) with XCC mounting hardware, to avoid drilling the screen and also to be able to mount it in different screens (Germany)
- Zteve's heat isolation thingies (USA)
- Fender extender from Pyramid (UK)
- Radiator Guard from R&G (UK)
- Top Sellerie seat cover (France), as following (for those curious, check to their website and configure it, so you get a picture of how it looks):
  Colors and materials
  Front of seat : SEL065
  Front strip : SEL065
  Seats : SEL065
  Strips : SEL005
  Edging : SEL090
  Stitching and embroiderery
  3 cm stitching line : Black
  Font : Serpentine
  Inscription thread colour : Silver
  Text : 1400GTR
  Designs on seats
  Designs : no
  Shape, GelĀ®, seat heater
  Shape : standard
  GelĀ® : none
  Seat heaters : none

I didn't order gel or the deluxe option because of a) price, b) I already put seat heating on the OEM seat and c) I'm actually happy with my OEM seat, and living in Europe it's rather seldom that I do more than 400 miles a day, in which case I don't think a 500 euros seat will improve comfort as much as it will hurt my wallet, so I use to have a 1/2 hour walk instead and back on the road.

I should be receiving most of these things by the end of this week, and as soon as temps get warmer I'll put them on. Seat cover will be here in 3 weeks tops and I can do the tacking on my leaving room, so no problem there, I hope. I did some seat cover tacking in the past and hopefully I don't screw this one up...  :o
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:56:17 AM by martin_14 »
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: seat cover and other farkles
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 10:43:06 AM »
Farkling is a pathetic activity. It's for nerds who live in their mother's basement who think they know better than the manufacturer in terms of functionality, looks or whatever.

Mama!! Bring me down some more cookies, I'm out!!

:)