Author Topic: Engine guard, Frame sliders, ...?  (Read 18350 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Engine guard, Frame sliders, ...?
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2012, 03:33:54 PM »
If they didn't work why are you putting them back on?

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2012, 05:46:33 PM »
The one on the left is perfect new condition.  I ordered the new unit the day after my crash, without taking time to really reflect what these sliders did not do.  Still in pain and in shock of having my first bike crash in 42 years of driving without ever being down on the morning of Thanksgiving going to see my daughter and grandkids after my trip on the 14r.

So, a few days later I called Wild Hair and wanted to order extended center shafts to put the pads further out....a few days later he called me back and said they could not make them longer as I wanted.  That really angered me, and in between ordering the all new fairings, and the embarrassment of wrecking my new bike....just was not thinking clearly.

So.....now I am looking for an alternative to the GSG sliders on my 14r.  Have had them on the C-14 since 2010 of course that bike has never been down, so don't know what they would do on that machine.

The ones previous member recommended looks like a good unit to install on my C-14 but am now looking for a better set of sliders both front and rear for the 14r...so if anyone has any ideas....I am all ears.
Ninjawarrior

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2012, 06:10:38 PM »
The center shaft could be made from bar stock at your local machine shop.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2012, 06:31:49 PM »
There happens to be someone in the buis. Of fabricating cages.  Maybe you could ask him?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2012, 08:19:52 PM »
So.....now I am looking for an alternative to the GSG sliders on my 14r.  Have had them on the C-14 since 2010 of course that bike has never been down, so don't know what they would do on that machine.

The ones previous member recommended looks like a good unit to install on my C-14 but am now looking for a better set of sliders both front and rear for the 14r...so if anyone has any ideas....I am all ears.

You will probably have to ask that question on a ZX14 forum, not a C-14 forum.... but you know our recommendation would be for you to at least replace the GSG on your Concours with Canyon Cages.  Then you know at least one bike has some protection that works.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2012, 04:41:53 AM »
The one on the left is perfect new condition.  I ordered the new unit the day after my crash, without taking time to really reflect what these sliders did not do.  Still in pain and in shock of having my first bike crash in 42 years of driving without ever being down on the morning of Thanksgiving going to see my daughter and grandkids after my trip on the 14r.

So, a few days later I called Wild Hair and wanted to order extended center shafts to put the pads further out....a few days later he called me back and said they could not make them longer as I wanted.  That really angered me, and in between ordering the all new fairings, and the embarrassment of wrecking my new bike....just was not thinking clearly.

Instead of ears use your eyes and read reply #38 above.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 09:05:31 AM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2012, 08:41:42 AM »
Intead of ears use your eyes and read reply #38 above.

Thanks, Conrad! I'm surprised nobody really replied to that post. Anyhow, to the OP, if you decide to go with our Canyon Cages (made right here in the U.S. for a very reasonable price) let me know and I'll make sure your experience with us is top notch. We currently have these accessories in stock and can ship same day. If you mention you're from the ZGGTR forum I'll even toss in free shipping for you! Either way I hope everyone has a happy holiday season!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline george

• German
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 03:00:51 PM »
Hello Ryan,

I'm already convinced and as soon as I know the modalities to take the bike with me back to Germany (I mean if this could be done for a reasonable price because of all the specification changes that might be required), I'll purchase a canyon cage....
Hope you're going to listen from me soon   :)

George

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2013, 03:26:52 PM »
Hello Ryan,

I'm already convinced and as soon as I know the modalities to take the bike with me back to Germany (I mean if this could be done for a reasonable price because of all the specification changes that might be required), I'll purchase a canyon cage....
Hope you're going to listen from me soon   :)

George

Sounds good, man! We're always here for you so when you get it all figured out just shoot me an email or contact me on here and we'll get your order going for you.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!