Author Topic: 3rd Annual Strawboss Winter Book Club selections Announced!  (Read 1342 times)

Offline Strawboss

3rd Annual Strawboss Winter Book Club selections Announced!
« on: January 28, 2012, 11:08:31 AM »
In keeping with the empty announcements of the vacuous Oscar nominations, I present my version of a truly momentous annual event. My winter book club. Heres how it works. I present them here with a quick summary, you respond here and I get back to you to get your home address and in a few days a real book arrives at your door. The best part? NO COST TO YOU! ZERO. Every week or so, look for new selections. Read them, pass them on to other worthy readers. Enjoy!

1-"Dark Watch" by Clive Cussler and Jack DeBrul
A former CIA operative who runs a team of "wet work" folks that rid the world of some nasty people using a high tech ship that looks like a rusty, run down trawler.

2-"The End of War" by David Robbins
A fictional account based on real events of a series of characters, military and civilian, caught in the maelstrom of the closing days of WWII Berlin. Robbins also wrote the great "War of the Rats" based on sniper war in Stalingrad.

3-"Hornet Flight" by Ken Follett
Based on a true series of events about a young Danish man that needed to get important information to British intelligence authorities to prevent further horrible bomber losses in 1941.   
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Re: 3rd Annual Strawboss Winter Book Club selections Announced!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 04:40:17 PM »
Print is dead, at least that's what it said in the paper.
Ride safe all,
Greg
 :stirpot:
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 01:36:42 PM »
No one? No one wants a free book sent to their doorstep for free? To read? Am I that old Greg? ;D

Offline Pfloydgad

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 04:37:52 PM »
Absolutly not Dave, besides, I'm older then you. I can't believe it took you 2 days to get back at me.
I still very much enjoy reading, I even looked up all 3 books for my Nook.
But being the frugal Connie rider that I am, I need to wait until the three are free on Barnes & Noble before I download them. Please keep suggestions coming, I know how much a$$ time you get at that Firehouse your at.  :stirpot:
Ride safe buddy, when you get to ride of course.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 07:42:47 AM »
I changed fire houses late last year so I don't get online much anymore. I like old fashioned books in my hand, I can't stand the idea of a book online and plus, its too big, thats why I deal in paperbacks only. I can't believe that nobody here wants a free book delivered free to their house and all they got to do is ask. Oh well, I'm not giving them away to anybody, I figured I'd ask here first. I got lots more but I'm not posting till somebody takes these. Greg, go to utube and punch in north olmsted fire and you'll see how much time I got to sit around. ;D

Offline Pfloydgad

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:04:59 AM »
Dave,
I know you know me well enough to know that my A$$ time statement was total sarcasm. I know that you are as they say: "As busy as a one armed drywall hanger", between squad runs and fires, you guys rock, constantly.
The book thing is a nice escape from that turmoil, almost as much fun as a long ride.
Be safe buddy, watch your 6 and check those ceilings.
Ride safe all.
Greg

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 08:12:52 AM »
I know Greg cause I know about your son. I read A LOT, always did, sometimes 2 books at the same time, Michelle thinks I'm freaky to do that. See you soon.