Author Topic: 157 miles on her and some idiot with bad brakes runs into me.  (Read 25526 times)

Offline jqram35

• 2012 C-14 Candy Arabian Red
Re: 157 miles on her and some idiot with bad brakes runs into me.
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2012, 12:03:07 PM »
Or you could just cowboy up, like you seem to be doing.  We don't all have to contribute to the slide of decency and integrity.

I tend to agree but I would have been a bit more PC in my comment  ;D I'm sure there is a time and place for lawsuits, just don't think this is one of those occasions...Now if it turns out his insurance was bogus then it will be on like Donkey Kong!
Jeff

Offline misterd

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2012, 12:25:27 PM »
There I was just got my FIRST tank of gas 157 miles on the odometer, stopped at a red light. I hear squealing tires look down in the mirror to see red and bam to the ground me and the new bike go.....GRRR. Could have been worse and I am only bruised but dang brand new bike. He says my brakes arent working very well, I say no DUH ( not in those words...

sorry you had that happen but yes it could have been worse but it stills sucks. peoples brains just dont seem to register bikes.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2012, 05:45:45 PM »
There I was just got my FIRST tank of gas 157 miles on the odometer, stopped at a red light. I hear squealing tires look down in the mirror to see red and bam to the ground me and the new bike go.....GRRR. Could have been worse and I am only bruised but dang brand new bike. He says my brakes arent working very well, I say no DUH ( not in those words...

OMG, I am so sorry to hear about that and I am glad you are OK.  It could so easily be SO much worse.  That REALLY SUCKS to only have the bike for such a short time and wham. 

When sitting at lights, I am always scared someone will rear end me, so I watch for someone coming, then trigger my brake lights so they are more visible (or I let go and then press again so they will flash).  In any case, the very first improvement I make to a bike is more and larger brake lights.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2012, 06:37:22 PM »
Install the Whelen Police LED strobe lights in red lens next to your tag..and almost eliminate this problem from ever happening again.....they are in constant flashing motion and you can see them a half a mile away....

ninja
Ninjawarrior

Offline SonnyC

• Live long and enjoy life to its' fullest.
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2012, 06:41:54 PM »
I feel your pain man!  I am surprised at the amount of your restraint after the accident.  I hope the insurance will take care of your bike but importantly, you are in one piece.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #65 on: January 31, 2012, 07:23:33 PM »
Make sure to use some of that insurance $ to paint her black after the plastic repair, she'll be even faster...  ;) 8) ;D

Son of Pappy

« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2012, 08:09:05 PM »
Make sure to use some of that insurance $ to paint her black after the plastic repair, she'll be even faster...  ;) 8) ;D
Well, if ya want really fast ride what the Lone Ranger rode, "Hi yo Silver, away!"

Offline jqram35

« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2012, 08:09:20 PM »
Have hyperlites on my FJR and will probably put some on this bike too...and i love the maroon color.
Jeff

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2012, 08:48:38 PM »
Install the Whelen Police LED strobe lights in red lens next to your tag..and almost eliminate this problem from ever happening again.....they are in constant flashing motion and you can see them a half a mile away....

Or something perhaps a little less annoying but perhaps as effective :)

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=2505
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline jqram35

« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2012, 08:08:56 AM »
Don't think Hyperlites are annoying, the Whelen on the other hand is likely illegal is several states and may be annoying. I really don't concern myself too much with annoying after being run over :banghead:....Hyperlites are cheaper and are better looking the Admore light bar IMHO.
Jeff

Flathead

« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2012, 02:52:14 PM »
+1 On the Hyperlights... If I'm annoying them then they are seeing me!!!

Offline Tim

« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »
I got tapped on the Bazooka about 3 blocks from the shop after getting new PR2’s installed. I got scooted about 2 feet and didn't have any cars in front of me. I wasn’t hurt, bike didn’t fall over but the soccer mom in her Dodge van had wide open eyes.  :yikes: I think she got more damage than I did as her front bumper was scratched, my Bazooka wasn’t. I was more worried about the header pipes but no damage there either. I was stopped at a stop light and on level ground. I don't remember if I was on a brake or not. I don't think it would have made a difference in this case.

I'm glad you are alright and hope the cops wrote the other driver a ticket.  Oh and red is the fastest color.....   
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2012, 05:06:01 PM »
I'm glad you are alright and hope the cops wrote the other driver a ticket.  Oh and red is the fastest color.....

Son of Pappy

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2012, 05:21:39 PM »

So, thats why stop lights and brake lights are red ;D

Offline Tim

« Reply #74 on: February 01, 2012, 07:02:43 PM »
I don’t remember black, silver or blue Mustangs and Camaros getting stopped as much as the red ones for being a little fast…..   :stirpot:
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.

Offline KawiG

« Reply #75 on: February 01, 2012, 07:52:17 PM »
Glad you're O.K. and only received minor damage to your ride!  Maybe a new term  for the Bazooka could be the Bumphler, I like the Dark Cherry ! ;)
Live Fast and Ride Free, when we're no longer free....Ride Fast.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #76 on: February 01, 2012, 08:44:38 PM »
I don’t remember black, silver or blue Mustangs and Camaros getting stopped as much as the red ones for being a little fast…..   :stirpot:

Not faster... just more VISIBLE, making them a good target   :)

Offline Z71

« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2012, 09:33:18 PM »
I would check that exhaust system really carefully - the pipe sticks out behind the license plate and it was evidently hit by that car's bumper.  Which means the whole exhaust could be bent.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2012, 10:17:50 PM »
I would check that exhaust system really carefully - the pipe sticks out behind the license plate and it was evidently hit by that car's bumper.  Which means the whole exhaust could be bent.

Mashed potato??

Offline Tim

« Reply #79 on: February 02, 2012, 01:25:36 AM »
Mashed potato??

No, it's smashed potato!!  :thumbs: