Author Topic: Wow!!!  (Read 14651 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Wow!!!
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 04:09:19 AM »
I helped talk him into getting it!!!! :chugbeer:

Have a cookie.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 07:47:07 AM »
She's by far the biggest bike I've ridden, and I had to concentrate and take her seriously.

Welcome to a forum chock full of big girl lovers.
Will

Offline Conrad

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 09:03:52 AM »
Welcome and congrats to the new guys!

That's very sad to read that the freakin dealer doesn't even know how much air pressure to put in the tires or that they should fill it with coolant. I would have had a nice talk with the manager at the dealer that sold the bike with low coolant. If they can't even get the MINOR things right how much confidence can you have that they can to the big stuff if/when the time comes?

I'll bet the batteries are in backwards as well.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 04:53:29 PM »
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 05:44:18 PM »
Thank you, I will!  May have a cookie as well.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2012, 06:22:30 PM »
Thank you, I will!  May have a cookie as well.

I'll take one of each if you're serving Poke!  :P

Offline rush2112

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2012, 07:52:06 AM »
Congrats on the new bike!!!!!!!!!!
 :chugbeer:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Offline backoutonthehighway

• More cowbell!
    • Back Out On The Highway
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2012, 09:35:39 AM »
As the owner of a black 2011, I have to commend you on your fine taste in aesthetics and machinery. But there's so much for you do to do now, there's no time to rest on your past victories. You need stuff! Bags and lights and gadgets and new tires!    ;D

+1
 8)
2011 Kawasaki Concours 14 | 2006 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan Classic | 2003 Yamaha Star 650 (Sold)

Offline Toaster

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2012, 10:13:21 AM »
Welcome, Great ride. I have 09 Red (fastest colour).
Can't get the grin off my face.
Be safe and have fun
Cheers

Offline Axxman

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2012, 12:13:19 PM »
Welcome, Great ride. I have 09 Red (fastest colour).
Can't get the grin off my face.
Be safe and have fun
Cheers

+1 ;D
Jay
09 Concours 14 ABS
Candy Diamond Red

Offline booger

« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2012, 06:41:22 PM »
Welcome Boot.
  +1 on the bike. This is my 15th motorcycle, and the best one yet. Lots of good people here and help when you need it. Get ready to Farkle up!

27th bike for me and the C-14 is definately in the top 3.

Offline stlheadake

• Probably not my smartest day...
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2012, 11:17:23 AM »
Congrats on your bike!  If ever you need help rationalizing or coming up with excuses for farkles, this place is it!  Your first post said it ALL for me!  That is exactly what I felt, and said everytime I got off!  My first day on mine was 750 miles in the rain all the way home!  And NOT ONCE did I have even the slightest regret!

27th bike for me and the C-14 is definately in the top 3.

WHEW!  This is my 7th, and I am pretty tickled.  I'm even happier knowing that I found it so soon!  I had thought I might want a land yacht for cross country touring, but I've learned therwise...

What do you call those three wheeled Goldwings?....Chicken Wings

08 C14 WOW what a bike!
00 XR650r Hare Scrambler

Offline FireIdiot

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 09:45:46 PM »
Congrats on your new bike. I can't wait to buy one it's killing me.

I took the wife to the dealer on Saturday and had her sit on a C14, FJR, and a Can-Am Spyder. She liked the Can-Am the best because of the seat and back rest. I beat her all they way home until she gave in to the C14. Her words were, "The Concours feels like it has more room on the passenger seat, and it looks mean compared to the FJR."

I knew there was a reason I loved this girl so much. I'll have enough cash saved within the next 30-45 days to purchase one outright. I can't wait.
1999 Yamaha Zuma 50 (Camping Scooter)
2010 C14 ABS Blue
Member Red Knights - IL Chapter 21

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2012, 09:51:56 PM »
Congrats on your new bike. I can't wait to buy one it's killing me.

I took the wife to the dealer on Saturday and had her sit on a C14, FJR, and a Can-Am Spyder. She liked the Can-Am the best because of the seat and back rest. I beat her all they way home until she gave in to the C14. Her words were, "The Concours feels like it has more room on the passenger seat, and it looks mean compared to the FJR."

I knew there was a reason I loved this girl so much. I'll have enough cash saved within the next 30-45 days to purchase one outright. I can't wait.

The FRJ just can't hold a candle to the C-14.  It is slower, has less features, worse build, lower tech, and a MUCH wimpier warranty, and doesn't even cost less.  As for the back rest- you can add that to the C-14 pretty easily, even integrated into a trunk...

As for the Can-Am, I really don't understand the purpose of it.  All the disadvantages of both a car and bike, with the benefits of neither.  If that is your market- better to just get a tiny convertible sports car!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline FireIdiot

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2012, 09:56:55 PM »
The only advantage to a Can-Am that I can see is not having to put your feet down at a stop light! It's not the bike for me. But at least I can say I have sat on it. I could see it being an alternative to a Goldwing. The dealer (Ted's Motorcycle World in Alton, IL) they do test rides every Sunday when it's not raining if I wanted to ride it.
1999 Yamaha Zuma 50 (Camping Scooter)
2010 C14 ABS Blue
Member Red Knights - IL Chapter 21

Offline soeboot44

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2012, 10:04:29 PM »
Ok....!  3 days into ownership and still very much.....WOW!!!  Awesome weekend here in So-Cal.  Mid 70's and no wind to speak of.  Managed to knock out a few hundred miles.  Still getting used to the breaks....I'm not sure how I feel about them....yet.  Safe to say a little goes a long way.  Did not really get over 75/80 mph.  Felt the vibrations around 4000 rpm.  Does that smooth out eventually??

Ok....last thing:  Almost dumped it pulling into a parking spot.  Lesson learned.   8)

More to follow...

CA 'EY3'

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2012, 11:43:54 PM »
Ok....!  3 days into ownership and still very much.....WOW!!!  Awesome weekend here in So-Cal.  Mid 70's and no wind to speak of.  Managed to knock out a few hundred miles.  Still getting used to the breaks....I'm not sure how I feel about them....yet.  Safe to say a little goes a long way.  Did not really get over 75/80 mph.  Felt the vibrations around 4000 rpm.  Does that smooth out eventually??

Ok....last thing:  Almost dumped it pulling into a parking spot.  Lesson learned.   8)

More to follow...

there was tons of info (or at least possible causes and possible solutions) in the old crashed forum. My particular one (it wasn't a theory, just a fact) was that I had vibes at 4k RPM that were converted into a buzz by 2 things:
- the lack of a 1,5 mm washer on the bar weights,
- the lack of a better fit between the black triangular cover at the front of the bike, between the headlights and the windshield. Solved with some thick tape and patience.
Now she's as smooth as they come!  8)
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2012, 05:40:46 PM »
Felt the vibrations around 4000 rpm.  Does that smooth out eventually??

I don't seem to have vibrations at all, regardless of RPM.

Yeah, that is hard to get used to- the C-14 is pretty top heavy and at low speed, you can lose it pretty easily (especially if you are small, like me)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Z71

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2012, 08:33:02 PM »
The FRJ just can't hold a candle to the C-14.  It is slower, has less features,

I don't know.  I would consider absence of KiPass and crappy TPS system a plus.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2012, 04:39:32 AM »
I don't know.  I would consider absence of KiPass and crappy TPS system a plus.

And you own a C14 because...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn