Author Topic: Wow!!!  (Read 14652 times)

Offline soeboot44

Wow!!!
« on: February 02, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »
Greetings!  This is my first post on the forum.  Looked for the 'new guy' topic but failed to find it.  Anyway, I just got home from my dealer on my new C14.  Wow!  My last bike doesnt even come close!

Anyway, happy to be here and I  look forward to picking your brains with questions.

8)
CA 'EY3'

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Wow!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 04:03:49 PM »
Bout time ya got here!!!!!! 8)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline kawacop1642

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 04:24:55 PM »
Welcome Boot.
  +1 on the bike. This is my 15th motorcycle, and the best one yet. Lots of good people here and help when you need it. Get ready to Farkle up!

Offline jqram35

• 2012 C-14 Candy Arabian Red
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 04:25:36 PM »
Pic...
Jeff

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 04:31:42 PM »
New guy topic?  Once you post you ain't new anymore.  You stay here too long and there won't be any hope for you.  We do loves our company though.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Flathead

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 04:33:05 PM »
Welcome to the mad house!!

Pics... Pics....

What color????? ;D

Offline soeboot44

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 04:49:37 PM »
Thanks for the replies!  It's a new 2011, Black!  I'll get some pictures soon.  As of now, I can't get the grin off my face.  I need to do some seat time in my garage with the owners manual.  Funny, I got about two blocks away from the dealer and the warning light started flashing....low tire pressure.  Went right back (can't say I was too impressed with that) and had their mechanic add some air.  However.....that was sort of nice!  Again, will be picking your brains soon.  You can count on that!

8)
CA 'EY3'

Offline Sea Level

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 05:00:41 PM »
As the owner of a black 2011, I have to commend you on your fine taste in aesthetics and machinery. But there's so much for you do to do now, there's no time to rest on your past victories. You need stuff! Bags and lights and gadgets and new tires!    ;D

Offline ironmanmatt

• Ironman Canada 89,91,94,96, USA 2000, Florida 2001
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 05:33:20 PM »
Funny, when I picked up my 11 Black (stealthy) Connie I guess I missed the fine print part about paying for air and a full radiator.  About 500 yards down a major road from the dealer the tire pressure alarm and I found 30 pounds front and back.  I stopped to get some free air from a convenience store and by the the I got home the temperature bars were almost to the top...with little fluid in the radiator reservoir. 

I guess I did pay for a working KIPASS and some oil. 
If you're not a part of the solution, there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem.
2011 Kawasaki C14 (equipped with an ACME thermonuclear linear accelerator designed by Wile E. Coyote)
COG Member #10,000, Ironbutt member

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 05:35:27 PM »
Welcome, have fun with your new bike.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline booger

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 05:39:37 PM »
congratulations and welcome to the forum. ;)

Offline Z71

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 05:49:18 PM »
Thanks for the replies!  It's a new 2011, Black!  I'll get some pictures soon.  As of now, I can't get the grin off my face.  I need to do some seat time in my garage with the owners manual.  Funny, I got about two blocks away from the dealer and the warning light started flashing....low tire pressure.  Went right back (can't say I was too impressed with that) and had their mechanic add some air.  However.....that was sort of nice!  Again, will be picking your brains soon.  You can count on that!

8)

Wait until you get "TPS sensor battery low" flashing warning meassage.  It's coming soon to a C14 near you  (Yes, TPS batteries on these bikes are crappy and notorious for failing - usually within the warranty period).

Offline KawiG

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 06:10:12 PM »
You dudes buying the new Kawi's are killin me...I gotta wait til April....no more I got one posts til May pleeeease... :'(
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 06:59:21 PM »
Congrats and welcome! Your going to love this bike.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 07:12:43 PM »
I helped talk him into getting it!!!! :chugbeer:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 07:29:14 PM »
Congrats and welcome Bro!

But...

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 08:20:08 PM »
As the owner of a black 2011, I have to commend you on your fine taste in aesthetics and machinery. But there's so much for you do to do now, there's no time to rest on your past victories. You need stuff! Bags and lights and gadgets and new tires!    ;D

+1
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline soeboot44

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2012, 08:26:46 PM »
I helped talk him into getting it!!!! :chugbeer:

This is true....he did!  Listened to what he had to say about the C14 as oppossed to the 'other' bike we both had.  7.5 hours into ownership of the C14, it would appear to be a very good choice!

Yes, I'll get pictures, soon.  But suffice to say that it probably looks just like everybody elses!  It's right out of the showroom!

Thanks for the welcome!   8)

EY
CA 'EY3'

Offline tonedeaf

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2012, 08:48:44 PM »
Funny, when I picked up my 11 Black (stealthy) Connie I guess I missed the fine print part about paying for air and a full radiator.  About 500 yards down a major road from the dealer the tire pressure alarm and I found 30 pounds front and back.  I stopped to get some free air from a convenience store and by the the I got home the temperature bars were almost to the top...with little fluid in the radiator reservoir. 

I guess I did pay for a working KIPASS and some oil.

When I took my (seriously fast) silver '11 in for its first service -- compete with 41lbs in each tire, they graciously returned it to me with 30lbs in each tire. I went back and thank them sincerely. (It did seem odd to me that when they gave it back to me the dash was flashing like a gerbil on steroids. But, they are the pros, they must know something I don't!)

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 08:57:55 PM »
Well, welcome to the forums. I love my 2011 black stealth missile. She's by far the biggest bike I've ridden, and I had to concentrate and take her seriously. But my first season of riding (march to November) was fantastic! I put over 9K miles on her, and wanted to do more. I'm pulling her out of storage at the end of this month, and I can't wait!

Congratulations and keep the shinny side up.
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes