Author Topic: Should I cancel my Muzzy order?  (Read 5214 times)

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
Should I cancel my Muzzy order?
« on: February 02, 2012, 07:05:35 PM »
I have a Full Muzzy Exhaust on order for past 3 weeks...  They keep pushing the date back for delivery and I'm getting fustrated.  I'm tempted to cancel the order and go with a ZX14 system of some type that would save me a little cash and allow me to move forward instead of keep listening to them say sorry I know we promised this week but looks like next week then again sorry looks like next week etc...

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Should I cancel my Muzzy order?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 07:10:53 PM »
Go with Area P!!!!!!
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
I had the exact same thing happen with another exhaust maker.  I went with a ZX14 Muzzy full exhaust (single sided).  I couldn't be happier and I saved almost $200 compared to the C14 specific system. 

I used 58cycle and they have fast shipping and great customer service.

http://store.58cycle.com/product_p/muzzy%20full%20oval%20zx14.htm
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 07:43:28 PM »
I'd wait bro, trust me you'll love it. All good things in life you have to wait for, sometimes longer than others...  ;)

Offline timbo

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 07:49:00 PM »
I'd wait bro, trust me you'll love it. All good things in life you have to wait for, sometimes longer than others...  ;)

I agree with Jay, they are worth the wait!

Offline KawiG

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 07:49:56 PM »
Patience is a virtue that rarely goes unrewarded 8)
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 07:59:39 PM »
I like the looks of the dual system but at the end of the day I want the most "usable" HP and Torque possible...  I ride with ZX10's, R1's, Busa's, B-king's, a few ZX14's, etc... all the time and I want to do everything possible to ensure they don't leave me in the dust.  I have been doing a pretty good job this far hanging with them but there is never a such thing as to much power in my opinion.  I have even been toying with the Turbo option or a stroker motor....

Anyways I heard the Area P does put down the most power with the least amount of weight...  Does anyone know if this is true and what the difference is in power and weight?

Offline marku8a

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 08:52:03 PM »
I am going with Area P. I called to place my order and was told that they make these small quantities and are usually "pre-sold" by the time that they make the next batch. I am on the list for the next run due out at the end of the month. No hurry for me.

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 09:07:21 PM »
Go with Area P!!!!!!

INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 09:18:39 PM »
Anyways I heard the Area P does put down the most power with the least amount of weight...  Does anyone know if this is true and what the difference is in power and weight?

Any power and weight difference will be extremely minimal on the C14 IMO...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2012, 09:22:50 AM »
I agree with J, a couple of pounds here or there isn't going to make that much difference. That said, go with Area P!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2012, 12:13:06 PM »
INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  INDEED,ALSO,AND SECOND THAT!!!
happy trails     2016 c14

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 12:34:08 PM »
I like the looks of the dual system but at the end of the day I want the most "usable" HP and Torque possible...  I ride with ZX10's, R1's, Busa's, B-king's, a few ZX14's, etc... all the time and I want to do everything possible to ensure they don't leave me in the dust.  I have been doing a pretty good job this far hanging with them but there is never a such thing as to much power in my opinion.  I have even been toying with the Turbo option or a stroker motor....

I've always heard that a 4-2-1 system is best for HP and torque so that might give the Area P a bit of an advantage over the dual Muzzy.  The Area P system is ridiculously light and I think it saves 21 lbs over the stock system which is pretty significant on any bike IMHO.
'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 02:38:41 PM »
The area P and Muzzy look similar and are within a pound of each other in weight. 

Offline tyler1015

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 03:12:44 PM »
I have a zx14 yoshimura exhaust and wouldnt trade it for anything. Plus i saved a quite a bit of money.

Offline KawiG

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 03:22:29 PM »
I have a $2,000.00 cannondale and I would bet Lance Armstrong could outrun me on a Big Wheel... ???
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 04:16:35 PM »
The area P and Muzzy look similar and are within a pound of each other in weight.

I thought the P was only a single sided system?  ???

The Muzzys is a dual system, which looks much better IMO...  8)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 07:29:02 PM »

I thought the P was only a single sided system?  ???

The Muzzys is a dual system, which looks much better IMO...  8)

I should have been more clear, the Muzzys ZX14 single sided system on my bike is within a pound of the AreaP system.  I love the Muzzys dual system but I couldn't bring myself to spend over double the money for more weight and the same power.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 08:16:15 PM »
I should have been more clear, the Muzzys ZX14 single sided system on my bike is within a pound of the AreaP system.  I love the Muzzys dual system but I couldn't bring myself to spend over double the money for more weight and the same power.

Yep, I thought that's what you meant Jeremy. Just teeing you up to clarify for the rest of the folks...  :)

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »

So the price is another issue as you mentioned but not as big as MSRP would suggest.  I would be getting the Full Muzzy Carbon Dual system for about $1100 and the Area P would cost me $995 for the Carbon.  Area P =MSRP where I can get Muzzy for allot less then MSRP.  Decisions decisions....  I also found out today that I would have to wait until end of Feburary for the Area P :(  I really wish Muzzy had a dyno on there Exhaust so I could at least compare that with the Area P not that I would 100% trust a manufactures Dyno but at least it would give me a little more info to help me make my decision.